Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-02-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
ScottB
Grade 1

A funny thing happened

I picked up the Daily Racing Form yesterday for today’s racing. This AM I did my handicapping at Belmont, Delaware and Gulfstream Park West.

I didn’t see anything that great so I decided to wait until the races started and see if I got the vibes on anything. That happens often. So I put the form aside and went to watch TV with a cup of coffee.

While I was watching TV something came over me. I thought to myself to log onto my betting account and cash in my bankroll. For some reason I don’t enjoy betting anymore. Even though I am a steady winner I have been finding the repetition boring. It’s the same thing over and over.

I logged onto my betting account and cashed in my bankroll. I love the big Gulfstream Park meet that runs from December thru March. I bet only Gulfstream Park and Tampa Bay. Maybe by December I may be hungry again.
ScottB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Understand

Hello

I can understand how you feel. Although I very rarely miss a day of working with the Methodology, Most of those days I make at least a few wagers.
Yet I do get semi burnt out.

Some times when I open the program I just see information overload.
For some reason If I look at a program too long, for too many days weeks or months. I get out of the zone.
I just got my computer laptop fixed. I was unable to use RDSS on and off as the computer was in and out of the shop 3 times.
I was forced to only use the older dos versions of Doc's programs.
I found as in the past that looking at a different set of screens and readouts
recharged my interest

I am back to being able to use RDSS full time and now things are clear again

Scott, what you are going through, Doc writes about, He suggests not getting into ruts. Shake things up, Drive to work or the store a different route, Listen to jazz music. Try different types of food
As long as you follow his guidelines when handicapping you will get back to the zone
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #3
atkinsrr
Grade 1

ScottB another thing you can do is bet NFL football...that's what I do...it helps clear my mind by doing something different...I still bet horses but bet fewer than usual...Randy A
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:01 AM   #4
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Hey Bill V....Randy won 2 more NFL games today...that should give me a nice lead in the standings.....
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote