Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Houndog
Grade 1

Notes from the Synergism II Manual

Having re-read the Synergism II manual I now understand why I had little success with this program years ago when I first bought it from the PIRCO Group. Following is some of the important points that were given by Bob Purdy; Doc Sartin; and Dick Schmidt concerning this program. Many of the skilled users of Synergism II already know these points but I still think it can benefit some of us not only when using Synergism II but other Sartin programs as well.

1) Pace line selection and interpretation of read-outs important
2) Set-Up Distance requires thought and should have been resolved before you turned your program on.
3) The process to determine your set-up distance begins after you have selected contenders but before picking pacelines.
4) Track Record is for the set-up distance and race track chosen.
5) Synergism II uses the track record as a point of deviation not as an entity in itself.
6) The Doctor Factor (DR) is influenced on how you tell your computer to rate your contenders.
7) Think of Factor W and the Doctor Factor (DR) as paragon readouts. When they match in the top two, the results have been phenomenal.
8) In most instances, winners and often place horses will own one or more of the DREAM RACE fractions.
9) % Median is an important corollary modeling tool.
10) When in doubt weigh the race by Factor W.
11) After Synergism was out for a while Doc Sartin wrote an article telling users not to use any paceline that was much slower or faster than the expected pace of today’s race.
12) Dick Schmidt states he started using projected times as his set up line entering just one set of times and leave it at that.
13) Try not to get too fixated on the sort numbers and on your Brohamer Model. Use all the read-outs Synergism II gives you. Each is there for a purpose. Pay attention to the Dream Race and ESP Match-Up.
14) The readouts giving estimated beaten lengths at the second call has been greatly improved in Synergism II.If you keep a track profile you will know how far back a horse can be and still win.
15) 90% of the work needed to win a race should be complete before you turn on your computer no matter what program you use. Synergism II can’t win a race if you don’t have the right contenders; use the wrong pacelines or set-up times.
16) The Match-Up and Paceline manual can help in contender and paceline selection.

Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

Mike,

Nicely done should be a big help.

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Thumbs up

Mike,

I appreciate the notes. It will
be helpful to all those that will fortunate enough to use the very flexibe RDSS. I personally believe that once the conversion features are in place, RDSS will be the best predictive and confirming piece of software out there.
It will fit the needs of all handicappers.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote