Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 06-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
JoeLong
Grade 3

Energy - Everything Old is New Again

Hi,

Great website, had something like this been available during Energy's heyday I believe overall user success would have been much higher. Energy was the last program I purchased from Pirco and my stepping off point from the "methodology" which happened just before Pizolla & Schmidt defected.

Having lived through this period of time I can tell you that Energy (if I may borrow a term) was Pirco's fulcrum, Energy changed everything and unfortunately, not all for the best. Prior to Energy, members in the "methodology" were truly concentrated with the science of what The Doc called "Win Therapy" after Energy, Pirco's focus shifted to making money. In all honesty it just got too big, too fast and suffered from the growth.

Anyway, it is very exciting to be around such enthusiastic folks who are breathing life back into this methodology by reviving interest in one of the most advanced handicapping programs ever written. Energy in the hands of better handicappers like Mike Pizzola or Dick Schmidt was a Weapon of Mass Destruction to racing mutuels and it appears that RichieP & Houndog are in that same league.

I see that there are newer Sartin programs on other threads, but I have a hunch that still nothing gets live longshot pace horses like Energy and that is why this forum exists.

JoeLong.
JoeLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Hi Joe
while it looks good to see u mention me in that mix it's not real.

I am a novice who has learned so much about the software from Gary, Peter E and ESPECIALLY Houndog.

The "Dog" has really really gone out of his way to help away from the board and I gotta give him so much love on this man.

these are the REAL knowledgable ones. I just talk a lot! lol

This is a cool site Joe. Gotta agree with you there! look forward to more of your posts!

The MAIN cog in all this however is BINDER our host. Without him and his vision a few years back this joint does NOT exist ok? Thats keeping it real.

I sat with him one afternoon at the Meadowands and we had just partnered up and hit a big daily double at Philly I think. He came up with a huge winner and we hit big. I remember we went and got a couple of french vanilla coffees to celebrate and he started scrolling on a napkin stuff he wanted to do to keep Doc's method and teachings alive. He also wanted to provide an area where we could gather and even help one another. I remember this like it was yesterday. Bill scrolling ideas for this site on a Dunkin Donuts napkin. Joe I SWEAR this to be the truth.

Look how good he has done man! LOOK

Thanx Bill!

much respect
Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:15 AM   #3
admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
Binder....I sat with him one afternoon at the Meadowands and we had just partnered up and hit a big daily double at Philly I think. He came up with a huge winner and we hit big. I remember we went and got a couple of french vanilla coffees to celebrate and he started scrolling on a napkin stuff he wanted to do to keep Doc's method and teachings alive. He also wanted to provide an area where we could gather and even help one another. I remember this like it was yesterday. Bill scrolling ideas for this site on a Dunkin Donuts napkin. Joe I SWEAR this to be the truth.

Look how good he has done man! LOOK

Thanx Bill!

much respect
Richie
Rich yes of course I remember it
Do you remember the turf horse we hit late one night
on the Meadowlands weeds..
You and I were the only ones rooting for the horse I wandered off to
another screen and watch him make the move
I yelled over to you He's got ENERGY!!!!!!!

I never knew any of these programs existed
I don't know why I said it but it was funny you and I made a great profit
on that horse like 37/1

Its cool that I have the chance to do all this and I have found a way to feel good about working races again

I can talk to Doc You all are great friends

I feel it again thanks to Energy
and reading the old Follow Ups

Old is New
Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill has done wonders here and a BIG THANKS to him for making it possible.For me I was like a nomad trying to use these older programs because there was no direction on how to use them.Thanks to Gary and Houndog they have really stepped in and tried to help me in using Energy and Synergism I really appreciate the time they have taken to do so.Richie has really caught on fast as I knew he would and is a big help as well.Actually it was Socantra who first told me to stop using the newer programs and use the older ones.He felt my style of looking at the races was a better fit and he was right.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
JoeLong
Grade 3

Bill,

In regards to FU's I see that on the other portion of the site there is listed 1 through 20 and then it skips up to #69, if I remember correctly the next 20 or so FU's is where Energy is discussed in length, any chance these will once again become available on-line? Is it just a matter of scanning them in or are they missing from your library?

Another question for anyone, is there any value in learning and using the newer programs Vs. mastering (re-mastering) Energy? I have some other questions/information regarding the Variegate but I will save that for another thread.

This is kinda like finding the lost tribe of Israel, the non-linear aspects of Energy make it a worthy candidate for a mastermind group where ideas and practical usage can be explored and shared. I believe there are still unanswered questions regarding its optimal use to be discovered and I would like to work with other dedicated folks in this area if possible.

JoeLong.
JoeLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #6
Houndog
Grade 1

Welcome JoeLong

Joe thanks for the kind words. I can assure you for myself it has not always been this way when using Energy. When I first started using Energy the readout I used most often was the sort or the rankings screen. With the exception of the MUV number this is the least effective of all the screens in Energy. Also I had a tendency to put too many horses in the program and some questionable paceline selections. For a time I thought the program was the problem and I stopped using it until recently.

Thank’s to this BBS and Jeff’s questions (shoeless joe) about the older manual entry programs I decided to work with Energy again. This was after reading and re-reading the older follow-ups and making notes of all the articles concerning Energy. I was also fortunate enough to attend several seminars that Doc Sartin gave in different areas of the country from time to time. You got to see first hand how some of the teaching members were able to make this program work. I thought it was magic. The magic as I found out much later is their contender, paceline selection, and most important read-out interpretation. This program demands a lot from the user, but it offers great rewards in return as you have said. All the important aspects of Energy has been covered in the older issues of the Follow-Up. With the present knowledge we have on the importance of Total Energy some of the users (Richie P) as well as others have been able to just leave the true win contenders in the program. I have learned a lot from other people on this board on how to use Energy to it’s fullest potential. This is indeed a very powerful program and I believe other people will have good ideas on using this program.

Joe, welcome to Bill’s BBS and hope you post often.

Last edited by Houndog; 06-20-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Joe,

Follow Ups 19 - 36 are currently being scanned by Gary Levin, along with several other manuals and should be available shortly. I keep feeding him issues to scan as quickly as he can get to them, so with luck all the rest of the issues and various other publications should be available by the end of the summer.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:37 AM   #8
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Joe:

Follow Ups 1-36 are completed along with several manuals that Ted Craven has provided and a few that I had in my library. All available Follow Ups and manuals will be posted by the end of summer, if not sooner. If anyone has any materials that are not posted just contact myself or Ted and let us know of their availability. I will be happy to scan them and convert them to PDF files.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Joe:

I am a VERY long time user of Energy. Simply stated - THERE IS NO BETTER PROGRAM THAN ENERGY! When you use Aodds 98 Gold to conduct the matchup and then send the data to Energy II it is almost impossible to lose over the long period. The Hat made a truly fabulous program with Aodds 98 Gold.

I spent a considerable amount of money looking at many of the newer programs made by a large number of people. A large number of them are essentially data manipulators trying to look at past records to predict the future. While the programs have some validity, they are quite limited because they can never factor in everything needed to do a proper matchup analysis. I could never bcome a consistent winner with that type of program.

I think almost every other program is based one way or another on the work of Doc and The Hat. They add some bells and whistles. At the end of the day they are no better than the original, so why change?

I am looking very forward to see RDSS. I am hoping it will combine much of the benefits of Energy with an ease of use. My biggest problem today is switching from Aodds to Energy II and back. I have a state of the art notebook, but it still freezes from time to time when switching back and forth.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #10
shoeless
Grade 1

Gary,Thanks again to you,Ted and Bill for making it possible to see those old FU'S.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote