Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

View Poll Results: If RDSS exported a file for use by Synergism 2 or 3, would you use RDSS?
Yes 19 79.17%
No 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS Export to Synergism Poll

If RDSS could export a file for use by Synergism 2 or 3, would you use RDSS if you don't already?

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-12-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
ray lopez
Grade 1

yes
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
mildeu
AlwNW3X

Ted,
Thank you for the thread. I am most interesed in RDSS, however, having had the great opportunity to use Synergism 2 (now lost someware) and Synergism 3, I see some presentations or visuals that are not, for me anyway, as easily viewed.

But my major point is, that I have purchased the Synergism programs in the past and would like to be able to run them again without hand entry (efficiency), regardless as to weather I use RDSS or not, as I have purchased TRACKMASTER DATA FILES, I would like to think that I may use them in whatever program I may be using.

I do like many features in RDSS, but find that some screens seem to be to busy?
mildeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildeu View Post
I do like many features in RDSS, but find that some screens seem to be to busy?
Dennis, So as to not drift this thread about Synergism, could I ask you to post in a separate thread which screen or screens in RDSS you find too busy. Or email me. Details are appreciated. It will help me make RDSS more effective.

Thank you!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
partsnut
BetMix User

Hi Ted,

I guess by now you know that I would be strongly in favor of a Synergism export feature. I appreciate your interest in this matter,

I enjoy using RDSS and would definitely subscribe.
RDSS is as good as anything out there and is a great tool all by itself. I feel that it would be a big plus and an excellent handicapping feature for your software that would appeal to some on this board as well as those that participate on sites such as the other Sartin board and PaceAdvantage.
I would strongly believe there are quite a few out there that still use the older versions of Synergism and there are those that haven't used them but will when these conversion features come to pass.

Being as you do have conversion features that works with KGEN and Energy, which are excellent programs and which I have frequently and successfully used, I personally believe Synergism is much better and it would enhance your software by 10 fold.
The fact that the par times would never have to be updated for Synergism 3 and or Synergism 4 s a selling point in itself and would revive and automate one of the best programs ever produced. This fact has been validated by Dick Schmidt who has praised Bob Purdy's efforts repeatedly
To me this would be a progressive move.
If you will notice, the activity on your Synergism segment is drawing some interest and attention.
The successful postings of Jeff (shoeless) and other knowledgeable people like Pino, Alydar and Mike Batur will encourage and instill interest in this feature.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
shoeless
Grade 1

My question is would the data be sent over raw to these programs or would it be adjusted.

Also how would it be determined what the setup distance is by the majority of pacelines
or just by the program

Last edited by shoeless; 07-12-2012 at 05:10 PM.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

As with export files for Energy/Thoromation, etc you could create a file with EITHER raw unadjusted data, OR adjusted to the distance of today's race, with Daily and Inter-Track variants applied.

It would be your choice.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
shoeless
Grade 1

I would vote no then as the best way according to Purdy to use the setup times in Synergism is by the majority of the distances you are using in the pp's.

Also would like to comment on Mildeu posts using Synergism,for me the reason I like it is the simplicity of having only 3 screens.

1st screen- all the factors readouts

2nd screen and in my opinion the most important dream race and SCBL

3rd screen-rankings

There is more then enough info here to get you by.

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
chris
Grade 1

Rdss/Synergism or Both?

1965/66, somewhere back then, found me behind the wheel of a Pontiac GTO convertible, of course I thought it was the best automobile on the road. Time has tempered my enthusiam - would not trade my Mazda front wheel drive, automatic transimission, with all the power opltions imaginable for two GTO's. My legacy with the Sartin programs began with phase III (believe it was III) and Synergism II, and then Bob Purdy's version. Great programs both of them, but I have no desire to return to either. When Sartin programs went to downloading data files, I made the switch and havn't looked back.

Though I can understand why those who use Synergism still find it attractive. Though i believe the questions is "if RDSS could export a file for Synergism, would you still use RDSS?"

I would stay with RDSS, it supports what I do with a program. I'm a better handicapper then I was in the Synergism days and often arrive at a decision well before I go to a program. What I find invaluable with RDSS is the ease of navigating through multiiple scenarios quickly, for example, am I dealing with a time horse, a position horse, or one that can go either way. The primary reason I run multiple scenarios is that horses often defy a single characterization, if the odds are generous I'm going with the scenario that flatters my choice. That's just one example.

Rather than see you spend your time creating an export option for Synergism, I believe many of us would profit from a less cumbersome printing option.

Still your friend,
chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Chris,

Noooooo - the question is NOT would you still use RDSS, but would you start using RDSS if you don't use it already!!

If a certain number of people who do not currently use RDSS say they will start using it (i.e. and start subscribing) if only they could export to Synergism, well that would influence my work schedule.

(I agree printing is important, but a Syn export might be a smaller task and deliverable sooner).

Thanks for the feedback Chris (Still your friend too!)

Ted

R
DSS -