Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #31
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted I just downloaded the new version and almost immediately encountered the screen shift issue again as shown.

Mike
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #32
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Pook, well, right you are . The little bugger. Back on the hit list you go ...

Workaround: I do notice that simply hitting the keyboard left-arrow moves the Entries screen back to its left-most side whenever this happens.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #33
The Pook
Grade 1

Oops another bug report. Sometimes there is difficulty selecting more than one pace line for an entry. After selecting a 2nd pace line when you move the cursor away it un-selects. You have to do it a few times for it to stick. (The weird part is not always)

Today I got this error message three times in a row when after getting my multiple selections to stick, I attempted to go back to the Analysis screen. It then crashed. Hopefully this system error means something to you.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #34
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Oops another bug report. Sometimes there is difficulty selecting more than one pace line for an entry. After selecting a 2nd pace line when you move the cursor away it un-selects. You have to do it a few times for it to stick. (The weird part is not always)

Today I got this error message three times in a row when after getting my multiple selections to stick, I attempted to go back to the Analysis screen. It then crashed. Hopefully this system error means something to you.

Pook
Thanks Mike, let me look into that one! (And, thanks for your on-the-job reports! Making our software better.)

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-31-2017, 05:33 PM   #35
The Pook
Grade 1

New error for me when trying to select a projected pace. This happened so often today along with the error screen already reported above that I have had to abandon this version and go back to the version from years ago for stability. It has a couple of quirks like screen shift but doesn't crash (at least not nearly as often). I will wait until you officially release the new hopefully bug free one.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #36
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Wow, that's weird! I'll take a look Mike.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #37
Jeebs
Grade 1

New bug

When going through the following tabs in a horse's PPs (Adjusted, Velocity POH, Velocity POR, Energy, PMTR, Primary and Trip), the "zoom" setting (font size) is much smaller (and for someone who wears glasses, hard to see! ).

My screen resolution is 1980x1080 and my default RDSS "zoom" is 120%, which has always worked for all screens - PPs and Analysis. I have changed this setting up and down to see if it "cures" the issue, but to no avail. The font size for those aforementioned tabs remains the same.

My config settings:
Name:  settings.png
Views: 1068
Size:  26.5 KB

Regular PPs at 120%:
Name:  PP1.png
Views: 1064
Size:  206.3 KB

The "bug":
Name:  PP2.png
Views: 1017
Size:  194.3 KB
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #38
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tim,

Although my own eyes are not what they once were, I am struggling to see the difference between your 2 screenshots - though I accept that YOU see a difference!

I cut and pasted sections side by side of what you labeled 'regular' and 'the bug' versions of the same horse, same readout. At least from what you posted - they are identical size.

Name:  jeebs.bug.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  221.3 KB

So your example doesn't illustrate (at least to my eyes ...). I myself have not observed any difference in text size from previous versions, when set to the same settings as you, same 1920 x 1080 screen res and that code has not changed in years.

Are these before and after installing the current version on the same computer, or did you preserve the previous version and are running it simultaneous to the new version?

At the moment, I don't know what I would fix: I cannot see any problem. Can you develop and explain this observation further?

Also - it is odd that you say changing the Zoom setting has NO effect on text size. If you switch to another race (or restart), you should see the font size change. Are you saying NOTHING you can do has an effect on Font Size?

I do suspect something peculiar to your particular computer. A useful test would be to install the previous version you have from one of your downloaded Install files. Preserve the new 2.1.048 by simply renaming the RDSS2.1 folder to, say, RDSS2.1.048. Then reinstall a previous version (say 2.1.045 or whatever). Open each and compare screens side by side. That process should give useful info.

Ted

(Also - if you can keep your screenshots to 1000 pixels wide max, it will keep the browser screen from blowing up with too large an image).

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-09-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #39
Jeebs
Grade 1

In window panes 1 and 2, click on either the Adjusted, Velocity POH, Velocity POR, Energy, PMTR, Primary or Trip tabs. This is where the difference in font size shows for me.

I downloaded and selected Update rather than a clean copy.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #40
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, got it, and I see it - thanks! On the list for sure, pronto.

Name:  Font.size bug.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  235.4 KB

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-09-2018 at 12:02 PM.