Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 02-29-2020, 07:18 AM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

How does one know if something improves results?

One has to move on to find out whether it or something works. A closed mind is a missed opportunity. No one can determine if something works without giving it a fair trial, Howard was continually testing etc. to make a better mousetrap. Resting on his initial success would have been a huge mistake.Advancements are only achieved by trial and error.

Sartin statement is also taken out of context because he knew they didn't have a better solution and it was a subliminal challenge. After all why were they there if they were so successful? In fact why do people gravitate to this site? They want to learn and are looking to improve results. Some do while others have an inner desire to lose and lack the mindset to succeed. And yes misery does want company as it justifies their loses.

Yes there are some NIP's (Negative influence people) wherever we go to include this site. One should always be on guard as their always seeking company. If you want to learn something than learn from winners and the best. Sartin was ahead of his day and his present day RDSS was his ultimate solution to a complex problem that far exceeds any pace program out there. It has remained valid even many years after his passing.

Yes there are those who lack ambition, don't like change and refuse to accept modern day advancements, they also tend to be under achievers or losers. That's OK through as we need their money in the mutual pools.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 02-29-2020 at 07:22 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #12
cratman
cratman

Best is what works best for you

To clarify, my understanding was that Howard wanted to improve lives though winning with the methodology. Perhaps the earliest iteration of this was the truck drivers many or most of whom stopped gambling after they knew they could win. He was a flexible thinker and welcomed input from other persons, inviting Mark Cramer to speak and credited others saying that he only borrowed from the best. When asked which was the best program he analogized to cars noting that a Rolls Royce would not be the best choice for transporting manure. Using this template, the best program is the one that works for you and your objectives.
cratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #13
Mitch44
Grade 1

Using your analogy I would say that RDSS is the Rolls Royce of programs having to do with any Sartin programs or those that are offshoots of his research.

Its one thing being transported in a Rolls and quite another to recognize a Rolls when observed. That's what so great about life,one can choose a Rolls or travel in a septic tank truck. Choice is a great thing.

I thought everyone's objective was more winning and success, than again I suppose not. I believe this thread has been reached its maximum velocity and potential. I'll leave you with this as its important for me to move on and get more winners.

"You will never reach your destination if you stop at every dog that barks."
~ Winston Churchill

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #14
shoeless
Grade 1

I really do not think there is anything wrong using the older programs.
In my situation I cant afford RDSS as it does not fit into my budget so
I use Synergism 3 with a 10 year old par file and it still works.

I know RDSS is a superior program but one has to do what is best
for them.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #15
Lefty
Grade 1

Well said,Shoe
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #16
tom
Grade 1

How do you know if something improves your results?

Don't you keep a track model?
That will tell you if you W% or your ROI improves. And where.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #17
shoeless
Grade 1

Thanks Lefty
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:06 AM   #18
smithbg1
Maiden

I have a copy of this software that I have not used in years. How do you get it to work on todays computers?
smithbg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithbg1 View Post
I have a copy of this software that I have not used in years. How do you get it to work on todays computers?
Windows 10 can run a number of different 'virtual' environments, to host other operating systems or older software which ran best in DOS or earlier Windows versions.

DosBox is one of those 'environments' and you can find out more info about it on P&C by using the Site Search tool to search for 'dosbox' (many of the search results will be in this very forum for older software). Or search in Google directly. Another popular OS environment is VirtualBox, and there are others. Download and install one of them.

Once you have such an environment like DosBox up and running, just install AOdds and use it. I can't remember if there was copy protection involved with AOdds, but if so you have to deal with that too. If not DosBox, then other similar environments can make your computer look exactly as if it's running an older DOS operating system, or an earlier version of Windows.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:25 PM   #20
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
Well said Mitch....!

Ignacio
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote