Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 12-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
Bill V.
The egg man

Line

Thanks Bill L

Yes I see what you mean
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
Appy
Grade 1

My man BL, do you think it fair to say Dolls last line did not beat out 4 of 5 lines posted by Flat? Her best lines compare favorably to Flat's last line, don't they? Isn't that the same reasoning?

Bill V, I monkeyed with Flat's lines and got wildly fluctuating result. Same with Zano. Because of that those were the two horses that ruined the race for me to play.
It would have been a different tale to tell had I utilized FTL's handicap tool.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #33
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Hey guys ..I'd like to make a comment on something I do with pace line selection....on Flat Out I used line #4 from Belmont...why you say ..you can't use Lines 1 and 2 because they were both 10f..we are supposed to choose pace lines within 1/8 of a mile of todays distance...line 3 was a 2 turn race and I won't use 2 turn pace lines in a one turn race because (in my opinion) no computer program in the world can make the proper adjustments from 2 turns to one turn...yea and I have to pass a lot of races because of that very reason...so for me line #4 BEL a one turn 9f going to an 8f one turn was the proper line to use...also I never bet 2 turn miles because the pace line selection usually involves having to use a one turn line...just won't do it for me...
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
Seven Furlongs
Grade 1

I had Flat Out as a contender largely on the fact that he appeared to have the best closing ability in the field and the horse was 2-1-1 in 5 attempts at a Mile. Granted that record is muddied a little because I don't know if those attempts were all at 1 turn miles, but still, a 40% record at the distance shows a measure of some competence.
Seven Furlongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #35
atkinsrr
Grade 1

hey seven furlongs..one of Flat Outs mile races was a 2 turn @ MTH in July of 2012
He was $1.40 fav and ran second to Rule
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #36
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
My man BL, do you think it fair to say Dolls last line did not beat out 4 of 5 lines posted by Flat? Her best lines compare favorably to Flat's last line, don't they? Isn't that the same reasoning?

Bill V, I monkeyed with Flat's lines and got wildly fluctuating result. Same with Zano. Because of that those were the two horses that ruined the race for me to play.
It would have been a different tale to tell had I utilized FTL's handicap tool.
In a word, No, because Flats last is at 10f and I would not use that distance of a race in a one turn event. Maybe Groupie Dolls last is visually better than most of the seven furlong races of the others, but after adjustments - see where it lands; not good enuf in BL or the Segments screens or the E/L rankings.
Attached Images

Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #37
Segwin
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
Attachment 36274

Tread lightly. I can't pick my nose recently...
Your pickin seems fine DM.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #38
dirty moose
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segwin View Post
Your pickin seems fine DM.

Thanks Terry. Maybe it's been more along the line of bad decision making. I lack self control when it come to betting. Working hardest on that.
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote