Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

View Poll Results: If RDSS exported a file for use by Synergism 2 or 3, would you use RDSS?
Yes 19 79.17%
No 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #11
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
I would vote no then as the best way according to Purdy to use the setup times in Synergism is by the majority of the distances you are using in the pp's.

Also would like to comment on Mildeu posts using Synergism,for me the reason I like it is the simplicity of having only 3 screens.

1st screen- all the factors readouts

2nd screen and in my opinion the most important dream race and SCBL

3rd screen-rankings

There is more then enough info here to get you by.
Jeff
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff, the paceline selection would be done through RDSS. You would have the option to equalize (adjust) by distances and /or surfaces or you could use the raw data.
The pars would be governed by RDSS and there would be no need for yearly updating of pars.
In a sense Synergism would provide the readouts that would be reliant on the data provided by RDSS The process would be easy to do and as far as I'm concerned, and very efficient.
To my mind Synergisms strength are it's readouts which makes a final decision for a single horse easier for me.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
shoeless
Grade 1

Parts,

I was referring to Synergism 2 which doesnt use pars

Ted,

You might want to have added maybe to your poll because if the
people who are using it are doing well it might intice the no's to buy
it.
shoeless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just so I understand the responses correctly - am I right in thinking that (as of July 15) 8 people who currently do not use RDSS will purchase an annual subscription ($100/year) if the software can export to Synergism?

Did I get that right?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
ray lopez
Grade 1

Yes,count me in Ted.
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
shoeless
Grade 1

Ted,

There you go now it is worth it for you to do so.
shoeless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jeff (+Ray, Bill)

It looks like the interest is indeed there. It was always on my list, but the squeaky wheel ...

I'll look at this ASAP. Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #17
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Jeff (+Ray, Bill)

It looks like the interest is indeed there. It was always on my list, but the squeaky wheel ...

I'll look at this ASAP. Thanks!

Ted
-------------------------------------------------------
Ted, I am very excited about the results of your poll.
I thank you for the poll. your open mindedness and applaud your efforts to make RDSS, a great piece of software, even better then it is.
You are very progressive.
I personally thank those that supported this poll and the insight and wisdom they displayed. They may now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I anticipate using the strength of your equalized RDSS files into some
very formidable Synergism applications.
I am very confident that the results will be very strong and will serve as a great decision maker for those of us that are win bettors and bet just one horse to win or might be looking for a strong contest horse or the key horse in an exotic bet.
This possible new feature will serve as a very strong confirmation tool to all users (Synergism).
There are many Synergism users out there and hopefully they will come out and openly support this effort.

Things are looking up said the saucer to the cup.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
Houndog
Grade 1

RDSS Export to Synergism Comments

Actually I have a few questions regarding the export from RDSS to Synergism as I don’t know how it would work but than again I am not a computer programmer.

Synergism II: As Jeff has stated Synergism II uses set-up times which I think creates some sort of meridian variant.

Synergism III: Assuming you could export a file from RDSS to Synergism III I think Synergism III will still be looking for the Syner3.Par file and try to use it. What I did was renamed the Syner3.Par file and tried running Synergism III. Here is the screenshot of what happened.

Synergism IV: Synergism IV use a par file called Syner.par Same result.

Of course Ted may have a better idea on how to approach this but it seems to me as it is now the only thing you could do would be to export a raw un-adjusted file to Synergism III and Synergism IV and use the Par Files within the respective programs. BTW both Synergism III and Synergism IV can use the same par file as long as you rename them as shown below. Also I think you should run synerpar.exe in Synergism IV if you update your par files which updates the BSYNER.PAR file which Synergism IV uses.

The Energy/THOROMATION export was different in that Energy and THOROMATION did not use set-up times or internal par times but created it’s adjustments according to the horses entered in the program.

I am all for an export to Synergism and as I stated Ted know’s more about programming then I do. Unless I am missing something obvious I think Synergism III and IV will always be looking for a par file. I encourage all interested parties to comment on this because someone may have a better idea. -------Mike “Houndog”

Screenshot follow.
Attached Images

Last edited by Houndog; 07-17-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: correction
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
partsnut
BetMix User

[quote=Houndog;81584]Actually I have a few questions regarding the export from RDSS to Synergism as I don’t know how it would work but than again I am not a computer programmer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mike,
How are you? I hope all is well.

From what I am led to believe, the "RAC" file can be created through RDSS using RDSS par files and can be adjusted or equalized if one desires to do so and then exported to a properly formatted "RAC" file. The file would just have to be read by the Synergism program and would not need to use the Synergism par files.
I might be wrong but I think this might work,
I believe the par files in Synergism only comes into play when you try to create a file withing the Synergism program. The file created by RDSS would just have to be read by Synergism.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #20
Houndog
Grade 1

Good Observation

Parts, Good Point! That's why I asked for other opinions. Just as you have stated opening up an existing RAC file without creating a file within Synergism should bypass the par file issue.

Last edited by Houndog; 07-17-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Correction
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote