Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > PaceAdvantage.com 2014 Contest Series - Sponsored by RDSS! > PaceAdvantage.com 2013 Contest Series > 2013 - Howard Sartin/Jim Bradshaw Memorial “ROAD TO THE ROSES” Contest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2013 - Howard Sartin/Jim Bradshaw Memorial “ROAD TO THE ROSES” Contest Howard Sartin/Jim Bradshaw Memorial “ROAD TO THE ROSES” Contest

Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Howard Sartin/Jim Bradshaw Memorial “ROAD TO THE ROSES” Contest - 2013

Name:  pnc_hdr_right.png
Views: 987
Size:  28.8 KB

presents

THE HOWARD SARTIN/JIM BRADSHAW MEMORIAL
“ROAD TO THE ROSES”

BANKROLL BUILDER CHALLENGE

SATURDAY, MARCH 9th – SATURDAY, APRIL 20th, 2013
RUNS MONDAY TO SUNDAY EACH WEEK

FREE ENTRY CONTEST

$500.00 CASH + BONUS MERCHANDISE PRIZES

P.A.C.S PLAYER OF THE YEAR POINTS

1st Place - $250.00 Cash

Winner's Trophy sponsored by ASD

RDSS Data and Software package valued at $346.00

2nd Place - $150.00 Cash

3rd Place - $100.00 Cash

Bonus RDSS Prize Draw
RDSS Data and Software package valued at $346.00

(complete the RDSS Poll to qualify)

BONUS PRIZES for RDSS SUBSCRIBERS*
1st Place - $250 Cash
2nd Place - 1 Month Free RDSS Charts + PP Data ($160)
3rd Place - 1 Year free software subscription ($100)

(*subscriber as of April 1, 2013)

Note: All Cash Prizes are payable via PayPal

Name:  pnc_hdr_right.png
Views: 987
Size:  28.8 KB
www.SartinMethodology.com

A PaceAdvantage.com Challenge Series Event

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RULES & OBJECTIVES

OBJECTIVES

1.To accumulate the highest Bankroll over 30 races during the contest period. Win, Place & Exacta wagers.

RULES
1. This is an individual player event. To join the Contest, go --> here (at PaceAdvantage) and sign the Poll indicating you have read the 'Official' Rules.

The Contest consists of 30 total thoroughbred races running from Saturday, March 9th to Saturday, April 20th , 2013.

3. The Contest includes a series of 12 Graded Stakes races, comprised of Kentucky Derby preps (see list below).

A minimum of 8 of the Graded Stakes races are mandatory as part of a player’s 30 race total.

5. The balance of the 30 thoroughbred race total will be “Player’s Choice” from any North American track with entries and results listed in Equibase. (www.equibase.com)

Play will be allowed 7 days a week - Monday to Sunday, no restrictions. (A change from last year).

7. Play will be allowed 7 days a week - Monday to Sunday, no restrictions!(A change from last year).

Players may play a maximum of four (4) individual races per day. (A change from last year).

9. A scratched selection or cancelled race will count as no action (no bet); and that bet or portion thereof will be refunded. Alternates or Post Time Favorites will not be applied.

10. Players may "pre-post" their request to NULLIFY the race should any of their selected horses Scratch. Failure to post this intention will result in the race being scored with the remaining selections and the scratch portion being REFUNDED.

To place an "official play" and receive credit for the results the play must be posted at least one full minute prior to the "official off time" as stated at Equibase. It is the Player’s responsibility to ensure their PaceAdvantage time stamp is correct.

12. If the time stamp and the "official off time" are the same, or later, and your selection "loses", your selection will count as an official play as your intention was clear.

Wagering Format: Bankroll Builder

- All players begin with a $2,000 Bankroll

- Players may wager a maximum of 10% of their Bankroll per day (ie. Day 1 = $2,000 x 10% = $200)

- The 10% (ie. $200 on Day1) is the total combined amount a player may wager on any single day

- Daily winnings and losses are added or subtracted from the Player’s Bankroll.

- The resulting balance becomes the base Bankroll for the Player’s next day of wagering.

14. All bets have a minimum factor of $1.00 and must total at least $2.00 to be valid. There is no minimum bet per race other than reaching the $2.00 threshold. However, you only have 30 races to leverage your bankroll.

15. If players are posting their daily plays prior to the previous day's results being posted it is their responsibility to ensure they don't play more than their current 10% bankroll.

16. If players inadvertently overbet their daily amount their score will be reduced regressively from last play to first by reducing the dollar amount bet, then individual bets, then the entire race until their bet fits within the guidelines.

Wager Types

- Players may make Win, Place and Exacta bets or any combination thereof, using a maximum of 3 distinct betting interests per race.

- Players may bet multiple horses to Win or Place in the same race as long as they don’t exceed the maximum of 3 distinct betting interests per race.

- Coupled Entries will be handled like they are at the track, and as such, a player accepts action on all horses in that coupling. Should a portion of an entry scratch, the player will still have action on the remaining portion still in the race. A player can not selectively choose one part of an entry to the exclusion of the other(s). Note: Players still have the option to edit their selections should they believe they are stuck with the undesired portion of an entry. (A change from last year).

- If a wager ends up being No Action, the player may post a new selection to take its place.

- It is recommended that when placing your bet, you state the number and name of the entry. The name of the entry will supersede the number in case of discrepancy.

18. Players must make a wager on 30 races during the contest period to be considered an official entry and qualify for Prizes and P.A.C.S. Points.

19. The contest officially ends with the running of
the Lexington Stakes at Keeneland on April 20th. (Please Note: no races which run after this final race will be accepted in the Contest).

20. To qualify for the $500 RDSS Bonus Cash Prize for registered RDSS users, players must be paid-up RDSS subscribers as of April 1, 2013.

The moderators or their designate will have the final say on any challenge or amendment to the rules. The contest is intended to be played in good faith!

22. Only one entry per person is allowed.

23. Contest Stakes Events
(8 of 12 races mandatory)

March 9 - Santa Anita -San Felipe
March 9 - Tampa Bay -Tampa Bay Derby

March 16 - Oaklawn -Rebel

March 23 - Turfway Park - Spiral
March 24 - Sunland - Sunland Derby

March 30 - Gulfstream Park - Florida Derby
March 30
- Fairgrounds - Louisiana Derby

April 6 - Aqueduct - Wood
April 6 - Santa Anita - Santa Anita Derby

April 13 - Oaklawn - Arkansas Derby
April 13 - Keenland - Bluegrass

April 20 - Keenland - Lexington
Competition Ends with this Race

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-06-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well, the Sartin / Bradshaw Memorial Contest for 2013 is starting this coming Saturday March 9 and I really want to invite all Pace and Cap members to join in. The contest is taking place at PaceAdvantage.com in this Forum there: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=87

If you want to be a part of this Contest, remember you have to register at Pace Advantage.com and it can sometimes take a few days to get signed up there, so don't delay.

A reminder, my reasons for holding this annual contest at PaceAdvantage instead of here at Pace and Cap is to promote RDSS and the Sartin Methodology to a wider audience.

Every member of Pace and Cap, regardless of what flavour of the Methodology, what software or other handicapping approach you may use, is cordially invited to shoot for the prizes.

Again, a summary of the Contest (see complete rules above):

- 30 races between March 9 and April 20, 8 mandatory Derby Stakes preps, the rest your choice

- 4 races max per day, 3 betting interests max per race, Win, Place, Exacta bets (in line with Doc Sartin's general wagering strategy guidance)

- initial mythical $2000 bankroll, you bet 10% max of whatever your beginning bankroll is each day

- The Contest winner (highest ending bankroll) gets $250 cash plus 2 months Unlimited RDSS Data, 2nd place gets $150, 3rd gets $100

- In addition, there is a random Prize Draw for 2 months Unlimited RDSS data, which you can enter --> here.

- But wait, there's more! RDSS subscribers as of April 1, 2013 qualify for an additional set of prizes, including $250 cash, 1 month Unlimited RDSS data, and an annual Subscription.

Come one come all - show us how it's done!

Good luck, good skill to everyone!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

May I encourage everyone who wants to enter this Contest, to be sure to begin this coming Saturday March 9 - there are 8 mandatory Kentucky Derby prep stakes races required (from a list of 12 remaining) and 2 of them run this Saturday (Tampa Bay Derby, San Felipe Stakes). If you miss them, you'll have to include 8 of the remaining 10 prep Stakes in order to stay in the Contest.

It's important to be organized and know WHEN the Stakes races run so you don't run out of opportunity.

If you are not already a member of PaceAdvantage.com, you'll need to Register (just like you did for PaceandCap.com) --> here. Don't leave this until the last minute, as it sometimes takes a few days.

If you happen to find yourself not yet activated at PaceAdvantage.com (where the Contest is being held) and a few days have passed and you're waiting to make a Contest selection, you can make it here in an emergency only until you are Registered there. In this case, please also send me a Private Message or email, and I will try to expedite your Registration.

A reminder: here is the Contest Forum at PaceAdvantage.com --> here.

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-04-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Apparently, Registration at PaceAdvantage is temporarily unavailable (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/register.php?). I understand it should be fixed by tonight, so if you need to register there to play in the Contest, please try again after tonight.

If you want to participate, but your registration at PA is not being processed in time, just drop me an email or Private Message and I will try to help.

Ted

(email: support @ sartinmethodology . com)

R
DSS -
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Unfortunately, there seems to be some problem with new Registrations at PaceAdvantage.com. I am in touch with the Administrator.

If you cannot register there by the time you need to submit plays for this Contest, please make your selections in this thread and I will make sure they are copied to the Official Contest Forum on PaceAdvantage.com

Please Note: If you need to make it here at PaceandCap, before your first contest post, please state that you have read the 'Official' Contest Rules --> HERE and that you agree to them.

I will announce here when Registration at PaceAdvantage appears to be back in action.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
torrejon
AlwNW2X

I have read them and I agree 100%

;-)
torrejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Registration at PaceAdvantage for playing in this Contest is now working again.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #9
davew
AlwNW2X

Ted, you did very well in this last year - what would be a good target for 30 races to get into top 10?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dave, well, hitting the LA Derby winner at $220 Win and $491 Exacta always helps Seriously, that's what put me up there, then I frittered away the lead and finished 2nd or 3rd, can't remember.

I'll try to find races where there are unexpected Lone or dominant Early horses which the public believes is out-classed, or recently out-run (see the RDSS2 Teaching Forum for some good examples of this money-maker).

I'll work the mandatory Stakes prep races, since I'm, also working most of them already in the PAIHL Team contest. But I find no shame in putting a $2.00 Win or Place bet on those mandatory races (and baby 3 YO races, at that) which I find either inscrutable or where there seems to be a dominating low-priced favourite: just need to check off the mandatories sometimes.

That said, sometimes the public goes off on a tangent on 'star' 3 YOs, due to their trainer, or their stellar 2 YO season, leaving lots of opportunity on other horses who have yet to demonstrate their improvement, but whose races signal at least something in the offing. These you have to look out for and save some bullets to take a plunge (and yes, lose some, but pocket some nice change occasionally).

After that, with 6 weeks and 5 races per week all that's needed, I'll look for older Stakes races (which I generally do well with, using RDSS) and older dirt sprints where I also seem to have a good track record.

However - things will probably NOT turn out as planned - LOL! Sometimes it's just serendipity where a nice hit comes from, and I fully expect that a good portion of my plays will either run out, or pay $8 - $10 mutuels and $20 - $30 exactas. I am just not a 'swing for the fences' type of bettor (except when free money is offered on great Tandem reversals ).

Good luck Dave!

Ted

R
DSS -