Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2012
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2012 Meet us at the Spa for 3 days of Great Racing and Learning!

Old 03-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

** Update: Saratoga 2012 Plans

Hello Everyone,

This is just to kick off the official notice of the annual Pace and Cap Sartin Methodology Weekend at Saratoga Racetrack. This year we'll meet from Friday August 17th through Sunday August 19th. As usual, Saturday is the Alabama Stakes day and we've had a pretty good track record on that race over the past 4 years! Members from PaceAdvantage.com will also be gathering these same days and during the week preceding.

We have a bunch of tables reserved for us on each day and can comfortably accommodate 20-25 people in our usual gathering spot in the big white Festival Tent, just s short walk to the right of the main entrance way. As usual, we'll have power supplies for computers and possibly portable wireless hotspots, though I hear Saratoga may have plans for track-wide wireless (I will not depend on that though).

On both Friday and Saturday evenings, we have reserved conference facilities in downtown Saratoga for a Sartin Seminar, handicapping workshop, meet and greet and hopefully a few 'guest speakers'. Again this year, the meeting facilities are courtesy of our good friends at Players Reps NHPlay.com (though different facilities from last year). Stay tuned for more info on this!

If you've never been before, now is the year to join in the festivities and learning opportunities, and to meet some of the folks you know and love from online. Take a few moments to browse through the posts and pictures from previous years. If you're making your August vacation plans - circle that weekend on your schedule and see you all again at the Spa!

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
lsosa54
Grade 1

Hotel resrvations are made - I should be getting into town around noon on Thursday the 16th and staying through Sunday again. I'll be staying downtown within walking distance of the track this time around. Save me a seat.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
gandalf380
Grade 1

NYRA did announce this week that Saratoga will have facility wide wi-fi but I do not know if that will include the backyard. In addition, Saratoga will have a day of steeplechasing on September 15 with the infield being opened for the first time in many years.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
wagercapper
Winner

Looking forward to it. If only we could bribe the weatherman...
wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Any Hotel Suggestions

Team,

This will be my first year attending. Can someone suggest a hotel?

Thanks in advance.

JD
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagine View Post
Team,

This will be my first year attending. Can someone suggest a hotel?

Thanks in advance.

JD
Not within walking distance but acceptable motel style room. I made my reservation late last year. $169 a night at the time. When I was a kid, this would have been a $20-25 a night motel room. Nice folks. 10-15 min. cab ride to track.

Top Hill Motel
3290 Route-9, S. Broadway,
Saratoga Springs, NY-12866
518-584-5232 or 800-852-9759

Where I'm staying this year. Walking distance and in a nice area of downtown. I expect room to be nicer. Don't know if they have any availability left. $209 Thursday, $219 Fri-Sat

Saratoga Downtowner
413 Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Phone: (518) 584-6160 Fax: (518) 584-2907

Ted can also give you a place or two.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hi..

Anybody interested , I can get friends and family discount at this hotel
its in Albany, 30 minutes from Track....

Mike

P.S.- Act quick!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

I am seriously thinking I may not go to Saratoga this year, even thou I have a place picked out ( deposit paid ) and job set up, and the best job I ever had at that. Might be depression setting in, and I feel that maybe I do not belong there, you ever get that way ??

Last year was for me very enjoyable, access to everything Saratoga, meeting all kinds of people, trainers and owners, jockeys, and not to mention all the Backstretch workers, the backbone of the track, a truly humbling experience to say the least. And yet the most fun job I ever had in my life, even better than the Quality Control guy at the Chicken Ranch.

I want to go back and see them all, yet it seems that a few of the people I really wanted to go there with will not be there this year, and some others are unsure of there travels, which leaves me alone in the Spa, while it is still a great place, but without others to enjoy it with , I am not sure of my desire to have fun will be there this year.

Last year meeting Richie and Bill, while it was great seeing them, as well as Ted and Barb, and Charlie, and a few others who I did not really talk to, it was better than year 1 in Saratoga, and I can say I have lived "The Spa Experience ", the ambiance of summer time in the Adirondacks , and it was spectacular, yet it is not really me, yet working on the BackStretch was me, here I met people that were friendly and dedicated to what they did there love of the horse is way beyond anything I may obtain, the pride they take in the job they do, while being content to live the way they do, not unlike how I have lived when I lived out of my truck. Might be why I got along so well with them all, yet this year, I am still deciding to go, as stated, some workers and some friends will not make it this year, and it will be a lonely place without them there.

I do hope all that come enjoy yourselves, it really is something else, 25-35 thousand people a day every day, amazing the turn out each day, what a family experience , and that may be why I am reluctant this year to go, no family or friends to get in trouble with or mix it up with, concerts, golfing, and so much other stuff, but not alone, not this year... but then again

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

It's official, I am not returning to Saratoga this year, My buddy Spence can not make it, with good reason, and without a friend such as he I choose not to work there this year.

I will be sad this summer, but reality is I do not need to try to fit in there, while last year was very enjoyable, and my job was the best ever, I can now say I was there and move on, next track and area I wish to move to would be Gulfstream, if possible, and I will try with my all to make it so, at least for 1 full racing season.

Otherwise I am moving into Chicago or Hot Springs , Ark, and hopefully find a mentor during the season, and keep moving on, trying to enjoy as much as I can before , yeah, that day...

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #10
gandalf380
Grade 1

I for one am disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing you again this summer.