Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Jim Bradshaw's Matchup - The Final Lesson - 1 year update

I am going to show you something that took the Hat months to get me to understand.

This is Hat's Voodoo. Some serious Voodoo at that.

The race I will put up ran couple nights ago. I called Jim up with about 10 minutes to post,sent him the pp's and we both nailed the nice winner. I will describe what thoughts were in my head and then Jim will post up what he told me before the race ran.

Hopefully these 2 descriptions will help crystallize the picture for you. It took me about 4-5 minutes to work the race and no bull**** within 20 SECONDS of opening the race Jim tells me who is gonna win!

I am going to ask you for a favor please. After you learn this,apply this and start winnning races I want you to take the time to TEACH it to your son, nephew,daughter etc. Someone YOUNGER than you who you know likes racing.

Tell them you learned this from Jim "the Hat" Bradshaw from Tulsa, Ok. The Master of the Matchup. "He taught me, I show you, later you show someone you know". Then if they are interested show them this forum and turn them onto the 5 step approach.

This way Jim's teachings can be passed on to younger generations in a very cool way. Ok? I think Jim would be very happy folks took the time to do this.Thank you.

I guarantee with concentrated practice you will pick up on it's unique requirements and start winning these races while others around you shake their head in disbelief.

WHY? Because in many of these races the FIRST horse thrown out is going to be the betting favorite! Don't know why it happens like this but it often is the case.

This involves a certain makeup of the horse's past performances. Something when you take the time to LOOK for it will be clear cut and trigger this very nice feeling inside that good things are a coming.

Give me a little while to collect both the pp's and my thoughts then I will be back to post up the race pp's.

Richie
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Getting inside the "Hat's" head

"Rich I like to sit and just watch races. All kinds of races." - "The Hat"

"I watch when the gate pops what the horses DO. Some immediately charge to the front.You can see them looking around and they will do all they can to get the lead position.These are the BOSS horses of the race." - "The Hat"

"Then there are others who when the gate pops look around and WAIT for others to take the lead. They are comfortable FOLLOWING the lead horses at the beginning of the race. You can SEE it in their eyes Rich.They will look around WAITING for the boss to take charge EARLY." - "The Hat"

" After the gate pops I watch the horses settle into their positions. The ones who can NOT get their desired position stand out like sore thumbs. You can see em looking around like lost sheep Rich. They are beaten right there."
- "The Hat"

" When there is NO lead or boss horse crazy things WILL happen Rich. Someone HAS to take the lead and whomever that is AUTOMATICALLY is running OUT of their natural position. You can see them looking around thinking "like what is going on here". They will do crazy things" - The Hat"

"Jim I lost this race and what's worse is it ran exactly how I thought and my horse got DESTROYED. No one wants the lead in the race Jim. I found the horse that was gonna get it by DEFAULT and he was fast. I bet him confidently,he got the lead uncontested and he got crushed." - Richie P - April 2007

" When there is NO lead or boss horse crazy things WILL happen Rich. Someone HAS to take the lead and whomever that is AUTOMATICALLY is running OUT of their natural position. You can see them looking around thinking "like what is going on here". They will do crazy things" - The Hat"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

" After the gate pops I watch the horses settle into their positions. The ones who can NOT get their desired position stand out like sore thumbs. You can see em looking around like lost sheep Rich. They are beaten right there."
- "The Hat"

Last edited by RichieP; 07-03-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
mufasa
Grade 1

Rich:

This is not only a great site to learn how to best use some of the Sartin based software out there now and from years past but it is especially special because of you and your special connection to “The Hat” and his and your gracious almost hands on guidelines of how best to use the Match up methodology. I am so glad to have this opportunity.

Thanks and have a happy July 4th,

Robert
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich:

This is not only a great site to learn how to best use some of the Sartin based software out there now and from years past but it is especially special because of you and your special connection to “The Hat” and his and your gracious almost hands on guidelines of how best to use the Match up methodology. I am so glad to have this opportunity.

Thanks and have a happy July 4th,

Robert
Thanx "Mu".
btw "Mu" stands for matchup .

Richie
Old 07-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

The race

If you want to learn this don't go looking for the result online now. WAIT and follow along. Let the concept sink in with an OPEN and RELAXED mind.

Pp's of the field. Concept and work to follow

Today's distance is 6f

horse 1
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

horse 2
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1