Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2018
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2018 Saratoga Meetup 2018

Old 08-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #151
Lt1
Grade 1

Just wanted to add that this weekend was outstanding. Seeing how good Bill V looked and meeting his wonderful family was a high point. Naturally hanging out with the rest of the crew was great also. I can't remember when I had so many laughs. It was also nice that so many of us were able to meet up after the races and share a meal together. The food was excellent and the company great. I never get tired of sharing old war stories of years past and memories of Doc, Jimmy,and the others. Looking forward to doing it again next year.
Tim
Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #152
mick
Abiding Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Just wanted to add that this weekend was outstanding. Seeing how good Bill V looked and meeting his wonderful family was a high point. Naturally hanging out with the rest of the crew was great also. I can't remember when I had so many laughs. It was also nice that so many of us were able to meet up after the races and share a meal together. The food was excellent and the company great. I never get tired of sharing old war stories of years past and memories of Doc, Jimmy,and the others. Looking forward to doing it again next year.
Tim
I agree with Tim. What a fun gathering with great people! And congratulations to Barb and Charlie for that Monday afternoon bomb.

Next year in Saratoga.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 08-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #153
tazzerbobo
AlwNW3X

I didn't catch the BIG one but was able to gather in the $32 one(2nd Race) on both the front and back-end of the doubles. Bottom lines is that the program update was definitely on yesterday. Track ran truer to form.

Congrats to Barb and Charlie.

Also want to say that the weekend was a joy with the people associated with this method.

Stay healthy and see you all down the road.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #154
barb craven
Grade 1

This is soewhat long-winded. I'm doing this from the train which I will be on all day, so bear with me friends if there a few mistakes. Thank you all for the congrats on that win. That's another thing I can take off my bucket list - a dream I've always had.

I just wanted to clear up one thing. Charlie and I came by the 7 using our own methods. He has his own that I can't even begin to fathom. How he comes up with the winners day after day for the local paper when he has to pick them three, or is it two days ahead of time is a wonder.

I, after taking a 6 month hiatus, was trying out again some of the skills I have learned from rmath after working with him and Old Arkie Gal for over 3 years. My BL/BL screen looks a little different from the one Ted put up because I didn't include the 1 in my contenders. Without the 1, the 7's VDC ties for #1 instead of being #2 which, together with his small move improvements in his last few races, and of course, the price, was enough to encourage me to take a gamble (with the last of NYRA's money that I won last Friday),of w,p along with the exacta with the 3 whom I also had a w,p on.

Charlie and I spent the last few minutes before the race discussing all the reasons we had for using him.
Attachment 46990
Old 08-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #155
rmath
Grade 1

Way to go

Congrats to both Barb and Charlie.

Barb I tried to look at your attachment but was not able to access it.

Rmath
Old 08-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #156
barb craven
Grade 1

Now for some personal stuff.
This year was, to me very sweet. To see Bill coming along so well, and to meet his wonderful family, who were so caring of him and so much fun to be with. Dinner every night with friends after the races was like icing on the cake.

Also to see again old and new friends, Rich and Karen, who are like family, Bill, of course, Mikesal and and Sylvia, (I wish we'd known you had tried to get in to Dave's the last day. We were over at the other side with Charlie and Missy and there were tables there) Mike O., Don (tazzerbobo), Jeebs, Tim (Ltl) who kept me in stitches with his tales and who has now become another adopted son (along with Richie P.), The ever quiet gentleman, Mick who introduced me to Maker's Mark Bourbon. I bought Ted a scotch last night Mick. Get him to tell you which one). I missed saying goodbye to you yesterday, but I trust you got home to your lovely wife before the rain. Thank you for your friendship and insight into so many varied subjects.

Charlie and Missy. Saratoga wouldn't be Saratoga without them and their ever present friendshhip and helpfulness.

Last, but not least, my thanks go to my son Ted, who makes it possible for me to come to all these meets and makes sure I am well cared for.
I'd better stop now, I'm still in shock.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #157
tazzerbobo
AlwNW3X

Class kudos for a class lady...Yep that's your Barb
Old 08-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #158
barb craven
Grade 1

Here you are Dick. I think the file was too big.Name:  sar.9 blbl small.PNG
Views: 736
Size:  240.5 KB
Old 08-21-2018, 02:34 PM   #159
Lt1
Grade 1

Amen to that Don. Hey now that I'm adopted[a great honor to be included with Richie P] can I borrow $50.lol.
Tim
Old 08-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #160
barb craven
Grade 1

Come and get it Tim.