Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 10-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

Meanwhile, while not being indelicate, to see what a horse has been able to do in its past 10 efforts - well, we have the glorious details in the running lines. Older than that - can you rely on whether the info is still relevant, or reproducible today (e.g. once upon a time, won or placed in a race near today's distance at today's track, while not having done so recently or been entered by connections to do so recently ...)? Just asking.

Ted
We have talked about this before in person, but i would like all the horses pacelines over it’s career. For starters, knowing what the horses ceiling is, and it’s low points year by year can be very informative. Knowing if a horse is regressing as it ages, or if an injury has taken a step away from the horse can be useful. Knowing if a particular surface/distance was attempted and how the horse faired on said surface/distance can be very useful. There have been times when i have looked at the S/D and it shows 1 attempt similar to today’s race, but it doesn’t tell me what actually happened in said race. It might not be very useful when looking at recency, and the last ten lines are probably all you need, but there have been times i wish i had the running lines from that particular race. As well, some horses run more than ten times a year, and having all the pacelines is important to me when looking at form cycles.

Not that i plan on moving over to the dark side, but TimeFormUS offers all the horses pacelines over it’s career, and seeing that it’s one of your competitors....... i don’t have to explain the rest. I know you have a lot on your plate and you get a million requests, but one thing i really like about TFUS is the fact that they offer a breeding rating for each horse, and this is paramount for me when dealing with FTS, and seeing that i play Woodbine, i have to deal with a ton of firsters. Food for thought.....
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Gil,

Getting all of a horse's PPs is probably fairly doable (in terms of a request from TrackMaster). I need to gang up all the requests to change/add to the existing data file into a SINGLE request to them for 2015. It is possible that some of the requests for new data points (trainer/jockey stats, breeding ratings, etc) may cost more per card - but I don't know and have not talked to them about it.

I will start a thread shortly to solicit RDSS users' ideas of additional data items in the TrackMaster data file, and post a link here.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
Hoof 11
Grade 1

I gave it some thought, and it might be a little much to include the lifetime running lines of a horse as far as the size of the data file. Maybe a consensus from the RDSS users might be in order, some people might not want huge files stored in their database, i don't know.

I think the last two years would be good enough for me, but it would be kind of cool to have the history of a horse on file.

Maybe a poll is in order on this subject.

I don't mind paying more for the cards, it would save me a ton of time digging threw Statsmaster and Equibase for the trainer/breeding stats and whatever.

A thread on the topic is a good idea.

p.s. Why is it we can never get the call times on Euro horses? After looking at Sundays Woodbine card, i am left shaking my head in frustration.
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote