Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-22-2022, 07:32 PM   #91
stormbringer
Grade 1

Red face rmath 4 method

Hello all i have a question i am trying to do Oaklawn races for tomarrow when does the brispp and pl numbers post to the rdss 2.2 i think. Rmath you are the man!!!!!! Sorry if the others get mad at you for telling you showen the way it is up to the person to learn and us it!! sorry if i pissed people off but that guy AND TED did a great job on it ! thank you both when we meet (if you drink its on me.) please for give the miss spelling this my 1st post back in along time
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:48 PM   #92
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Hello all i have a question i am trying to do Oaklawn races for tomarrow when does the brispp and pl numbers post to the rdss 2.2 i think. Rmath you are the man!!!!!! Sorry if the others get mad at you for telling you showen the way it is up to the person to learn and us it!! sorry if i pissed people off but that guy AND TED did a great job on it ! thank you both when we meet (if you drink its on me.) please for give the miss spelling this my 1st post back in along time

Hi KC - the TwinSpires ratings seem to be available for the current day starting around 6-7am Eastern Time.

However - be cautious about trying to assemble races early overnight for the next day - for example between midnight - 3/4am. If you have the Tote and TS Ratings/Scratches boxes checked on the Configure Screen, the Tote and TS Ratings figs RDSS fetches will be for the PREVIOUS day (if the track was running), not the UPCOMING day - and as a result all your readouts will be screwed up.

If you must handicap next days races overnight (e.g. before 6/7am) - first UNCHECK the Tote and TS Ratings/Scratches boxes on the Configure screen, restart RDSS, THEN do you handicapping for the next day. This way, RDSS will not try to fetch TS Ratings and Tote data for the wrong day. In the morning, simply turn those settings back on, update your TS Ratings and proceed with your handicapping.

Good luck with Rich Mathie's 4-Factor Method and with everything else in the Sartin Methodology. One day I'll take you up on your offer at Oaklawn! Sadly, Rich has passed on but is with us in spirit. We can raise a toast to him

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:08 PM   #93
stormbringer
Grade 1

ts ratings

i have had that on till now that explains the rebel stakes .
look out LAD i am coming for you in 2 weeks

question: D. Wayne filly that ran in Arkansas derby Secret Oath would you go the oaks, or THE DERBY watch the race again she was pinched BAD at the start and closed Big??? me i don't know??!! wonder what the big boys say.

Thanks Ted and all.
may your winners be by daylight
K.C.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:44 PM   #94
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Rmath Question

In the attached race:

1. Can a horse with 3-factors rank ahead of a 4-factor horse?

I have a rank of 2-3-1-6

Thoughts?

Jon
Happy Punting
Attached Images

Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:51 PM   #95
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here is a follow up discussion on the '4 Factor Method', by Tim G (Lt1):
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14825

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #96
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagine View Post
In the attached race:

1. Can a horse with 3-factors rank ahead of a 4-factor horse?

I have a rank of 2-3-1-6

Thoughts?

Jon
Happy Punting
I would rank this 2-3-5-6 thought he order of those last 2 could be subject to judgement. Though the #6 has a CSR rank 2 and the #5 has no rank 2s, you could also argue that the #5 has better Supplementary factors, including those related to the PoR it ran against. I would rank the #1 last given only 3 factors, though it has great Supplementary ranks.

I welcome any other 'Master/Jedi' interpretations

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-23-2022, 06:50 PM   #97
Lt1
Grade 1

First off lets not get confused between whether a horse with only 3 numbers can tier ahead of a horse with 4 numbers and whether or not it can beat a horse with 4 numbers. The generic answer is yes to both. Jon your own screen shot shows the 1 tiered ahead of 2 horses with 4 numbers. It can and does happen daily. Now the question becomes can it win the race. According to my latest survey[the link above] a horse with 3 numbers won 9 of 100[9%]. Richie had well over a 1000 races to base his decisions on. I would suggest that each of you do your own surveys to see what % of races are won by horses with all 4 #s based on your capping. Depending on the work of another can be useful[as a guideline] but you need to have your own records to depend on in order to wager with confidence. And don't forget other capping factors such as dist and surface,class etc must be also taken into consideration.
Tim

Last edited by Lt1; 05-23-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:23 PM   #98
Ted Craven
Grade 1

For the record: followup discussion on this 4 Factor Method is here:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14825

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-25-2023, 09:37 PM   #99
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

4 Factor Method - Woodbine Today

Folks,

A fabulous day at Woodbine today.
The 4 Factor Method is a start; I then sprinkle my own handicapping skills, and BOOM, it worked today.

Thank you to all.

Happy Punting, and don't forget to CASH!!

Jon
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:43 PM   #100
Lt1
Grade 1

Congrats Jon.
Tim