Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2023 Bill Varone Memorial Cup Contest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2023 Bill Varone Memorial Cup Contest Our annual Contest honouring our website founder and late friend. May 6,7,20,21

Old 05-21-2023, 11:26 AM   #1
Mitch44
Grade 1

Monmouth contest problems.

While working today's races, I found several issues with the program everyone should be aware of. Such as:

1st race, has a 7-horse field but the 7 is not in the program, according to Equibase it did not scratch and is a first time Gelding.

3rd race on dirt, # 6 in Bris shows 10 dirt races, while the program shows six races and all on turf and all weather.

4th race # 7 appears on the program entry screen for the race no PP's in the program for the horse.

7th race, # 1 horse shows as a FTS in Bris however in the program shows 3 races.

This game is tough enough as is but pretty near impossible without the correct data for PP's. Between that and gutted short fields and 5 0f 10 races being Maidens really an unplayable card. However, I wish everyone the best today in your selections.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:43 AM   #2
The Pook
Grade 1

RDSS shows none of the above issues.

Yes lots of maiden races and scratched out short fields. Monmouth wouldn’t have been my choice for today and wasn’t but it was voted on for sentimental reasons. Too late now. It is what it is and everybody will have to try their best.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:53 AM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

I agree with you both and I voted for Monmouth , probably a bad choice

But I knew Bill loved going there with his parents so thought was right thing to do

Also quite a few people didn't vote if they had things may have been different

Last edited by shoeless; 05-21-2023 at 11:59 AM.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:53 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
RDSS shows none of the above issues.

Yes lots of maiden races and scratched out short fields. Monmouth wouldn’t have been my choice for today and wasn’t but it was voted on for sentimental reasons. Too late now. It is what it is and everybody will have to try their best.

Pook
Mitch, I concur with Pook - RDSS screens and data all appear correct and agreeing with BRIS, not as you describe. Clearly there was some problem converting your MTH data, and sorry that happened. Still, no one should encounter the problems you describe.

Please email or call me tomorrow and I will work with you to understand what went wrong and put any fixes in place to prevent that again, if I can. If you wish.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:29 AM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

I have a Dr appointment this AM but available this afternoon Ted. We can hook and I'll show you the problems as stated above. I'll call you.

My soul intent was to warn others who may have been playing or following along. As far as the ugly card we all had to deal with the same issues, type races etc. therefore a level playing field. The selected track was never posted, and ties were to be broken by Pook who never did break the tie. No one should have had two votes.

Mitch44
Old 05-22-2023, 08:43 AM   #6
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
I have a Dr appointment this AM but available this afternoon Ted. We can hook and I'll show you the problems as stated above. I'll call you.

My soul intent was to warn others who may have been playing or following along. As far as the ugly card we all had to deal with the same issues, type races etc. therefore a level playing field. The selected track was never posted, and ties were to be broken by Pook who never did break the tie. No one should have had two votes.

Mitch44
What??? Come on Mitch there was no tie. Just read the “Last day of contest” thread. It was overwhelmingly Monmouth. And nobody had two votes. Most contestants didn’t vote. It might have been different if they had. The winning track was posted as the day 4 thread at 9PM Saturday night.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:28 AM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

This is what!! I clearly understood Checkmark to vote for Belmont, thus creating a tie. We were to pick one track, not all these if this and if that scenario situations. Which are open to different opinions and interpretations. "Overwhelmingly Monmouth," hardly.

It really is a moot point at this time; therefore, I'm moving on.

Mitch44
Old 05-22-2023, 12:45 PM   #8
shoeless
Grade 1

Personally I would vote for Belmont as Sunday's card looks ok with a mix of Dirt and Turf racing along with actual good sized fields too

But since this is a contest to honour our great friend Bill Monmouth Park might be the one to go with

This is what Checkmark said I dont think it sounded like a vote for Belmont

Anyway no sense disagreeing with it now

You can blame me for bringing up it was Bill's favorite place to go
with his parents
Old 05-22-2023, 12:54 PM   #9
Mitch44
Grade 1

Shoe look up the definition of the word "might."

Stirring again Jeff? Let's move on.

Mitch44
Old 05-22-2023, 01:09 PM   #10
shoeless
Grade 1

Nope not stirring again like I said my fault for bringing up Monmouth in the first place.