Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
canterbury18
Maiden

Rdds factor

Am a newbie to the rdds software and am very curious it two or three factors or categories to concentrate on for true contenders
thx
canterbury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
mick
Abiding Student

There are many ways to identify contenders but Richard Mathie's approach is simple and effective.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11919

In the upper left-hand corner of this screen, you'll see a link named "Google Site Search." I would suggest that you become good friends with that link. Also, there's a link in my signature to an Illustrated Glossary that should be helpful in learning the many terms and factors that populate the RDSS screens.

Best wishes and good luck/skill.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
mick
Abiding Student

And here's a recent post from Lt. Tim that should also be helpful.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11958

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hello canterbury18,

Contender selection has evolved over the years. Such as the top 5 Morning Line, APV, Speed Rating plus Variant, TPR. Total Energy and several other factors within RDSS.

They all will produce results but which is the best? Why settle for something that provides 80% when another factor provides 84% etc.? That can best be revealed by a small exercise of recording the data of the factor for winning horses. Yes exercise is work however its not asking one to perform manual labor. We learn by doing. There is a huge gap between being book smart and demonstrated performance.

Your survey should not include 2 yr. old's and Maiden races because there isn't enough data there for a factor and they'll ruin the data collected. Some combine factors which I don't recommend because you end up averaging as the worst factor will tear down the best factor. Don't average this survey! A bonus of this exercise is that it will provide data on factors that will help separate contenders to get it down to your two horses for betting. Which factors within such as BLBL or CSR are the most powerful for not only contenders but those deciding factors that separate winners.

I'm one that frowns on those unwilling to work because I know they will not be successful and are a waste of my valuable time which could be devoted to doing races.
With that being said Sartin always provided a means for picking contenders and pace lines to get members out of the starting gate. I will continue that precedent by telling you I use some Bris products for my contenders. My choice is Profit or Prime Power.

I'm sure others will disagree however I'll know they haven't done the work. That's OK through as they feed the winner payoffs and make this merry go round turn. We need them out there.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 11-20-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #5
canterbury18
Maiden

Thanks appreicate you help and insight
canterbury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
tom
Grade 1

Keep a track model and you can always know what is working and where.
Do it in Excl and you can filter out types of races, surfaces, distances, tracks.
In a short time, you will start to have a good idea what is important.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote