Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 08-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #51
Mitch44
Grade 1

I'm sure it would work from the program but a more accurate approach would be to take it from result charts. Than see which of the contenders or RDSS readouts come close to the parameters from the result chart.

After the fact you have actual Match Up data to that track. Before the race a horse may appear to be 1 lg. or 2 lg. from leader and actually run say 4 because of a slow pace. Or lesser due to a fast pace. Even Jockey's don't always know how a race will unfold until after the gates open and the race has progressed some.

Good horses many times just track the leader when they could be the leader. If your trying to determine the track the result charts are best and if your trying to determine the horses that can meet it or possibly run to that profile than the RDSS program is for that.

In other words the best of both worlds will produce the best results. Doing it from handicapping and the program can be fraught with mistakes because its constantly changing and [B]is Pace Line dependent. Even the best of us will make a Pace Line mistake and we can only use what's there. If a horse has never ran on Turf before than that data is flawed and unpredictable. If Pace Line selection was an exact science that from the program would suffice, but it is a variable.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 08-24-2021 at 10:08 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:17 PM   #52
MJS6916
Grade 1

Thanks to Bill L, Mitch44, Tim (Lt1), Rmath, and everyone else who contributed to this thread.

I can't list all the PMs, P&C threads, posts, and emails to Ted that were all
really important in helping me get through this process.

I had been handicapping here and there, but mostly experimenting.

Not much experimenting left now or later. Time to dig in and make some serious dough.

These last few days have shoved a real surge into my learning curve and into my spirit too. This is huge!!!

Thanks again, Mike

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:03 AM   #53
Mitch44
Grade 1

Mike I wish you great success in the future.

Keep in mind that discipline and money management are also key components to success.
Only increase wagers with profits and bet within your comfort level.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 01:11 AM   #54
dadams6357
Grade 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
When it comes to Mdn winners going against winners for the first time pay close attention to turn time. Doc stated[and I've found it to be true] that if it doesn't rank in the top 2 tt they don't usually win. The reasoning according to Doc was that mdns tend to loaf on the turn.
Tim
Some authors state that if a mdn wins and moves up he will stand a chance of winning
if he drops to half the class of his mdn win.
Example if a horse wins his mdn at 40,00 if place in a 20,000 race he will do okay.
now I am not toting this logic.
Just heard on the street (other handicapping books).
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:00 AM   #55
Lt1
Grade 1

All I can tell you is I've kept enough records to back up my statement. If not in the top 2 tt they usually won't win. Notice I didn't say never.
Tim