Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
Bill V.
The egg man

Dr Howard Sartin Ph.D.

The Sartin Methodology 1975, 1982, 1991, 2001, Today

"I love you and I want you to win"

Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #12
Bill V.
The egg man

Change a life

A lonely man sits at his table He has come to the race track to escape the sad hard world
that has ripped the heart and good feelings from his soul. He sits at his usual spot, says hello
to his buddys, Buys his coffee and racing form all in a over and over script.
Each day starts with a new dream , A dream of a life far away from all the wrongs that
have pulled him down . He lives to get out to the race track , Today I'm gonna try this
This works for this author
Today I'm going to win . This guy told me to do this system He goes over and over and leaves
sad . He wants so badly to do something else in life His head is full of negative feelings
Love for him is not in his spirit or faith Its in a trip to the track to win
Then its back to the now He fights through life
Ignoring life's commitments and responsibility . He looks for friends and family
to coddle him. This poor lost man. Life is slowly slipping away. All he can do is
awake each day in a new world were this or that will win him races. If I could just learn to win
then all will be well . Over and over he dreams . He goes to the track happy. Most of the time he goes home sad
He has not won or at best he has a few dollars to go to the food store or maybe the bookstore
to buy that new handicapping book maybe even a rent a movie. Life is spinning out of control
Friends and family stay with him for awhile But friends slowly change or at least to him they
do . They look different He true friends buy him coffee at the track and ask him
who do you like Till he wins a race or two then they start to change The man
soon is all alone amongst a crowd Sadly he walks to his car and wonders what will change

The vicious cycle will be broken by a manual in a used book store A book called The
Psychology of Winning By Doctor Howard Sartin
Some how it happens. Could this manual be written for the sad lonely man. Time will tell
he carries it with him and reads it over and over. Finally a life script with a positive energy
Who wrote this ? What is This Methodology ? Can this change a life ?

My name is Bill Varone
I was lost and I changed my life. Today I walk as a winner
Not because I can win races
A man made something to help people win

Dedicated to Doctor Howard Sartin Ph.D.

"I may sound harsh but thats cause I love you and I want you to win "
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
azbacks
Grade 1

Beautiful, Bill.

RIP Doc. I never met the man, but would have loved to have been around during his heyday.
azbacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #14
BladeRunner
Grade 3

I never met Doc and Jimmy the Hat but I learned a lot from both.

Howard will be missed dearly so I hope they are as happy in their new life as they were
in this one.

Raman
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
kiltman
Grade 1

RIP Doc

Will miss you Doc. Our little talks that we had every so often, when I called to check on you. Condolence to Mary, little Mary and Shane and all the other Sartin family members. Doc was one in a million.
Russell
kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
Neil S.
Grade 1

Howard Sartin was truly a visionary and revolutionary figure not only in the sport of horse racing but in the game of life. He opened up the psychological aspects of both gambling and dealing with adversity for us to understand and to develop strategies for, and he will be best remembered for this in my mind. He challenged us to always be striving and to always be looking to make ourselves better and more open to new ideas and ways of looking at things. To him he refused to offer that miracle "system" or simple solution that many of his competitors did. He provided us with guidelines and an overall philosophy, but he challenged each one of us to work and to develop and embrace the methodology and make it a part of us.
I am a far better person for knowing him and yes being "yelled at " by him for not focusing on my own short comings rather than looking at what worked for other people. I have embraced his psychological focus and it has become a part of me in dealing not only with the analysis of a race or a poker hand, but in dealing with people and situations in both my work and personal life.
The world is a far less colorful place without Howard and "The Hat". But rest assured that the people they have touched will carry their message and their teachings in their hearts and in their souls forever.
My deepest sympathies to the Sartin family and to those who knew Howard personally.
In honor of Howard's memory I suggest that each of us "tide" 10 percent of our winnings tomorrow to the charity of our choice. This is something Howard truly believed in. The sharing of our profits and our knowledge to help benefit others is the greatest tribute we can give him

Neil
Neil S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1

RIP Doctor Howard Sartin.

My condolences and deepest respects go out to the entire Sartin family. We share your grief and loss.

A "creative genius" and true original that only comes around once in a long while.

Yes, a very sad day, indeed, for his family and us, but a joyful one for Doc as he enters through the gates of eternity.

Rest in peace, Doc. But on second thought, I don't think Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw will yet ya, not with all those "dang" horse races that have to be handicapped in upcoming races at the great, big racetrack in the sky.

Jon
Old 02-01-2009, 02:39 AM   #18
clore1030
Grade 1

I never met the man, but we corresponded a few times back around the period when "Pace Makes the Race" was first published by O'Henry House.

He was gracious and encouraging, and there aren't too many like that I've known under any circumstances.

R.I.P. Doc, and thanks again for the kind words.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:48 AM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1

R.I.P. Howard

Rumor mill had you and Jimmy tearing them up at Santa Anita yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTQo3WS7rM
Old 02-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #20
RAMON201
Grade 1

My condolences to the Sartin family. R.I.P. Dr. Sartin. You will be missed !