Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2023 Bill Varone Memorial Cup Contest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2023 Bill Varone Memorial Cup Contest Our annual Contest honouring our website founder and late friend. May 6,7,20,21

Old 05-21-2023, 09:52 PM   #101
Lt1
Grade 1

Well done Mike and buffalo.
Tim
Old 05-21-2023, 10:02 PM   #102
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hearty congratulations Mike (Mowens) and Ray (Buffaloxp)! It was a tough set of races but you two showed true staying power (class).

Thanks to all the rest of the players for making it a great contest again this year! Thanks especially to Pook for a lot of hard work putting it all together and keeping all the scores in order - truly outstanding work.

Finally, thanks to Bill Varone for his passion in creating this place where Doc Sartin's life work could find an ongoing home, and for his fondness for teaching what he knew. Each one of our lives touches many others, often in ways we don't even know. Bill touched many. I am grateful.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:15 AM   #103
Mitch44
Grade 1

Congratulation Mike and Ray for excellent handicapping and money management. Very well played.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 04:27 AM   #104
CheckMark
Conley

Congrats to Mowens and Buffaloxp on being the Top 2 in the contest! Congrats also goes out to all the contest players who fought hard over these last few days picking some good picks/bets. You guys made the contest great! And finally a BIG shout out to Pook and Bill V.

Pook, you did a solid job keeping track of the contest and making sure everyone was in line. Bill, you are watching from above and we dedicated our plays this contest to you my friend. We miss you. We love you.

On a personal note: so close! I had a better finish this year vs last year. Hoping to try my luck again next year. BOL everyone going forward in 2023 for their picks! May the horse be with you all!
Old 05-22-2023, 08:58 AM   #105
The Pook
Grade 1

Mowens33 send your Paypal info by PM to:

Pook
Ted Craven
Kahunab
CheckMark
Cdax
Shoeless
Mattshan
Capcondo
Mitch44
Ranchwest
Mrbill

In turn everybody above should pay Mowens33 $35 USD except Shoeless who pays $70 USD.
Buffaloxp wants his winnings sent to Ted. Ted should let everybody know where to send them. So everybody should pay Ted Craven $15 USD except Shoeless who pays $30 USD.

That should do it. Any questions just ask.

Thanks
Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 02:18 PM   #106
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I am very grateful to Buffaloxp (Ray) for - again - contributing his prize to the maintenance of PaceandCap website (which he did the last time he won this contest!).

Folks can send their $15 USD payment for Buffaloxp via PayPal to the following PayPal address: tlc@museful.com (my personal PayPal account - it all ends up in the same place).

When you send money, please specify that the funds are in US dollars and not Canadian dollars. At the point where you specify how much to send, you can also choose the currency. Because of my Canadian account address, I think you are initially offered an amount of Canadian dollars. Please change this to US dollars. Thank you!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-22-2023, 03:31 PM   #107
mattshan
Grade 3

Thank you and congrats to the winners.

Hi All,

The contest was fun and as Ted has always said there is a lot to learn in that kind of a process. I really appreciate the opportunity to participate and to compete. BIG congratulations to the winners who were for sure steady and toward the front throughout. Again many thanks to POOK for all of your effort on our behalf. Very much appreciated!!
Now being a technical midget I just have to figure out how to send money through PayPal………lol. My wife can hold my hand through it.

I will write some of my own reminders and learnings from this year’s contest in the next couple of days. It illuminated several points for me.

Thanks!
mattshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:41 AM   #108
shoeless
Grade 1

Mowens

please check you PM

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:29 AM   #109
mowens33
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Mowens33 send your Paypal info by PM to:

Pook
Ted Craven
Kahunab
CheckMark
Cdax
Shoeless
Mattshan
Capcondo
Mitch44
Ranchwest
Mrbill

In turn everybody above should pay Mowens33 $35 USD except Shoeless who pays $70 USD.
Buffaloxp wants his winnings sent to Ted. Ted should let everybody know where to send them. So everybody should pay Ted Craven $15 USD except Shoeless who pays $30 USD.

That should do it. Any questions just ask.

Thanks
Pook
PayPal
mowens33@hotmail.com
Thanks, Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:19 PM   #110
Ted Craven
Grade 1

A reminder for those sending their US$15 to me to cover Buffaloxp (Ray) prize: please send it in US dollars, not Canadian dollars. At the page where it says how much to send, it also lets you specify the currency. Please choose USD, not CAD. Otherwise, PayPal takes an outrageous currency conversion fee and part of Ray's prize goes to them and not to P&C support.

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -