Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 05-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
froggy
Grade 1

Best ever

Ted,

This is by far the easiest and most powerful Sartin style program that I have ever used.

I love the Bl/BL sort and the money/connections screen

I don't how or if it can be done but it would be nice to see the Class/Apv screen displayed just below the Analysis screen so that you could see both at the same time and thus make your betting decision using without having to alternate from screen to screen.

You are making the good better.

Thanks,

Froggy
Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
froggy
Grade 1

Using the new update I've been going thru old races and I now see where I could have saved myself a lot of grief if I had only taken the time to always do the Apv,s and to do a + and 0 on each horse instead of just using the highest speed rating or total energy for their inclusion to be a contender
And I believe the class ratings are proving to be most powerful of the two numbers (APV/CLASS).

Thanks again,

Froggy

Last edited by froggy; 05-31-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Froggy, glad you like it!

I have some definite plans for the main Analysis screen as well as the current Entries screen, which I think will accomodate your vision. The main Analysis screen needs to morph into an Analysis/Decision screen, categorized by win, place and in-the-money, showing overall class related info, odds (when available), wager construction tools, as well as a summary of the most pertinent pace-line derived factors (e.g. BLBL, P1, E/L, V/DC, DECL/TPP, etc).

That will all take a while, but some of it should become apparent within the next month or so.

Ted

P.S.

Also, I had intended to show the APV and CR ranks and values in the horse header section (very top of PPs), so you can see the relative ranks as you analyse each horse, but I ran out of time for the May expiry.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
mufasa
Grade 1

I do not know about the best ever since this is my first time using it but it sure is a great program. I am thankful to have been given the opportunity to use and test it.

Hey Ted, I hope I am not becoming a pain in your you know what with all of these questions or usage exchanges!

I just downloaded the early Brisnet data file for Friday 6/8/07 at Belmont. I intend to take the day off and meet some friends there for a great day in the spacious back yard of Belmont betting on the card and knocking off some cold beers. It is great to be able to get an early read on the Friday Belmont card with the Brisnet early card access. The only thing that is missing is program numbers and MLO and that I insert once the final data file is ready come Thursday evening with a second download at no extra charge. Not bad for a dollar.

The real point of this post is to ask will the early card possibility be provided with your future new RDSS data file. I do not see now that Trackmaster gives much of a lead on their data files so I guess I am hoping for something special. I would figure they my consider entertaining the idea for you since the new RDSS data file will be somewhat more expensive. It is always nice to get a jump on handicapping task in whatever way possible.

Thanks,

Robert
Old 06-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Robert,

It sounds like a fun outing to Belmont, especially in the wake of Belmont Stakes day Saturday! One day I'll get to Belmont...

I doubt TrackMaster will do anything to change their current data file creation schedule, at least not any time soon.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 06-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
mufasa
Grade 1

Ted:

I really did not think that they would but no real problem there is still ample time to work the RDSS program.

If you ever decide to visit Belmont let me know we can meet up and bet a few races. Allot of people take advantage of the best kept secret or under utilized picnic area in NYC (“the back yard”). The friends that I will be meeting up with this Friday will be going to the Belmont Stakes Racing Day but I will take a pass. I love going to Belmont but not necessarily on this day. I have been there and done that but on this day there are just too many people for my blood lately. It is part I guess of the aging process or perhaps I have been spoiled with all of the great access capacity that the track offers on any other race day.

Robert