Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
wagercapper
Winner

The Clubhouse is open!

Happy New Year to all. I know this won't mean a heck of a lot to anyone outside the Albany area and/or upstate NY, but today was the grand opening of our new state-of-the art racebook facility. Complete with a separate sports bar and Vegas-like rows of desks with HD TVs, they have huge TVs as well and also great food. Very comfortable chairs (although a bit heavy with no wheels and difficult to adjust). A real pleasure to spend a day of racing. Ample betting machines with tellers as well. The only negative bit is the fact that they could easily get into the Guiness Book of world records due to the fact that beyond any shadow of a doubt, they managed to find the world's thinnest toilet paper!
I guess you can't have everything, but it's truly a great place to wager & watch races & other sports. If you're in the area, stop by.
-wagercapper
Attached Images

wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Paul,

Remind me to check it out next August!

Which one is you ?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

wager

Looks like a real nice place

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
wagercapper
Winner

By the way, for anyone who has been to the Albany teletheater, this new facility replaces that venue and is on the same property, further back from the road (Central Ave).
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
For The Lead
Grade 1

For those who take a laptop with them, is there an electrical outlet at each cubical?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
wagercapper
Winner

Why Soitenly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
For those who take a laptop with them, is there an electrical outlet at each cubical?
Under each cubicle there is a 4-socket outlet. One is occupied by the monitor, one by the lamp. The other 2 are free to use. Also, I forgot to mention that unlike the old teletheater, there is NO cover charge (admission) and they pay full track odds. I could not get a straight answer from them as to whether that was just for the holidays or not, but I believe it will not change. There is a so-called VIP area which is not free. The yearly fee at the old teletheater for the private area was $500/year.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
wagercapper
Winner

I knew it was too good to be true - the free admission was just for the New Years holiday. But the $2 is worth it.
-w
Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
wagercapper
Winner

Yesterday I put on my NY Giants sweatshirt & headed off to the clubhouse to watch the game and bet GP & TP. (We have no heat in the house due to a busted furnace & the new one isn't here yet). Much to my pleasant surprise, anyone wearing Giants apparel was to be admitted for free! But as I was settling in to my little cubby hole, the manager came over and threw me out! It couldn't have been that I was making too much money - I hadn't made any bets yet. I did, however, bring my own lunch, thereby depriving the establishment of the opportunity to shrink my wallet to a nub of its current condition with their deliciously overpriced food & drink. So I ate my lunch in my van and everybody was happy. But I kept my water bottle in my pocket so they wouldn't see it.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hi W Capper...

I wouldn't give a red nickel to NYS!!!

Their goal is to get whatever is left in your pocket after you pay their taxes , fees, tolls, fines, and what ever else they dream up, to keep their useless jobs!!

It is unbelievable what they can do to you , I would have never think of moving from NY, but if my wife ever says that's shes thinking of going...my car is packed.

Give the ClubHouse a few months, then you'll see higher food prices, higher admission fees and less people working the windows....

And then it will close.....

P.S- with all the comforts of home and the internet...why even go there??

Mike
Old 01-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
mikesal57
Grade 1

Heres another example....

I live in a retirement community which 95% are over 60 and on fixed budgets....
6 months ago, in a bad housing economy for 3 years, they sent all of us a notice that our homes were accessed more than the last year!!!!......and were raising the taxes..
They did this fully knowing that NYS was raising the property taxes on Jan 1ST and that the public wasn't aware of it. They would have gotten us twice , but we petitioned the accessed raise and won...but nothing could have saved us on Jan 1st tax raise..

sorry about the rant

mike