Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 04-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
JimG
Grade 1

Ted and Richie need to get to work

I would like to see as an upcoming feature of RDSS, the following:

Hat's Selections

In other words, I want you two guys to tie down the Hat when he feels better, and automate as best you can, the process that Hat uses to select his contenders and ultimate bets. If you can ask him enough questions, I think it could be done. Maybe not 100%, but 95% plus would sure be nice to nail down the process the Hat uses in making selections.

Perhaps as an add-on feature down the road that we could pay extra for and the Hat and his family could realize some of the monthly proceeds for those users that choose to have that feature.

Just a thought of mine. I know neither one of you are very busy.

Jim
Old 04-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jim,

Long been a dream of mine! I'll get right on it.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 04-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Just read Jim this post.

He was giving me all kinds of instructions and telling me stuff he had never taught me. He was running wild man!

Stuff about combining the metaphysical forces with Wolf totems and other psychic phenomena!

I just come to find out he was taking morphine which they added to his meds

Lmao!

Richie
P.S. - he told me to write the morphine part. Then we laughed like crazy when I read him the full post. Laughter is very good medicine
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Just read Jim this post.

He was giving me all kinds of instructions and telling me stuff he had never taught me. He was running wild man!

Stuff about combining the metaphysical forces with Wolf totems and other psychic phenomena!

I just come to find out he was taking morphine which they added to his meds

Lmao!

Richie
P.S. - he told me to write the morphine part. Then we laughed like crazy when I read him the full post. Laughter is very good medicine
Glad I could make the Hat laugh. I really think we could come up with some unique WTR's. (Wolf Totem Ratings)

Jim
Old 04-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Bingo!!

Hat kept after me regarding the first step needed to have a program "see things" his way. Power Lines

He would ask "how do they look Rich" and I kept telling him "Jim they are missing something that you do bud. I didn't explain to Ted good enough."

Out of nowhere he asked me a question yesterday. When I answered him he told me "I know what is happening Rich. Here is how to fix it and what to FOCUS on. Try it first and let me know"

Well I "tried it" last night at Penn,Mnr and Sam Houston. It WORKED!

I can HONESTLY say it replicated Hat's choice of ONE powerline per horse almost 90% of the time man. There will be NO more multiple lines marked for consideration if Ted can pull this off. One horse ONE powerline. A true Jim Bradshaw Powerline amigos

Now I have to ask him another couple of questions this morning if he is up to it. Then gather my thoughts and when Ted has time describe EXACTLY what the process is. He's awesome.

Gonna practice more today and track accuracy.
Richie
Old 04-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

I can HONESTLY say it replicated Hat's choice of ONE powerline per horse almost 90% of the time man. There will be NO more multiple lines marked for consideration if Ted can pull this off. One horse ONE powerline. A true Jim Bradshaw Powerline amigos

Richie
Don't toy with me Richie. Ain't good for the heart.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Don't toy with me Richie. Ain't good for the heart.
Hey Jim
check this screen shot out of the opener at the Mountain a few minutes ago. This is using Hat's instructions on using the program to find the true Powerlines ok?

Doing this right he told me the winner should be in the top 2 total energy horses after the "correct lines" were picked. Bitch is doing this by hand takes quite a bit of time per race to be honest.

check out the top 2 total energies in the race then the result

Just started working races a while ago as I was tied up all day

ok here is the good

This is all RAW unajusted data fwiw and the entire pp's are in play
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1

Now to be fair that was the third race I worked since coming on amigo.

here are the first 2 taken from Santa Anita.

the 5th race the top guy was nowhere while the 2nd ranked tot energy popped at good price. HONESTLY I can't get to him betting ONE horse. The top guy was my bet and I lost

The 6th race was a flat out miss. Both the horse shown ran like crap.

Getting quite a few races in from all tracks and it IS showing BIG promise

Code:
4/7:
1) Sa5       Bet $4.00   Ret $18.40
8 - 9/2
6 - 8/1 Win $18.40

2) Sa6 (mdn) Bet $4.00   Ret 0
1a - 7/1 
6  - 5/1

3) Mnr1 -    Bet $4.00   Ret $12.60       ** Exacta 6-8  $92.40 
6 -  5/1 Win $12.60
8 -  8/1 Placed
Old 04-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
raceman5
Grade 1

Pace Line

The race at MNR that was won by the 6 horse, you used a line from Ap which is poly track MNR is not poly. So why was that line used it should not have been. Just the other day jim said when playing poly tracks use poly track lines no dirt lines and also for poly u can use a turf line if there is no poly line. So shouldn't the same hold true when playing at track that is dirt and that is not to use poly lines because he would be just contradicting himself.

Bob
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
The race at MNR that was won by the 6 horse, you used a line from Ap which is poly track MNR is not poly. So why was that line used it should not have been. Just the other day jim said when playing poly tracks use poly track lines no dirt lines and also for poly u can use a turf line if there is no poly line. So shouldn't the same hold true when playing at track that is dirt and that is not to use poly lines because he would be just contradicting himself.
Bob
Good question. Here are the full pp's for the winning horse. Here is why I used THAT line in THIS matchup.

Look on the lower tab of the screenshot. Ok that is pace of RACE velocities. Something still being developed and not on the beta versions of RDSS. Now look at the horse I have designated as "E" on the far right. It is the #3 Destin.

Now go to the left and look at HIS F1 velocity - 56.7

Now let's go back to the winning #6. His running style is definitely other than early (check the upper tab which shows raw times and positions ok?). On top of this check lines 1,2,6 where either WON or just missed in a photo. In ALL 3 races he exhibits a vicious POWER MOVE from the 2nd call to the stretch call ok? EXACTLY the kind of other than early runner Hat wants us to consider and something posted about in his Hat Check for a year now. I want to stop here because when this whole thing is finished we are going to have something SPECIAL to work with and I do NOT want the copy cats having a field day. I am dead serious.

There are FOUR parts to getting this project where it needs to be and 2 are now done to my satisfaction. The other 2 will NEVER be mentioned to protect ourselves.

What I did by selecting the poly line was MATCH the 1st fraction velocity of the POSITIONAL leading early horse (#3). Look at the pace of race first fraction velocity of the line I used. See it? It matches the pacesetter EXACTLY 56.7

Now fwiw if I use the dirt Hawthorne line (line 8) it actually is faster (check middle tab total energies on the line I used and line 8 on the dirt) than the line I used. Reason I wanted a bit slower line in THIS matchup was I didn't want this horse (other than early)evaluated off a first fraction he was NOT going to get HERE if it was at all possible..

So long story short I HURT this horse by using the poly line. Just "looked right" in todays matchup at first fraction. If I use that 8th line from Hawthorne he is even STRONGER total energy wise.

Now go and check the F1 on the #'s 8 and 2. See they are much faster than the pacesetter BUT look at their running style designated by me - EP they are going to PRESS and KILL off the "E" in THIS matchup thereby projecting the WINNER as "Other than Early".

Might be confusing but I wanted to answer you honestly and to do that I had to show a thing or 2 still under development by Ted.
There will be a LOT more going on with this

ok
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 04-07-2008 at 10:37 PM.