Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #11
dirty moose
Grade 1

Do any of you guys do tournaments on a regular basis? I didn't know tournaments were such a big part of the game.

Reminds me a lot of poker. And I love me a poker tournament
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #12
atkinsrr
Grade 1

yea DRF Bris and probably others have tournaments almost every week to qualify for Vegas tourneys....personally, I've tried a few in the past but I'm not a good tournament bettor because of all the cheap races they have where you can't get pace lines on a lot of horses..but the money is big...for sure
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
winning
Grade 2

I play in horse race tournaments at my home track, and online, From 2011, when my track started to do betting tournaments, I won 3 betting tournament, 2 second place, and one third place finished. My dad won one 2 betting tournaments this year. He came in 20th place in 2010 in the NTRA tournament at the Red Rock in Las Vegas. This year he didn't do well, but that was my fault, I like 2 horses that were over 20-1, and I pick the wrong one, but that is horse racing. My experience in $2 win and place you have more 2 and half times your bank roll. So you cannot take anything less than 5-1, you can at the beginning, but you need to string together long shots above 8-1. In betting contests, I will go all in if I like a horse. I did that 2 times to win the EMD winter series first tournament. There is good book The Winning Contest Player by Peter Thomas Fornatale. At Treasure Island in Las Vegas where the tournament was held. A lot of players used HTR software to get their winners. I used every Sartin program I got to give me an edge. Its hard to win, but with hard work and determination, and positive attitude, I believe anyone can be successful in any tournaments, and need some luck too. There is a lot of better handicappers on this website that is a lot better than I'am. I'm still learning and like Sartin instructor Sam Wada said, I will never have this is game master, but I still can some money, best to everyone on this website.
winning is offline   Reply With Quote