Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 12-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS - Testimonials

As 2015 draws to a close, I feel like I am 'rounding the far turn' in my process of delivering another update to RDSS2 (V2.1). And so I have begun to promote the software a bit more and will do so even more in the new year, along with giving plenty of previews, as I work towards a late Q2 2016 delivery to broad Beta testing, followed by a general release. Followed by more work throughout the coming year

I wanted to set up a 'Testimonials' page where people who are either new users or experienced hands can say a few words about their positive experiences with RDSS, which will (hopefully) constitute some good, unsolicited, user feedback on how they like the tools.

I have received a few Private Messages and emails which I will post below in anonymous format. If anyone wishes to add their experience, including constructive criticism (though please only post if you are saying something overall positive) - feel free to respond below. If you have problems, or encounter bugs or generally do NOT like the software (or don't like me) - well, please do feel free to post that ELSEWHERE on PaceandCap, no worries!

If you would like to make an anonymous post, just email or PM me.

Thanks everyone!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-31-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
I am a new user of RDSS and I simply want to say thank you for the program. I am winning consistently using this program and the mutuels have been pretty good. I have found that the program has consistently had the winner in the top three since I started following what I have been reading in the follow ups. The program finds the winners and I am learning how to wager on them, today I wagered on a 5/2 horse and a 4/1 horse to win and backed it up with a 45/1 horse to show. My 5/2 horse won and my show horse paid me a good 17.00. Without your program and the follow ups I would have never bet the 45/1 for show. Thank You

R
DSS -
Old 12-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Hi Ted,

I sent in a pay pal for the $100 tonight. I have mentioned in a previous email that I am a novice handicapper to say the least. However, I have found that to almost be an advantage in that there is nothing to un-learn. Your software program took me a few days to actually learn how to use it, and I am still learning what all the relationships are between the numbers. But my paceline selection has been quite good thanks to the postings by Bill and other members of the forum which has made deciphering what happened (win or lose) after the race that much easier.

The one issue I am having is that I make poor money management decisions but I am only putting down $2 bets and finding what works for me, so it's not exactly like it hurts the pocketbook. But I still take the hit after a series of losses. Not putting down any money and making selections then watching live or the replay and checking results isn't the same learning experience for me. I envy those that can learn without losing actual money first. The Follow Up articles are helping with this but it's a process and 1000 pages of a PDF can't be absorbed in a few days.

Thank you for making such a good software program and I look forward to keep on learning. BTW, I founded a software company for teachers and students and being that my users are sometimes 9 years old, or more importantly that some teachers have the technology proficiency of a 9 year old the UX ['User eXperience']in my product is 2nd only to the software being able to do what is supposed to do. At first, I found RDSS to be a bit challenging but after almost a week I love that it takes some skill to use. I don't want anyone getting on and doing what I am doing, let them work for it

To wrap this up I hit 1/2 Doubles today playing $1 for a decent profit and 2/3 Pick 3's with a max of 4 horses in the Double and 6 horses in the Pick 3. I was only betting $1 each but nobody can become proficient overnight.

Thanks again,

PS. I was reading the posting by the user who was a developer that decided against using RDSS because he wanted more of a black box. That guy should realize if there were ever a black box in handicapping in any sport or game with odds that was commercially available it would drive down the odds so much that it would be almost a pointless endeavor.

R
DSS -
Old 12-12-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

I have been an RDSS user since it was first released.

While my time devoted to racing and wagering has varied greatly over the years my software of choice when usng both Matchup techniques and traditional Doc Sartin Methodology guidelines is RDSS. The interface is elegantly laid out, is very user friendly and the use of various "colors" on the screens helps to really focus in on various horses highly rated by those screens. You can project paces, see tandem finishes, get APV ratings, Class ratings, TPR ratings, Energy distribution percentages, Trackmaster Race Class and Speed ratings etc etc all by touching buttons and seeing various screens. It is very user defined enabling various settings for track variants, track to track adjustments etc. There is also a tote board showing current odds and all the rest including who is taking the "hidden money" with the "Xray" screen.

Most important in all this is the developer of all this - Ted Craven. I have known Ted for almost 15 years, have met him on several occasions. He is a an absolute gentleman, heck of a nice guy, goes the extra mile and then some to help with any and all problems with his "baby" RDSS. I cant say enough good things about him and am lucky to call him a friend. Anyone who knows him feels his positive energy and zest and love of life!

Regards,
Richard Pizzicara
Old 12-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Ted RDSS

I also have been a RDSS user snice the beginning.
I prefer to use - work with the classic programs
of the methodology . Thanks to Ted and his wonderful
heart and love to help all users, I am able to download from RDSS ,then send RAC or Val/spec files right to the classics.
I also can flip back to RDSD for all the modern help
tools lIke the tote exray . Best of all I get a notation about
the race conditions of each paceline.
The paceline selection tools in RDSS are excellent.
100 percent thumps up to Ted and RDSS.

Bill Varone
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
The Pook
Grade 1

I have been using RDSS almost daily for two years. I have been learning and practicing the Matchup for about one year.

For all the reasons listed above by RichieP I too am a dedicated RDSS user. The tools you need for Matching and other Sartin stuff are there and they are graphically presented in an easy to use format. RDSS enables me to work fast to find fast horses!

Ted is a great guy to deal with if you have questions about his software. He gets back promptly with thorough in depth answers. There are a couple of small things I have suggested to him over the past while regarding layout (eg. an option to hide ML odds) that he is kindly considering for the next update.

I have met him a couple of times at the track and he is a great guy to hangout with for an afternoon betting horses. He knows a lot about trying to predict the future two minutes at a time.

You can't go wrong choosing RDSS as your racing software.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:28 AM   #7
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

RDSS Review

As far as the software is concerned I can't recommend it highly enough.
Easy to download & easy to use. I won't patronise any readers of this by going further. An individual review by anyone ought to make the above points obvious.

What I'd really like to recommend here is Ted himself.
He is completely ethical in his business practices. After I initially joined this site I was never solicited to buy RDSS, it was there for me to buy if I chose to.
He has given me one to one time via skype to go over using the software and always answers emails promptly.

Further to this, Ted is quite happy to listen to others opinions on the software. It is definitely a two way relationship, not just a supplier selling something never to be heard from again.

I intend to always use RDSS.

I'm sure I wasn't the only RDSS user to find the 50/1 shot at Parx a little while back. "Bombs Away!!!!!!!" went the call from Keith Jones, & a great bomb it was too!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #8
Mark
Grade 1

It only has been recently that I have begun really to appreciate the thoughtfulness with which Ted designed RDSS2. Initially, I thought it was just a bunch of screens packaged together in sort of a helter skelter fashion. However, as you handicap a race, questions arise about each horse that you need answers to, in order to arrive at an opinion about him. Most of the adjusted screens help you reach a decision. When I finally figured this out I emailed Ted and thanked him for all the patient work he has done to create such an insightful program.
I have been an admirer of Jim Bradshaw going back probably 20 years. But for the life of me I could not interpret or implement his methods. I studied the old Sartin Red Match Up manual, attended a number of seminars but it wasn't until I found the Pace and Cap website that I found the Hat Check Blog and Richie P. For the last 2 years this has been my bible and although I still consider myself a Beginning Matcher, the qualities of RDSS2 have allowed me to implement much of what I now understand about the Match Up. Stacking pacelines by Running Style is easily accomplished with RDSS2. So I am thankful to Ted, Richie P. and of course, Jim Bradshaw for making handicapping such a worthwhile and enjoyable hobby.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #9
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
Rdss....numero uno! Ted!

Ignacio
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #10
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post

What I'd really like to recommend here is Ted himself.
He is completely ethical in his business practices.
I agree with the above statement 100%. It is a very important and can be an overlooked part of the equation.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 12-14-2015 at 09:23 PM.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote