Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 06-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #331
gandalf380
Grade 1

The hash marks in a column usually indicate that the column width is not wide enough. AdJust the width of those columns. The main problem seems to be the row labeled count. What is the formula shown in one of those cells. Either it is missing or it’s incorrect.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:55 AM   #332
Ted Craven
Grade 1

As Charlie says, the formula in the Count row is not counting correctly (=0 ). The other row formulas divide by Count, thus divide by 0, and return an error, columns not wide enough to show the #Div/0 error message.

If you know Excel to fix those count formulas, that will do it. Otherwise, just email it to me and I can fix it up for you, no worries.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #333
57viking
Grade 1

Exporting data

When I export the data . it says to post it in Template 5 . The latest version I have is 4 . There are extra columns that are not in template 4.( EM to EO) One looks like Bris PP ratings.
57viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:23 PM   #334
sdahl
Grade 3

I discovered the problem. After I copied the information I clicked on "insert copied cells" like I saw in a video that Richie did about exporting data. I tried just hitting paste and everything worked. Thanks
sdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:18 AM   #335
gandalf380
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57viking View Post
When I export the data . it says to post it in Template 5 . The latest version I have is 4 . There are extra columns that are not in template 4.( EM to EO) One looks like Bris PP ratings.
The following was posted by Ted in an earlier post.

The latest Export Template distributed in the last update (V2.1.049.11) is MasterTemplate4.xlsx. This template ends at Col EL which is Tote Tx2 rank # (aka P/W ratio). Some few folks might have a MasterTemplate5 which adds several newer data points including BRIS Prime Power and ProfitLine.

However, this template does not populate correctly by the current data export routine, omits data points at the end and garbles a few of them. I will replace it with MasterTemplate6 as soon as I am able to complete and test the correct export order of those last several data items.

Meanwhile, V2.1.049.11 DOES export BRIS Prime Power and its rank as the final 2 data points in the Excel Export routine (Cols ER and ES in the export file). You could modify MasterTemplate4 to add 7 new columns to the right of the last one (Col EL) so the new final Column would be Col ES.

Then when you import from the Excel export files to your modified MasterTemplate4.5 (whatever), BPP will appear in Col ER and BPP rank# in Col ES. And ProfitLine Odds will appear in Col EM.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:04 PM   #336
57viking
Grade 1

Thanks , very helpful.
57viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #337
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Sar r7

Hi Ted,

Working better today, if a little sluggish.

When I assembled all races (using the last race as default), it took a few attempts to do them all, and RDSS closed at one point too.

I've enclosed the entries page for race 7. Not one that I tend to use, but just wanted to let you know there was an issue with data feeding through somewhere.

Thanks
Attached Images

DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #338
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
Hi Ted,

Working better today, if a little sluggish.

When I assembled all races (using the last race as default), it took a few attempts to do them all, and RDSS closed at one point too.

I've enclosed the entries page for race 7. Not one that I tend to use, but just wanted to let you know there was an issue with data feeding through somewhere.

Thanks

Dave, if clearing the Cache, and reassembling the race does not repopulate that Entries screen, sigh ... no further ideas.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-19-2020, 05:54 AM   #339
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Muddy Waters..........

Hi Ted,

This is a bit long winded, but it may provide some insight.

Firstly upon opening RDSS I accidently clicked it twice. When I closed the first instance, the second time wasn't actually open, but there was a grey square with button to press, which I did to get rid of it.
It then opens up RDSS as a 30 day trial. After a couple of reopens and reregisters it then reverts to my actual expiry date.

I had already downloaded today's SAR card. When I assemble the races (toteboard connection indicated) I had a similar issue to yesterday with the entries screen, but only for one race, R4. The rest were fine and also included scratches. I post a couple of snips as examples. All races were assembled as last line default. The whole card was assembled in one go, albeit that it took a few attempts to finish. Occasionally the pacelines are not selected in a race, although it indicates that the assemble is complete.

R10 does show a scratch, which presumably is right, but I couldn't find it on either Equibase or Twin Spires.

At this stage RDSS is working perfectly right now, but that may be due to the fact that it is morning UK time and presumably the Twin Spires site is very quiet?
Attached Images

DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:33 AM   #340
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dave, I'm moving these recent posts about Entries screen not populating to the Bugs List, since not really related to the recent RDSS non-responsive issue of the original thread.

I'll look at your reports as soon as I can today.

Ted

R
DSS -