Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2018
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2018 Saratoga Meetup 2018

Old 08-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #51
Ted Craven
Grade 1

For those staying at the Desmond Hotel Thursday night in Albany, Charlie B will bring us the tickets for the weekend so you don't need to pay to get in Friday to get to the restaurant (Four Star Dave) to get the tickets, which include admission ... Everyone else will have to first pay Friday admission to get to the restaurant, or text me to arrange to meet to hand you Friday tickets outside the front gate.

Attendance Update:

Probably/certainly (at least have not said they aren't coming):
Mick
Jeebs/Tim
mowens/Mike
gandalf/Charlie
Ted C
Barb C
MikeSal
Bill V + ~3
RichieP (and Karen)
tazzerbobo (Don E)
Lt1 (Tim G)

Per day seat at the table is $20 to cover restaurant table costs, which includes General Admission.

We meet Friday evening at the NHPLAY offices downtown for our traditional Alabama Stakes handicapping session.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-09-2018 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Update attendance list
Old 08-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #52
mick
Abiding Student

I'm staying just across the Interstate at the Hampton Inn. In my younger days, I could have probably hit a 3-wood from there to the Desmond, although I might have needed some help from the asphalt. So, I can easily walk over and fetch them.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 08-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #53
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'm staying just across the Interstate at the Hampton Inn. In my younger days, I could have probably hit a 3-wood from there to the Desmond, although I might have needed some help from the asphalt. So, I can easily walk over and fetch them.

Better still, let's all have dinner and/or drinks at the Desmond, say 7pm~ish? You never know who we'll meet this year

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #54
mick
Abiding Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Better still, let's all have dinner and/or drinks at the Desmond, say 7pm~ish? You never know who we'll meet this year

Ted
That sounds great. The Desmond has a fine restaurant. And if Dr. Z shows up, he can autograph my first edition copy of his book.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 08-03-2018, 07:27 PM   #55
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowens33 View Post
Ted, I will be there Tuesday thru Sunday so whatever the group decides is good for me.

Regards, Mike
I will be there most of the week, mostly in the NYRABets simulcast center prior to the weekend. You and others are welcome to join me 😊
Old 08-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #56
gandalf380
Grade 1

where is that center located?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:10 PM   #57
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
where is that center located?
2nd floor, next to “The Stretch” grandstand hospitality area.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:12 PM   #58
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

Ted
I might be good for The Desmond. I’ll keep ya’ll posted.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:14 AM   #59
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

First time in a long time -

Just booked an impromptu FIRST TRIP EVER to Saratoga for this coming Wednesday - Saturday and logged on in the OFF chance that this group was POTENTIALLY getting together at the same time. Acknowledging I haven't been an active participant recently, I consider many of yll handicapping mentors over the past 3-4 years and feel like I owe many of yll a some drinks at the bar for all the support and advice.

Unfortunately, looks like I will miss you all by one week. Ideally I would be able to stay the entire week but I want to fly back for the Arlington Million that Saturday morning. I am however playing in the Saratoga contest on Friday. If any of you are around while I am in town, let me know, would be great to catch up. I appreciate everything you all have done for me in the years past. I continue to have admiration for this for despite my lack of participation.

Bill V-

Hope you are doing alright. I really respect your perseverance in getting down to Saratoga despite any health complications. I will keep your journey in my thoughts.

Ted-

You're the man. We should catch up soon.

Cheers all
Old 08-04-2018, 07:52 AM   #60
RichieP
Grade 1

Karen and I are going to try our best to make at least some of the races Saturday (Sunday is definite). Anyone interested in getting together for dinner Saturday night?

We are booked into the Desmond that night