Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2012
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2012 Meet us at the Spa for 3 days of Great Racing and Learning!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thank You

I too will miss sitting on your porch , watching the people go by, your picks, and hospitality, that you and the your lovely better halve offered me.

I may return in the future or even stop by this year for a day or so, maybe a weekend.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Wow , I miss this place

I happen to be in Saratoga tonight, and will leave for Tunkhannock in the morning after I unload.

I was able to go see the track and say hi to a few of the friends from last year, including some of the old NYRA guards, and 2 old barns that were favorites of mine, and coulda easily stayed all night, but the barns go to bed early as they are up early.

Man when it get's in your blood it is tough to get out, not gambling, but the rest of the horse racing industry, the backstrech people, my wonderful place I spent last year at, and all wished me well and invited me to stop by anytime , when ever I get this way, and I think I will too.

It starts this Friday, last night I saw the traffic light on Hwy 50 was out by SPAC, as they had an accident, looked like no real injuries, thank goodness, just a few crumpled cars, always treat an intersection with lights out as a stop sign and all will be fine.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
wagercapper
Winner

Saratoga opens Today! I will be going up there today & tomorrow, but not to the track. I'll be attending the Saratoga Blues Festival.
It's all over the news that Saratoga does, in fact, have wi-fi. The intention is to reduce long lines by having patrons bet through their computers. One would have to put some money into an account at the beginning of the day. There are also several new food & beverage facilities, including a beer garden. They claim you can get a beer for $3, but that remains to be seen.
wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Update on Saratoga Events

I am able to update folks on our plans for the weekend of August 17-19. In addition to our collection of tables in the Festival Tent during the day, we'll also be having a seminar-style event Friday evening and a more casual get together Saturday evening beginning at 7pm at the conference facilities of NHPLAY, 125 High Rock Avenue in downtown Saratoga Springs.

On Friday night, we'll have some special guest speakers and hopefully time to handicap a few races for Saturday's card. On Saturday night, the atmosphere will be more casual with pizza, drinks, conversation and of course handicapping Sunday's card.

Friday Evening's Seminar Agenda (tentative) 7pm - 10pm

1. The Sartin Methodology Then and Now, and the 'Inner Game of Handicapping' - with (the Rev) Bert Mayne. Bert was one of Doc Sartin's original teaching members from the early 1980's, contributed numerous articles to the Follow Up journal, spoke at many, many seminars, often on the topic of mental and emotional preparedness and the inner skills required for success in this game. And not forgetting his superior skills at handicapping and wagering! When he's not busy preaching and ministering at his local pastoral charges, Bert's other focus is on NYRA tracks and Finger Lakes, and he has recently updated his tools to include RDSS. This will be a chance to hear about the continuity of the Methodology over almost 30 years - from someone who was there then, and is here now.

2. A presentation on a state of the art wagering platform and online betting practice management toolset, by a representative of NHPLAY, our affiliated Player's Organization. Ask questions of a serious bettor: what kinds of bets do they make, what tools do they use. How to ramp up the betting side of your game.

3. Presentation on the current state of RDSS 2.0 by Ted Craven. Where we're at, where we're going.

4. Another presenter, to be confirmed.

Saturday Evening Get Together 7pm - 10pm

A casual get together, we'll order pizza, bring your own drinks. There will be wi-fi and power connections for everyone's computers, we'll have a DVD large screen projector to display computer screens. We'll work Sunday's races and have questions and answers and celebrations from the day's racing (Saratoga has been good to us so far this year!)

The cost for either or both Friday and Saturday evening's events is $20 at the door. Everyone who comes receives a natty RDSS Ball Cap (see photos below, or the Order Page). A seat at the tables during the day in the Festival Tent at the track is $5.00.

Note: 125 High Rock is an office building with a locked front door. We'll have someone at the door to let you in, and/or a phone number to call to reach someone inside. Come early, come often!

See you at the Spa!

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-26-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS Ballcap!

As part of the evening events, or $20 if you can't make it in the evening, a stylish RDSS monogrammed ball cap can be yours! Adjustable size, soft, durable cloth top, rigid brim (known to bring good luck to the wearer, at least, works for me ... ).

If you can't make it to Saratoga this year, use the Ball Cap order page and I will mail it to you: ~ $25.00 including shipping in the US and Canada (more, overseas).

Ball Cap Order Page: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8523

Name:  rdsscap1.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  39.4 KB Name:  rdsscap2.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  59.5 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
JimG
Grade 1

Love the hat! I'll be sure to order one. Hopefully it is made for a big head.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #17
wagercapper
Winner

Greetings to all from Saratoga Race Course! I am in the festival tent using the wi-fi. So this verifies that it works! It's only 100% humidity today & we're off turf (BOO!), but hey, it's still SAR. Looking forward to seeing everyone up here next month.
Wagercapper
Old 07-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

RDSS Ballcap order!

Hi Ted,

I would like to know if you'll have a Ballcap in a darker color, so that it can hide the dirt and it can be washable too, all for $25. Waiting for the order page to appear.

Thanks, but I'll not see you all at the Spa!

DocSartinLearner (D.S.L.)
DocSartinLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
tom
Grade 1

Bert Mayne?
You got my interest - Bert taught me a lot at several seminars and workshops aside from the full gang. I look forward to seeing him again!
Glad I am coming for the weekend this time!!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #20
wagercapper
Winner

How about a cowboy hat with RDSS on it?