Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Intruders are in the house / Warning / RDSS

Be CAREFUL of what you post here. There are other developers spending more time here than on their own site ok? It's not for the entertainment value of the posts either.

While this is an open site we also have to take care of our profit margins and NOT give away the store. This includes ME.

fwiw I am going to start using emails and the members area to discuss some of the "heavy ****". And I DO mean heavy ****. Call me paranoid. Call me an asshole. I could care less man. This is a game of ****ing sharks. Remember that. I have some addresses. Wanna send me yours? Fine. I am NOT looking for **** in return.

I also wanna KNOW who these "members" are. I KNOW class acts like Mr. Vanoy Scott, Dick Brown, Gary, Stan, Jeff, etc.etc. I have left off names cause I dont have Bill's list in front of me. Forgive me please. We as a group ARE going to be taken advantage of without some kind of SAFEGUARDS.

COUNT ON IT.

Guy's "pre analysis " screen has already been copied and is now on another software package.

Remember "Lost in Space" ? The robot calling out:

" WARNING - DANGER - DANGER -WARNING"

Richie Pizzicara
" to be aware is to be alive" - Will Tomlin - Phoenix House Director - 2001
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
traynor
AlwNW1X

intruders

As a developer, I understand how easy it is to duplicate the work of others, and how frustrating that can be. The example of bootstrapping is an algorithm that reverse-engineers decisions to extract a set of rules about how those decisions were made. And as a developer, I take Richie's warnings to heart--I have no desire whatsoever to post selections that would enable any relatively competent developer to extract the algorithms used to make those selections. I appreciate the advice.

Further, if you have a workable, profitable method, I strongly suggest you restrict access not just to the method itself, but to the output of that method. We have, unfortunately, found that to be essential. As Ritchie points out, it is not a very nice world.

I requested that our link, as well as any other postings I may have made that were offensive or objectionable in any way, be deleted. After reading Ritchie's posting, I realize that freely posting the output of our applications is not useful, and that it may lead to other developers stealing and using our material. Under the circumstances, I sent an email to the moderator requesting that all my postings be deleted, and my membership in this forum be cancelled immediately. That email bounced as undeliverable, so I am making the request publicly.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your various endeavors, and I especially wish Ritchie well in his handicapping and software endeavors.
Good Luck
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
jms62
Grade 1

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic here but if your picks were so good, why are you offering to sell them ? Why not play them and retire on the coast of France in a nice Villa. Instead you choose to sell them which negatively affects your odds if you do choose to play them.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote