Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-06-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

Equalizer

Not sure if this is suppose to go in this section but I want to ask a question about the software called Equalizer. I have gone back and forth with the guy who creates the software and he said he could tutor me for $10 a month. I am wanting to know does anyone have this software and how good is it? Thanks to all who reply.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

Conley you need to stop jumping all over the place. You are either going to embrace this Methodology or not. In RDSS we have the best winning program around. If you can't win with it you won't win with anything else. It's your call young man.
Tim
Old 12-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Not sure if this is suppose to go in this section but I want to ask a question about the software called Equalizer. I have gone back and forth with the guy who creates the software and he said he could tutor me for $10 a month. I am wanting to know does anyone have this software and how good is it? Thanks to all who reply.
--------------------------------------------------
I bought the original version and it sucks.
Save your money.
You will learn a lot more here with RDSS.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Conley -

Just watch his videos! Then fire up RDSS (while you still can) and compare. Notice anything familiar? Or check his postings here at P&C.

He is a fan of Brohamer and MPH. Equalizer is based on the public domain Sartin Methodology of 25+ years ago, though I certainly give him credit for ability to program and his enthusiasm for racing. No disrespect is intended to him. Maybe his software has some useful nuances but here is not the forum to discuss that. It's not up to me to say that RDSS is better - I'll let others explain why it is.

You alone (and I) know why you have chosen not to work with RDSS, and instead continue seeking what you have already found. Your choices in this regard may seem all new to you, but believe me they are very common and I have seen it a hundred times. You get offered the key to the mint, but since you have not worked for it, not sweated for it, not stubbed your toe or shed some tears for it - you do not know the value of it.

And now - after having had hours of mentoring here by me, by Mick, by Lt1 and maybe others, and the promise of more free ongoing mentoring, free software, free data - after that in only the past few months, you again seek something new, someone new to mentor you, someone who themselves received mentoring by people on this board. I predict (like I predict the sun will rise in the east) that you'll continue doing this - without success - until you STOP the compulsion to find something NEW.

With such a compulsion (a very normal human behaviour, BTW, and not dishonourable), even when you find something useful (say, a handicapping program), you feel compelled to continue seeking an alternative to doing the HARD WORK (both analytically and more importantly: internally, emotionally, psychologically). But there is no alternative to facing the present reality, not in horse race handicapping nor in any aspect of living one's life: you have to do the HARD WORK, there is no such thing as 'grass is greener elsewhere'.

All this is presuming that RDSS is a functional tool for handicapping (and it is). Please separate any 'touting' of RDSS I may appear to do, from a behavioural observation I am trying to convey to you, and advice from having lived a while that I am trying to give (and have given in several emails before).

You are welcomed to discuss why you don't want to work with RDSS, what faults you find with it or with me or with others here. You have given your response about this on PaceAdvantage but I don't buy it in a heartbeat, not a bit of it. If you invite me to, I will share my opinion. But all this would only be useful to you IF it served as a form of 'whack upside the head' -- a way to realize that you run the risk of wasting your time for years seeking, seeking, seeking. Maybe you think you have years to waste.

Use Equalizer. Use RDSS. Use HTR or Jcapper or BLAM. Pick something and become a master of it.

You possibly think I'm being harsh on you. Probably your parents do think that about me. But there's no escaping who is responsible for your own success (at anything) - you look at him in the mirror everyday. I only wanted to help if you wanted to help yourself. Still do.

With respect,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Ted, Lt1, partsnut,

I screwed up! I really did. I never realized how big of a LUTZ I was (thanks PA) trying to find the treasure chest but starting at me in the face was the only choice that now is RDSS. Even though I have not been on it for a while, I think that is now my plan B. Sorry to everyone, especially you Ted that I have jumbled in the head instead of me sticking to RDSS. I now do feel that I should follow what RDSS has in store for me and will continue to produce great numbers. Ted, I should have been nicer to you like in the beginning and really am sorry for what I have said to you recently. Please accept my insecure apology. My focus is NOW to focus more on my studies and only when I have free time, use RDSS for handicapping.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #6
gentz
AlwNW2X

That software sucks... The only reason I looked at it was because you could adjust beaten lengths and have the adjustment show in the calculations. It sucks!!
gentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #7
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Ted, Lt1, partsnut,

I screwed up! I really did. I never realized how big of a LUTZ I was (thanks PA) trying to find the treasure chest but starting at me in the face was the only choice that now is RDSS. Even though I have not been on it for a while, I think that is now my plan B. Sorry to everyone, especially you Ted that I have jumbled in the head instead of me sticking to RDSS. I now do feel that I should follow what RDSS has in store for me and will continue to produce great numbers. Ted, I should have been nicer to you like in the beginning and really am sorry for what I have said to you recently. Please accept my insecure apology. My focus is NOW to focus more on my studies and only when I have free time, use RDSS for handicapping.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Conley,

There are many of us out there that are seeking the "Holy Grail" and are always looking for a better mouse trap. I have been at the game for 64 years and still look to improve my game.
When Brisnet offered free contests, many years ago, my focus was on Dr. Sartins Energy I finished in 12th and 13th Positions in 3 consecutive contests. Jimmy Bradshaw, gave me as on some insight on "early speed " when I called him from Las Vegas.
In 2009 I won the win category in the Meadowlands survivor contest and also won a few contests on PaceAdvantage including the 2009 P.A.I.H.L. My main focus was on PaceAppraiser and MPH.
Today, things have changed. The game is a lot harder then it was years ago.

Find and focus on what you believe will work for you. Test and retest before making a bet. Enter free contests. Make sure it works for you.
Because of your age, I would recommend you not make any bets at this juncture.
I don't believe you are of legally responsible age.

You have your whole life to decide if this is really what is best for you and what you want.

RDSS works for many on this board. Those that use it successfully worked hard for their success with it.
Remember, there is no free lunch.

Last edited by partsnut; 12-06-2018 at 12:40 PM.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:16 PM   #8
raceman5
Grade 1

Well

Put Bill.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #9
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
Put Bill.

Bob
Shoot. Bill. Sorry I forgot you name. Thanks for helping me and guiding me. Plus that one day where you did a race at fort Erie and the horse came back at a big price that I saw how he matched up. Bless you bill
Old 12-06-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
jdcaldwell
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Ted, Lt1, partsnut,

Refreshing response. Thank you.
jdcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote