Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
mildeu
AlwNW3X

Changes & updates

H Ted and all,

[Upon re-install] I lost the tandem-match-up tab, Maybe you can help.
Next, maybe being addressed already, I would appreciate your investigation into moving the Purse/Win columns (top window, far right) to the left several slots or place a horizontal scroll bar for that window.
Next would be to add the HORSES # to the right of the segments screen, I personally lose the association after scrolling to the right, as it were.
Other than that I have no pressing issues.

Thnk You
mildeu

Last edited by Ted Craven; 09-06-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: copied from another thread
mildeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mildeu,

Re missing Tandem and 'Matchup' Tabs on the Horse's PPs - please see this FAQ post about changing the Layout of the PP Panels and let me know if it answers your question: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...12&postcount=4 (for example, just re-apply the check-marks to those 2 currently missing Tabs).

Re missing info at the far right in the Horse Header (Purse & Win columns) - simply Hide the Sidebar at the left (Race Cards by Date) by clicking the little red arrow to the left of the RDSS Desktop Tab (or use the corresponding button on the RDSS Desktop). On lower screen resolutions (e.g. 1280 wide, like yours) this will provide more room for the right-most info to display completely, no scrolling required. I designed the layout of that top horse header display to show completely at 1280 wide resolution with the Sidebar hidden and at a Zoom of 120% (check your setting on the Configure Screen). I have also found that 115% works just as well.

Re adding a 2nd Program # column at the right edge of Analysis screens - even with the Sidebar hidden, at 1280 res wide many of the Analysis screens still occupy ALL the screen width - for example Segments. Which columns on the right side should be 'eliminated' to make room for a 2nd Pgm # column? Etc ...

One my design decisions to deal with this issue was to include the scrolling 'rowover' highlight bar which tracks your mouse movement. So, to see info for a given horse, you place the mouse on that row (perhaps initially focusing on they horse name or Program # at the left, then with that row highlighted, it is easier for you to associate all the rest of the data on that line with that particular horse.

However, 1280 wide resolution is starting to become an older screen width spec, with many screens now having at least 1366 width. Perhaps there is some layout accommodation I can make on screens which have a little extra space at he right - but it might be visible only on those 1366 and higher resolutions.

See if the highlight bar helps to not lose track of the Program # and let me know. Also, if the other suggestions solve the rest of your queries.

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
mildeu
AlwNW3X

match-up & tandem tabs

HI Ted and all,
I understand your answer on screen lay-out.Thanks
I have attempted to send two screen shots, to no avail.

Therefore i shall try to use words:Tab Layout
10 ORIGINAL
20 ADJUSTED
30 VELOCITY -PoH
40 VELOCITY -PoR
50 ENERGY
60 TPR+E/L
70 PRIMARY
80 WORKOUTS
90 TRIP

Under Match-Up tab :Sorry This Screen is Not Yet Available
mildeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
nocal
AlwNW1X

I am having the same issue. For some reason I do not have the tandem button available when I click on the "GEAR" icon. Does anyone have a corrective action? Thanks
nocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi nocal,

Replying here and to your PMs -

- after you click the Config Icon (gear) to display the Tab Layout tool for PPs, if you have checked the Tandem Tab, it will display, like this:

Name:  tandems.tab.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  154.0 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote