Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 05-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS Error Message - Data Centre

The following Data Centre Error Message during Convert is in the RDSS FAQ section (HERE) though some people do not think to look there for help when it occurs. Since about 75% of the tech support I do recently relates to this one problem, I am repeating it here for convenience, with an explanation following.

This means a problem with your TrackMaster account, not with the card file mentioned or with the Convert process. (Please read further, below).

Name:  RDSS_ErrorMessage05292015_4.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  33.1 KB Name:  RDSS_ErrorMessage05292015_5.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  42.2 KB

Since TrackMaster's website upgrade a few months ago, the error messages TrackMaster reports when something goes wrong while downloading data files (all TrackMaster products, not just RDSS) are now being incorrectly interpreted by the current RDSS version (which is about 2 years old). Thus, that version of RDSS cannot now give a correct message to help you solve the problem - instead it basically throws its hands up and says 'there's some kind of problem with a specific file, but I don't know what it is'. That's because RDSS couldn't figure out that the file is NOT a data file but rather an HTML error message file with useful info about the problem.

Here are the types of problems it could be - all solvable by the user:
1. Your TrackMaster User Name is incorrect (as specified in the RDSS Registration Tab)
2. Your TrackMaster Password is incorrect (ditto above)
3. You don't have ANY RDSS data plan (new users)
4. The type of RDSS data plan you selected in the Registration Tab (PP Only or Bundle) does not exist on your TrackMaster account.
5. The selected RDSS plan DOES exist but is set to INACTIVE
6. Your credit card has expired or changed, or was declined (often happens after the end of the month, or after resuming downloads after a break)
7. Some other (highly unusual) unavailability of the requested card file
The way to solve ANY and ALL of these problems - if you ever get the error message shown above, it to login to your TrackMaster account, using the friendly link on the RDSS Registration Tab (or HERE) and correct anything from points 3 - 6 above. Obviously, if your TrackMaster User Name/Password combo is incorrect you can't login to your account (and neither can RDSS). After you fix that (or call TrackMaster for help 1 800 321-3343), you're likely back in business.

If none of points 1 - 6 is the problem (i.e. maybe point #7), wait a few moments then try again, or call TrackMaster for assistance. Or email or PM me. BUT - please read the next paragraph.

Please Note: to re-download a data file after correcting any of the above issues, YOU MUST uncheck the Don't Duplicate box in the Task section which otherwise causes RDSS to skip over Tasks it thinks it has already done before. You must force RDSS to re-download a correct race card ZIP file (rather than a misnamed HTML error message). When you are done, remember to re-check it again (the normal state).

(FWIW, if anyone wants to read the error file (mislabeled as a ZIP file for a specific card), just navigate to the card file Archive Folder (\Rdss2\Data\PP\2015\XXX [track code]) and find the file with the date in question. Change the file extension from ZIP to HTML. Then open it as a web page and read it to get the error message RDSS couldn't interpret.)

I am working to fix RDSS' Data Centre error processing routines and TrackMaster is helping me make sure I've covered all possible error circumstances. This will be included in the next RDSS 2.1 release in a few months. Until then, the above points will help you figure it out.

If it's all too much, you are welcomed to PM or email me and I will help you.

Thanks for reading!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-15-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Please Note: to re-download a data file after correcting any of the above issues, YOU MUST uncheck the Don't Duplicate box in the Task section which otherwise causes RDSS to skip over Tasks it thinks it has already done before. You must force RDSS to re-download a correct race card ZIP file (rather than a misnamed HTML error message). When you are done, remember to re-check it again (the normal state).
Normally I don't like to harp on a point too much, but ... after updating your TrackMaster account if you run into the above problem, you really do need to read the above advice - otherwise anything you or TrackMaster do to correct it will be useless for the race card you are interested in.

To re-download the same card which failed with the error message mentioned at the top of post #1 above - you must un-check the 'Don't Duplicate' box to force RDSS to download that same card again. Otherwise it will be skipped (with a clear message) - and you won't be any further ahead.

(TrackMaster personnel know about this problem and how to help with your account, but may not remember to remind you how to re-download the same card in the RDSS Data Centre.)

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
dlivery
Grade 1

RE Track Master

Thanks Ted

Your attention to this issue is been noted and will monitor to see if this is corrected.

I just have no patience to have this to happen or have a issue with
Track Master over accounts or downlaoding issues.

#1 This is not a issue with RDSS

#2 Track Master is the Issue

#3 I do not see anthing wrong if we are commuting with the customer.

Lawrence
Old 08-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Lawrence, if you have corrected any of your TrackMaster account issues, to re-download the card which failed (today Saratoga?) don't forget to UNCHECK the Don't Duplicate box in the Data Centre Tasks section - i.e. DO Duplicate the Download of today's Saratoga card, otherwise RDSS will think you already downloaded and will skip over subsequent requests.

In general, I am splitting the blame for this problem with TrackMaster: they changed their website and error codes (their prerogative), yet I have taken so long to get the next version of RDSS2 to a point where I could update it at short notice to fix any problems. All the same - we have a way to work around it.

Sorry if it cost you the day working the Spa. Feel free to request a refund from TrackMaster for the card if you like, if you couldn't fix the problem before the races were over.

Things should work fine from now on, if your TrackMaster account is working (credit card OK, UID & PWD all OK).

But - if any further problems, ALWAYS just let me know ASAP!

Good luck,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #5
mildeu
AlwNW3X

Can not download dmr today

also message on start-up screen says rdss is loading or something like that and hass been loading all afternoon????

Mildeu
mildeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildeu View Post
also message on start-up screen says rdss is loading or something like that and hass been loading all afternoon????

Mildeu
Try closing RDSS in Windows Task manager (Program Name: rdss2.exe). Reboot your computer, then try again.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 PM   #7
wilbur porter
AlwNW3X

Dear Ted,
Not a big deal. I had to wipe and recover my computer yesterday and reinstalled Rdss...Worked fine today...enough for me to lose 6 straight wagers. But then at early evening when I tried to load and convert PID it would not convert and I kept receiving the error message and couldn't convert without unchecking "Do not duplicate". I followed your instructions several times over, rebooting. and called Twinspires just to be sure...no problem there or the installation. Registration and installation normal.
I started downloading for tomorrows races but it would only convert the files with unchecking "Do not duplicate". I didn't want to uncheck "Do not duplicate" forever so I reinstalled Rdss2 and it is working normal so far.
Unfortunately I hadn't saved today's races and of course lost todays' data by reinstalling. By the time I loaded back up for Del Mar, Race 7 had just gone off and of course my BL 2 choice "She's Not Here" had won the race at 12-1, paying $25.40.
Rdss2 is still the best software.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Wilbur, not sure what that issue is - Data Centre Convert working one minute, then next not. Seems you have solved it though. One point: by default, reinstalling RDSS does not lose ANY data. Files which already exist are NOT overwritten, including the default database (data.db). If you UNINSTALL RDSS (usually not necessary) before re-installing, do NOT respond 'Yes' to the message which says 'Do you want to delete the read-only file data.db' (i.e. your RDSS database!

Otherwise, you are welcomed to correspond privately and we can resolve any recurring issues.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 09-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
donmodonnel2000
Maiden

I have been getting this error message and have been unable to download for some time now. I have spoken to trackmaster several times and they insist that the problem is not with them. I read them Ted's message about problems 4 and 5 and they say their end is set up correctly. Interestingly, all this started when I had to change the credit card that I had used with them for years. I think the cc has been set up properly because trackmaster has charged $ on my card for unsuccessful downloads.

Any suggestions from anyone else who has been dealing with this?

Thanks in advance,

Don
donmodonnel2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:58 PM   #10
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Hi donmodonnel2000,
I had a similar problem not to long ago. I also found Ted's fix above.
Still kept getting error messages. Then I looked at my a/c under
Products, I had changed my subscription type, but the expiration
date was still fixed to an older subscription date. I had called Trackmaster
as you did, and they also told me the problem was not on their end.
I discovered the error in the dates and called once more and they said, oh
yes, and changed the date and all was well.

Let's hope that could be your problem. Easy solution.
Best of Luck.
John, (dogkatcher)