Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 09-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

"Software matchers"

Overwhelming feedback from newsletter folks:
"How do i incorporate the matchup in software using adjusted numbers/readouts?"

I am going to show you one SPECIFIC way that produces an unbelievable mutual on a horse CLEARLY best on several screens ok?

Best part is this will NOT be a redboarded race. The race and readouts were posted 3 hours prior to post by a friend here who called me up and we worked the race together using the EXACT techniques that will be posted here.

He used Synergism 4 and I led him through the steps with RDSS. As you will see the matchup does not just get favorites. He laughed at first. After the race he continued laughing all the way to the bank.

1) Projecting pace using adjusted foot per second velocities. Running styles identified here.

2) Contender inclusion/exclusion

3) Line selection - practically done for you through step 1 above.

4) Interpreting readouts to identify HOW the race will be run and then WON. Early or other than early.

5) Verifying screens/readouts for wager decision. This will be to identify a ONE horse WIN wager.

Multi horse bettors have it easier. Just pick another horse! You will already have your winner in FIRST choice.

$56.00 BOMB - Posted 3 hours before race ran

need a couple of days to gather the troops,screenshots etc.

Richie
Old 09-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Overwhelming feedback from newsletter folks:
"How do i incorporate the matchup in software using adjusted numbers/readouts?"

I am going to show you one SPECIFIC way that produces an unbelievable mutual on a horse CLEARLY best on several screens ok?

Best part is this will NOT be a redboarded race. The race and readouts were posted 3 hours prior to post by a friend here who called me up and we worked the race together using the EXACT techniques that will be posted here.

He used Synergism 4 and I led him through the steps with RDSS. As you will see the matchup does not just get favorites. He laughed at first. After the race he continued laughing all the way to the bank.

1) Projecting pace using adjusted foot per second velocities. Running styles identified here.

2) Contender inclusion/exclusion

3) Line selection - practically done for you through step 1 above.

4) Interpreting readouts to identify HOW the race will be run and then WON. Early or other than early.

5) Verifying screens/readouts for wager decision. This will be to identify a ONE horse WIN wager.

Multi horse bettors have it easier. Just pick another horse! You will already have your winner in FIRST choice.

$56.00 BOMB - Posted 3 hours before race ran

need a couple of days to gather the troops,screenshots etc.

Richie
That will be helpful, Richie. As I've gotten back into Validator, I've been working race after race and it's clear, brutal contender selection/elimination is the key BEFORE the program is run.

Starting will all horses, picking a representative paceline, and then eliminating by the use of total energy and/or primary corollaries down to 5 or 6 HAS NOT worked for me. I must eliminate before I run the program, so contender selection is the key for me. Once I tag a horse as a contender, then picking a paceline is fairly straightforward in most cases.

That said, effective contender selection/elimination for me does involve SOME mainstream concepts and does vary by the type of race and age of horse. If I can blend the matchup in consistently, it should be more effective.

I'm surprised there aren't more threads dedicated to just pure contender selection/elimination, before a program is even run.

BTW, I hope both you and shoeless? made a nice bet on that winner and made a nice profit!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54 View Post
That will be helpful, Richie. As I've gotten back into Validator, I've been working race after race and it's clear, brutal contender selection/elimination is the key BEFORE the program is run.
Lou,
How bout the computer and software helping and showing you WHICH horses and pace lines to use for the final decision?

Using "Hat"s Matchup BASICS accompanied by key foot per second velocity readouts to tighten everything up.

Remember "Basics" work and help put food on the table man. I am serious.
Project pace
Identify running styles when facing that pace
selection/elimination of contenders
paceline (s) selection

Nothing works all the time but I think this will be very helpful to folks.

Richie
Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
admin
Administrator

look forward

Thank You Rich

I am looking forward to you presentation
Thank you for taking this time to help us

GS
Bill
Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
mufasa
Grade 1

Rich:

It will be interesting to see how you can utilize the RDSS (?) software as it applies to the Match Up Methodology.

I have one question though. In the past you have said when looking for projected pace times or when comparing power lines or power moves that you only used original times (not adjusted). In this respect I totally agreed with you since as to the Match Up I do not trust the adjusted half mile times. Many times the adjusted times suggest that if a horse is either cutting back in distance or stretching out that it could achieve some estimated pace call times that the past performances do not support. That is for example a horse cutting back from a 8 furlong race to today’s 6 furlong at times will be given an adjusted half-mile time of let say 44.0 yet it has never run successfully or even achieved such a pace call time.

If you are to utilize in this next segment of your Match Up lessons adjusted velocity times as provided by the Sartin based programs (very interesting) when considering projected pace times, power lines, power moves, etc. how does that fit into your stated (and I believe The Hat’s) position on using original times?

Thanks,

Robert
Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich:

It will be interesting to see how you can utilize the RDSS (?) software as it applies to the Match Up Methodology.

I have one question though. In the past you have said when looking for projected pace times or when comparing power lines or power moves that you only used original times (not adjusted). In this respect I totally agreed with you since as to the Match Up I do not trust the adjusted half mile times. Many times the adjusted times suggest that if a horse is either cutting back in distance or stretching out that it could achieve some estimated pace call times that the past performances do not support. That is for example a horse cutting back from a 8 furlong race to today’s 6 furlong at times will be given an adjusted half-mile time of let say 44.0 yet it has never run successfully or even achieved such a pace call time.

If you are to utilize in this next segment of your Match Up lessons adjusted velocity times as provided by the Sartin based programs (very interesting) when considering projected pace times, power lines, power moves, etc. how does that fit into your stated (and I believe The Hat’s) position on using original times?

Thanks,

Robert
Hi Robert,
I use original data. That is how i was taught from day 1. Jim obviously uses only raw data.

After telling him that the majority of feedback emails are from software users relying on adjusted data but who still want to use some matchup concepts he
gave me a couple of ideas. He also said it's cool for folks to do whatever they are comfortable with.

Looking around at some readouts dealing with pace of horse,running styles and total energy(Fast horses) I see some patterns that will show the matchup
of todays race on a couple of screens.

I am using RDSS which is why I put this here. However users of virtually ANY software should be able to take something positive from this procedure if they choose to:
Validator
Synergism
Speculator
Entropy
Thoromation
Htr
Energy
Valm

Richie
Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie,THANK YOU.Jeff
Old 09-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1

pp's for the field

here are horses 1-5.

we will be using pace of horse velocity shown on 2nd tab and combining with running style.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

here are horses 6-7-8
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1

to complete the field here are the 9-10-11
Attached Images