Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #11
Bill V.
The egg man

Esp

Quote:
Odds by ESP may be interesting as the "Doc" always said that sustained horses pay better prices.

Mitch44
Thank you Mitch, You made me smile, thinking about the many conversations
Doc and I had about just that , odds and esp.

Mitch, the notations you see are about 90% "out of the box" RDSS2.1 ESP notations
I did not change the notations too often , Unless there was a wild notation
based on my visual assessments I left it as RDSS marked it .
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #12
gandalf380
Grade 1

interesting

odd observation--have no idea what it means. when his FTS wins with GW, Baffert uses many different jockeys. When he wins FTS with SCW1or better, he uses mostly Bejarano.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #13
Mitch44
Grade 1

Bill V. : I use the older version of RDSS which has both the visual ESP and the % Med. It looks like you may be testing and using the yet to be released version. Which particular version did you record? Visual or % Med?

Myself I'm partial to % Med as I believe it to be more consistent and accurate.The visual can have some flaws such as all S types in a race, well some one has to lead but it does not mean it distributing its energy early etc.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #14
Mitch44
Grade 1

grandalf380:

Jocks are tough to analyze and trainers working with these guys everyday get to know a riders capabilities and limitations better than the public. Additionally some of their traits and weaknesses that aren't public records they are aware of.. I.e. some are exceptional breaking from the gate while others are just average, very important in short races and young horses, some excel with fillies, some with older horses etc. Some of this stuff just isn't published and requires your own research but a really good trainer like Baffert are aware of each jock's traits. Those that are using drugs, hungover etc. The move could be to get a better price and recoup some of the outlay of $ to get the horse there and also some owners insist on choosing the jock. In most cases if the jock is capable you have to trust the trainer to make the correct choice.

Finally in many races it makes absolutely no difference as its all about the horse. At top tracks and class races (Graded & BC) every jock in the race is exceptional. My self I give no weight or consideration to jock's, trainers have a greater influence on the horse but they can only extract what the horse has and is capable of. Some place tremendous weight on jockeys, hey their entitled to their opinion and others their money.
Mitch44
Old 10-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #15
Bill V.
The egg man

E ep p s

Hi Mitch

The ESP notations are on your RDSS
Here is horse 4. RDSS has marked it a P3,
so that is what I am recording,

Name:  mitch4P3.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  154.7 KB
Old 10-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #16
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks Bill V., I believe that's the visual. On the velocity- POH and BL/ BL screens I have both.
Mitch 44
Old 10-12-2016, 04:25 PM   #17
Bill V.
The egg man

Gw

Hi Bill L.

Peter Miller scored another nice winner on monday with this FTS $11.80

at 5.5 but the pattern fits !GW

Name:  SwordBill.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  105.4 KB
Old 10-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #18
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Also the combination pattern of SRW/HWL1/SWG which was the one he won 4 FTS races with at DMR. Usually this pattern pays better, but a win is a win.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #19
Tim Y
turf historian

Many baby work information never sees the light of day and occur at training centers.

A work, in the quiet isolation of the AM, is certainly not close to the cacophony and chaos that occurs both behind and IN the gate on race day. No pace pressure either.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Many baby work information never sees the light of day and occur at training centers.

A work, in the quiet isolation of the AM, is certainly not close to the cacophony and chaos that occurs both behind and IN the gate on race day. No pace pressure either.
Re the FTS workout info and patterns that DO see the light of day - do you advise not bothering to model them to see if actionable decisions at prices come to light?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote