Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 03-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Projecting Times Refresher Course

Richie and Don P,Can you do a refresher course on projecting times for a sprint race?[I didnt want to bother The Hat].Just that topic nothing else and if you could use standard PP'S. Thanks Jeff

PLEASE NO COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS UNTIL THEY ARE FINISHED AND ONLY ON THIS ONE TOPIC.I FOR ONE AM NOT INTERESTED IN ANYTHING ELSE BEYOND THIS RIGHT NOW.

** Yes I will do a race or 2 with the "regular pp's". I will speak with Hat and get a good one Jeff.** - Richie

Last edited by RichieP; 03-23-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Jeff

Let's look at a race that hasn't run yet. This one will run on Wednesday and is race 6 at Tampa Bay. I know you like that track.

We will use Hat Bradshaw's 5 step approach here to aid us big bro.

Here are the full past performances for each horse.

After you run through them once or twice anything hitting you regarding projecting a pace here?

Is there a pure early horse?
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

balance of the field Jeff
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie,First of all thanks for going over something that you have done before and going to the trouble of using the pp's.You know all too well how much easier it is for me.

Now to the race you picked a tough one for me anyway.For a pure early horse I would say it would be the 1.I would go 4 back to the Oct 7 because the last 3 were on the off going.Im having difficulty with the 8 I believe he cant run out of the gate with the 1.Jeff
Old 03-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Lil Bro,Perfect race to pick as this is the type that gives me fits.This is the 3rd time I have been back here.Now Im not so sure about the 1 being pure early because he has only done it twice on the pp's.That 22.2 45.7 he has only done one time.In all honesty I cant even project the time in this race.Jeff
Old 03-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Lil Bro,Perfect race to pick as this is the type that gives me fits.This is the 3rd time I have been back here.Now Im not so sure about the 1 being pure early because he has only done it twice on the pp's.That 22.2 45.7 he has only done one time.In all honesty I cant even project the time in this race.Jeff
Excellent because I can not either if looking for a pure early horse. So going back to the 5 step approach Jim out lines a second way to project a pace to measure contenders by:

This screen shot is direct from Hat's 5 step approach. I agree with you and think we should apply his SECOND way to project for TODAYS race.

If you agree read it and then tell me who the horse is and what is the pace Jeff

From Jim's "5 step approach"
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 03-24-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie,I would say the 3 horse he only finished 1\2 length off of a 22.4 45.6 111.6 in his his last race at today's track and distance.Since Hat said dont add beaten lenghts then the projected pace would be 22.4 45.6 111.6.Even if Im wrong this is really great how we are going through this step by step.Im not just saying this to blow smoke up your a**.Jeff
Old 03-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #8
tfm
Former member

My $.02

the problem with this race is that there's a mix of classes

no telling if one of the Allowance or AOC horses wakes up and wires the field
Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Richie,I would say the 3 horse he only finished 1\2 length off of a 22.4 45.6 111.6 in his his last race at today's track and distance.Since Hat said dont add beaten lenghts then the projected pace would be 22.4 45.6 111.6.Even if Im wrong this is really great how we are going through this step by step.Im not just saying this to blow smoke up your a**.Jeff
I agree 100 % with your choice. So we have our pace:

22.4 - 45.6 - 111.6

Now again here is the Hat from the 5 step approach Jeff. Let's follow his guidelines/ideas for contender/line selection.

How bout we both read what he says and then list our choice of contenders and then possible lines to consider

This is cool and no worries bout the outcome. let's follow procedure and see what we can get. I'll be gone til tomorrow evening but WILL post up our stuff then ok?

Really good idea Jeff and thank you for the email.

Here is the Hat from the "5 step approach"
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie,I might be too strict on this, if I saw a horse that only matched this time once on his pp's I didnt use him[Im not sure if this is correct or not]

Contenders

NO 3-off his last race

NO 7-dec 11 race or aug22 I guess I would go with dec 11 even though it's 1 fur longer

NO 8-feb 8th

for me the rest are gone.I will be interested to see what you do here with the horses that have shown ability to only do it once.You really picked a good one to anaylize.

Hope The Hat starts feeling better.Jeff

** Jeff there is no "right or wrong". We just do our best and see how it plays out. So you have your 3 contenders. Excellent. Now if you have time go back to the 5 step approach and read how to now focus on matching these guys up ok? Check for tandems they have in common etc etc. My heads not into it right now so carry on big bro ok? You are doing good work Jeff and using the proper steps Fwiw. Win lose or draw. Btw I spoke with Hat and he knows of this thread and me and you working it! He asked me to tell you hi! ** Richie

Last edited by RichieP; 03-25-2008 at 08:15 PM.