Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Which set of data is more correct?

Ted:

The first attachment is the RDSS info for Bsharpsonata for Friday's Oaks at CD; the second is from the free pdf version of PP's same race, same horse.

In trying to determine who had broke best and perhaps lead at first call the PP's summary of data shows B# broke 2nd 2x and 1st once; RDSS says almost all the time 1st or 2nd?

I'm assuming that RDSS reads the chart incremental times and rounds up vs. DRF rounding down to the next lower 5th?

I don't very often even look at the print addition anymore, but thought this was notable for those that might be getting a different set of info!

Best regards,

Bill
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill,

Here's the Result Chart for B#'s last race (just click on the last race if you have the Chart data plan):

Name:  b#.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  74.8 KB

The 1st DRF column you see is the Post Position, not the Break (doesn't seem to be shown). B# was PP 4, but 1st at the Break or Start (Chart column above shown as St). TrackMaster PP data doesn't supply the 1st call running position for routes (the 2f point) while DRF does. The RDSS 1st Call point is the 4f point in a route, shown as Call2 in the Chart above, 2nd, beaten .1 lengths (shown as hd in RDSS), etc. I wish we got the 2f Position and BL in routes - it's a bit confusing.

Also, re Call times, DRF shows in 5ths rounded down, while TrackMaster provides the values in 10ths which RDSS shows as is. Thus, KEE #9 April 5, Chart final time shows as 1:43.69, RDSS shows as 1:43.7 and DRF shows as 1:43.3 (fifths) or 1:43.6 (tenths). I think RDSS shows more accurate running times.

Love that name: B# Sonata, much nicer than C Major!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™