Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 11-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #361
sprestridge
AlwNW1X

Missing a running line

11/20/20 Aqueduct 3 horse 2 is missing a running line, his maiden win 2 back at KD.
Attached Images

sprestridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #362
sprestridge
AlwNW1X

[QUOTE=sprestridge;130786]11/20/20 Aqueduct 3 horse 2 is missing a running line, his maiden win 2 back at KD.[/QUOTE

Pardon the typo, 11/29/20
sprestridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #363
winning
Grade 2

Del Mar Race # 7, there is a missing KD running line 2nd race back for Royal Prince.
winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:39 PM   #364
Ted Craven
Grade 1

[QUOTE=sprestridge;130789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprestridge View Post
11/20/20 Aqueduct 3 horse 2 is missing a running line, his maiden win 2 back at KD.[/QUOTE

Pardon the typo, 11/29/20

That race (Sept 15, Race 1) is mis-reported by TrackMaster as running 6.5f on the INNER Turf course (lowercase 't' in the image), while all the other 6.5 races for the day show as running on the ONLY Turf course there is at KD - THE (Main) Turf course (uppercase 'T').

Name:  KD.09.15.card.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  71.6 KB

RDSS does not have an entry in its Par Times table for 6.5f on an INNER Turf course (there are no such races), so it could not handle it.

I have reported this data error to TrackMaster for correction. Meanwhile, I have added an entry in the RDSS Par Times table for 6.5f INNER Turf (Surface code = 'I') with the exact same par times as for 6.5f MAIN Turf (Surface code = 'T') because that's what it actually is.

After the next update, that horse's PPs will look like this (regardless whether TrackMaster fixes the data):

Name:  AQU.11.29.2020#7.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  74.3 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #365
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winning View Post
Del Mar Race # 7, there is a missing KD running line 2nd race back for Royal Prince.
That horse's PPs are correct. It has only run 2 times and never at Kentucky Downs. Did you mean a different horse or race (perhaps the race reported above)?

Name:  dmr7.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  160.2 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #366
So Cal Al
So Cal Al

Send a message via AIM to So Cal Al
Ted: This is an issue that I have ignored for awhile, but it needs to be addressed so that others don't have a problem. Whenever there are scratches at DMR, the lines no longer line up correctly on TOTE for that race. . For example, if #7 got scratched the WPS info lines up under #8 and so forth. I failed to capture a recent readout ......not realizing that DMR just closed the meet.....so I cannot attach it now. Furthermore, I don't know if this issue applies to other tracks. Guess I should have acted sooner.
So Cal Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #367
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Al View Post
Ted: This is an issue that I have ignored for awhile, but it needs to be addressed so that others don't have a problem. Whenever there are scratches at DMR, the lines no longer line up correctly on TOTE for that race. . For example, if #7 got scratched the WPS info lines up under #8 and so forth. I failed to capture a recent readout ......not realizing that DMR just closed the meet.....so I cannot attach it now. Furthermore, I don't know if this issue applies to other tracks. Guess I should have acted sooner.
Al, this is on the list of To Do's reported in the RDSS2.2 Release Notes 'Known Bugs and Problems', Point #2

"Missing Early Scratched horses in Southern California (SA and DMR) confuse RDSS. For these tracks, Early Scratches are omitted from the Past Performances: e.g. #1, #2 ... #4 - omitting the #3 horse."

Not the coming update in December, but the very next one - is my time frame to fix this. Thanks for the reminder!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-02-2021, 07:58 PM   #368
gfnut
Grade 1

Hi Ted
I got this for the 9th at SA today. With the 5 and 8 having same races. 6&9 also.
Name:  SA9th.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  256.3 KB

Name:  SA-5.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  280.4 KB

Name:  SA#8.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  261.9 KB
gfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:40 PM   #369
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tom, this came up with another user 2 days ago, different track. Here's what we diagnosed - see if it applies to your situation.

Reason: with tote enabled (checkbox on Config) RDSS checks for tote data on the current race for today's card. When today's races are over - until the next day's tote data begins (say around 4am?) - the current day's race is the final race of the day.

When you work on a race card other than today (e.g. tomorrow) RDSS does not bother checking tote data. However, when you work tomorrow's race card after midnight, then it becomes today and then RDSS checks for tote data! After midnight and until fresh tote data arrives for the next day (or the tote data gets reset and no data is yet available) - since the current tote data available is still the final race of now yesterday (as of midnight), tomorrow's final race is then automatically assembled as usual (RDSS not knowing that current tote data does not apply to what is now tomorrow's final race).

The problem you (and the other person) see is when there are more runners in today's final race than in tomorrow's final race. SA Race 9 Jan 1 had 12 runners, while SA Race 9 Jan 2 had 9 runners. That's why you see 3 blank Entries and a screwy set of PPs. RDSS initializes tote (which affects the set of Entries, when tote is available) based on yesterday's final race, not on today's final race (after midnight).

This only happens for the final race, when one first assembles a race on a card with tote enabled after midnight.

If this also describes your situation, then the solutions are 2-fold:

Solutions:

1. Before opening tomorrow's race card, UNCHECK the tote setting on Config when working tomorrows race after midnight (and restart RDSS). Then the above problems do not occur. If you normally use tote data, remember to switch it back on tomorrow.

2. Don't work tomorrow's races after midnight (and before tote resets early in the morning, say 4am?)

If your situation is different than described, please let me know.

I might be able to perform an additional online data check for what DATE is current (i.e. today/tomorrow's date) to prevent RDSS from accessing tote during overnight hours when current tote data does not reflect the date you are working (i.e. tomorrow).

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-03-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #370
Ted Craven
Grade 1

From gfnut

Quote:
Thanks Ted
That is what happened. I will do as you suggested.

R
DSS -