Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 07-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Can't select tracks for supertote from RDSS2

If I access Supertote from any regular internet browser I have no problems selecting a track to receive its tote data. If I access supertote via the link in RDSS two the browser window for supertote appears in RDSS2, but when I highlight a given track the drop down menu stays open and never selects the track that I've highlighted.

Thanks
Carl
Dallas4lr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Carl,

Don't do that. As you found out - it doesn't work.

Instead, per the pop-up instructions - simply login to Supertote then CLOSE that browser window (i.e. DON'T try to select tracks). RDSS will have established a connection with Supertote. Odds will then magically appear in all your readouts!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Ted,

Thanks! It worked like a charm. I must say handicapping with the supertote live at the track gives the program a whole different feel.

I was using RDSS with ATRpro which was able to grab the tote feed data from RDSS and WoW!!! It was like sensory overload. Way too much information to process at one time. I definitely didn't have enough time between races, to process it all. Great job, wish I started using this sooner!

Thanks
Carl
Dallas4lr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
CaptDon100
Grade 2

I looked at the ARTpro website, Does this help in wagercapping. Looks like a lot of good information?
CaptDon100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDon100 View Post
I looked at the ARTpro website, Does this help in wagercapping. Looks like a lot of good information?
Don, I have subscribed to ATRPro for 8 years now - a serious piece of tote analysis software. Before I did, I had created the Supertote tote connection to RDSS and a few initial tote relationship calculations (e.g. Tote Xray). I have long had plans to build-out the tote board analysis and wager construction tools within RDSS (and still do ...).

Meanwhile, there is ATRPro. It does not do past-performance based handicapping - you supply that yourself from your own tools (e.g. RDSS) - then watch for whatever confirming tote action you like, or pricing info given on exotic pools. You can also specify wagers and upload them to several ADWs. In general - it's where I am going with RDSS' tote/wager creation tools, though it has many more features than I probably will ever include in RDSS.

Re wagercapping - given live integration of odds, pool percentages and Tote Xray relationships - juxtaposed with the BL/BL and all other Analysis screen info - you have all you need for 'wagercapping' decisions already within RDSS. Though, there is always room for practically infinitely more nuances ...

At $99/year - ATRPro is a no-brainer.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #6
CaptDon100
Grade 2

Thanks Ted, I going to check it out, they have a 30 day trial.
CaptDon100 is offline   Reply With Quote