Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 05-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #51
Mark
Grade 1

Stradivari

I don't see that. In his allowance win at 9f he ran off by 13 lengths and had a big lead the latter part of the race. His fps velocity rating was in excess of 53. That was after a 47 - 1:11 and change early portion of the race. He did that on his own, no pressure whatsoever. If he gets a similar trip and although I have no idea who will be entered in the Belmont, so far what we have seen of the 3 yo crop, he will run away and hide.
I don't know what impact the Preakness had on him, healthwise or psychologically, but 3yo's as a rule are pretty resilient so I will assume the positive: I think it was a learning experience for both him and his connections. The fact that Pletcher has him, he was probably an expensive purchase or homebred, so I am sure he is bred to run classic distances. He has received the best care and conditioning available by a very knowledgeable horseman. He is also relatively fresh.
5/1 would be gravy!!
We will see how he works in the next week to 10 days.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote