Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #21
Lt1
Grade 1

For those who have not seen the Brisnet Profit Line sheet when it comes to entries they not only show the original ranks and ml odds but to the right of the horses name in parenthesis they show the odds the horse will be in the event 1 half of the entry scratches.
A very nice feature.
Tim G
Old 02-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #22
MikeB
Grade 1

I have a minor problem with the PPs for Turf Paradise for tomorrow, 2/14/17. The Card Summary correctly shows one FTS in the 1st race. When I click on that race, RDSS opens the list of entries for the race and shows 2 horses with a red block "FTS" and a black block "U" under running style after their names, the 6 and the 7.

The 7 horse is a real FTS, but the 6 horse, "Trojan", is also identified as such. Clicking on the tab for the 6 horse shows no races in its history, although it has had one race.

That race may be what is screwing up the process, because it was a 3 1/2 F at NP back in September. RDSS does show workouts for the horse, but nothing else in its history.

Not that its race was anything to be proud of, running 7th in a 7 horse field, 25 lengths back in a 3 1/2 F race.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #23
MikeB
Grade 1

I have a problem with PPs for Delta Downs today, March 11. I don't know if this is a 2.1 problem or a general RDSS problem or a TrackMaster problem.

For races 5 and 6, when I open the race, no pace lines are selected even after clicking again on the "last line" or on "best of last 3" pace line tool. Also, there are no check boxes on the far left of each pace line. If I go through the PPs of each horse and double click on a pace line, that line then appears on the bottom panel, but again with no check box on the left. While the Original tab on the Contender screen shows each pace line, all of the other tabs (BL, Rx, Energy, etc.) are empty.

I'm guessing the problem may involve the length of the races. Race 5 is at 1 mile and 9/16, and race 6 is 2.5f.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #24
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
I have a problem with PPs for Delta Downs today, March 11. I don't know if this is a 2.1 problem or a general RDSS problem or a TrackMaster problem.

For races 5 and 6, when I open the race, no pace lines are selected even after clicking again on the "last line" or on "best of last 3" pace line tool. Also, there are no check boxes on the far left of each pace line. If I go through the PPs of each horse and double click on a pace line, that line then appears on the bottom panel, but again with no check box on the left. While the Original tab on the Contender screen shows each pace line, all of the other tabs (BL, Rx, Energy, etc.) are empty.

I'm guessing the problem may involve the length of the races. Race 5 is at 1 mile and 9/16, and race 6 is 2.5f.
Mike, you answered the question in your last paragraph. RDSS - any version - does not do > 12f races, or less than 4.5f races. These distances are not susceptible to pace analysis.

What you CAN do for distances > 12f though, if there are usable pacelines, is change the distance of the race to 12f or less. On the Card Summary screen, simply right-click on the distance or surface column, then select a new distance or surface.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #25
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
I have a minor problem with the PPs for Turf Paradise for tomorrow, 2/14/17. The Card Summary correctly shows one FTS in the 1st race. When I click on that race, RDSS opens the list of entries for the race and shows 2 horses with a red block "FTS" and a black block "U" under running style after their names, the 6 and the 7.

The 7 horse is a real FTS, but the 6 horse, "Trojan", is also identified as such. Clicking on the tab for the 6 horse shows no races in its history, although it has had one race.

That race may be what is screwing up the process, because it was a 3 1/2 F at NP back in September. RDSS does show workouts for the horse, but nothing else in its history.

Not that its race was anything to be proud of, running 7th in a 7 horse field, 25 lengths back in a 3 1/2 F race.
Mike, I checked that race and I see what you mean. I don't know why that 3.5f race from Northlands Park did not show up in the PPs. ALL races, no matter how weird are supposed to show up.

Any chance you still have the PPs from another source for that race (other than the RDSS TrackMaster data file)? If so, could you email them to me? I can also examine the internal contents of the TrackMaster data file. You never know what pops up!

Thanks,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-15-2017, 08:36 PM   #26
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
Lately I have been having a lot of crashes when I have the program running for more than 2 hours.
Sometimes I am able to close the program and re-open it, but other times I have to force a shut down of the computer and reboot.
Rmath
Thanks Dick. With this version (.033) RDSS still runs out of memory after loading about 15 races or so, depending on how many horses and how many pacelines. If you ran into that limit, RDSS stops. I also notice it stops after running a certain amount of races through the live toteboard. Same reason - memory.

Perhaps one or both of those scenarios happens to you. I have a plan ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 09-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #27
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted,

For some reason the same old assembly problem has gotten worse. Today I am down to assembling individual races so it won't crash. The old version has always been more stable regarding this issue. Is this going to be addressed in an update? This should be a basic function of the software that can be relied on meaning you should be able to assemble a couple of tracks daily programs without restarting continually.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #28
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Ted,

For some reason the same old assembly problem has gotten worse. Today I am down to assembling individual races so it won't crash. The old version has always been more stable regarding this issue. Is this going to be addressed in an update? This should be a basic function of the software that can be relied on meaning you should be able to assemble a couple of tracks daily programs without restarting continually.

Pook
Mike, just to be clear -

I'm not quite sure which 'old version' you are referring to, since (from the RDSS server logs) you have not been using RDSS V2.1.xxx (.033 or .040) for anything for the past few months - rather, using the 'old' public version 2.0-Beta2.6-02. Are you saying this old version (not V2.1) is more unstable than previously? If so, that's confusing - since of course that version (the one you're using) has not been updated in over 4 years ...

Regardless - if you are reporting that whenever you previously used V2.1.033 it appeared to crash more frequently (run out of memory) when assembling single cards, or when assembling MANY races from the MyRaces screen - than it previously did, well, I'm not following that either. I can't think of what external issues might cause the same program version to perform worse during assembly, given the same computer, same memory, same Windows version - all of which appear unchanged (per the RDSS server logs).

If your question is - when will the bulk Assembly crash problem be fixed (i.e. assemble ALL races = 100's of them at a time): the answer is - it is working its way to the upper regions of my To Do list! I have a plan, which requires some 'heavy lifting' of some code bits, but I don't see why that plan should fail if we can Assemble either Full Cards (which always seems to work, for me, several computers) or at worst individual races.

In the interim, I can only recommend that you use the OLD version (2.0-Beta2.6-02) to download, convert and Assemble. Of course, if you want to make use of the CR+ and ProfitLine and Rx ratings in V2.1 - you'll have to Assemble in V2.1.

I usually advise people: Assemble 1 track, restart the software and then handicap. Or, start Assembly of 1 track, then start another copy of RDSS and start Assembly of another track, then start another RDSS copy ... etc. The parallel Assembly trick appears (to me) to work up to about 5 simultaneous RDSS instances (also possibly dependent on total system memory and whether using 64 bit Windows such as Win10).

I absolutely agree that this Assemble problem has to be resolved, and I actually recently have a greater reason than before to get this working sooner than later (Assemble ALL races, ALL Tracks - e.g. overnight - to get more detailed knowledge about which races offer competitive betting and matchup-related opportunities).

If I didn't understand your concerns correctly, could you kindly restate them. However, I am surprised that in V2.1.033 (or .040) Assembly of entire cards of races (i.e. up to say 15 races at a time) ever fails, let alone behaves any differently now than it did a year ago.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #29
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted,

Maybe I wasn't clear on the problem I was having that day.

For whatever reason yesterday assembling races was better (not crashing every race). Maybe I had a bad file or something because everything else was the same. This assembling is done in 2.1.0.7 which has Profitline etc. It would be okay if I did it ahead of time like the night before but you need to wait for scratches to get the Profitline benefits. So I do it closer to post time. Also I may change tracks part way through the day and any time I have to restart software, the software starts to get in the way of itself. That is in 2.1.0.7.

You are correct that I use my older version 2.0.2.12 to download the files. This version is simpler and doesn't crash as much. This is the one I use for the Matchup because I don't need the bells and whistles of the newer one. I use the versions concurrently.

I have only ever had these two versions. Your version numbers are different. Am I using the latest update?

One other thing that I have mentioned before is screen shift. I am not sure but I think it happens in both. It is when you go to the entries screen and the information has shifted to the left partially off screen. To correct it you have to click on the screen and hit left arrow repeatedly to bring it back to the right. Hitting one of the tabs at the top will take you to that screen which is then correctly positioned. If you are not sure what I mean I can put up a screen shot next time it happens. It doesn't occur all the time but starts after I have been using RDSS for a while. I usually restart to get rid of it. Another restart

Anyways I hope that the soon to be released update addresses these two basic functions.

Thanks
Mike (Pook)
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #30
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike, re versions: the 'old' (public) version is the one you get via the main 'Get RDSS' page, V2.0-Beta2.6-02: http://www.rdss2.com/how-to-obtain (and the one you use to download, per the RDSS server logs). The current RDSS 2.1 Testing version (the one we're discussing in this Testing Forum) is the one available on the Testing Forum Download page: http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10573 -- Version 2.1.040. Some people (you?) use the older Testing Version 2.1.033. I recommend you update to .040 as that fixed a ProfitLine Bug described elsewhere in this Bug List.

I think the Entries screen offset problem was fixed long ago and does not occur in V2.1. If you can demonstrate it in the new version, I would appreciate knowing!

I'll address the efficiency of Assembling many races at once as soon as I can, and take this reporting as encouragement to address it sooner than later: I want you to be happy! (And, I have plans for things the RDSS cloud server can do for all users if it had all races Assembled for a day, which it can't do now, unattended).

Thanks Mike,

Ted

R
DSS -