Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 08-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #291
mowens33
Grade 1

incorrect running lines

Ted having a problem with incorrect running lines or missing lines for today's card
Example:
Regards, Mike
Attached Images

mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #292
gandalf380
Grade 1

Mike:
I downloaded Wo a couple of days ago. The races on my RDSS show correctly, at least for this race. Possibly try reassembling this race or if that doesn't work, redownload the whole file.?
Old 08-04-2019, 01:49 PM   #293
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike, I concur with Charlie, my RDSS PPs for that horse match the DRF you show. Try re-assembling that race first. If that does not change things, please UNCHECK the DON'T DUPLICATE box on the Data Centre Tasks section and re-download, re-convert that card.

No idea right now why that might have happened ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #294
mowens33
Grade 1

Ted, Thanks!
Old 08-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #295
RichieP
Grade 1

Hi Ted
just looked at DMR 5th and saw the attached for entries showing the 6 and 9
scratched (both ran) and the 8 running (scratched)

rebooted twice while race was live, same thing
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2019, 08:50 PM   #296
mowens33
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
Mike:
I downloaded Wo a couple of days ago. The races on my RDSS show correctly, at least for this race. Possibly try reassembling this race or if that doesn't work, redownload the whole file.?
Charlie, just seen you were the first one to responded to my post.

Thanks!

See you next week!!

Mike
Old 08-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #297
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Hi Ted
just looked at DMR 5th and saw the attached for entries showing the 6 and 9
scratched (both ran) and the 8 running (scratched)

rebooted twice while race was live, same thing
Rich, this problem happens at SA and DMR when a horse number is missing - in this case the #5 horse is missing (an Early Scratch). This has been mentioned several times before, somewhere. The scratch routine presumes there are no missing horses numbers (which is correct for all tracks EXCEPT SoCal tracks), but when there are missing numbers, the scratch info gets applied incorrectly.

When this is the case, you have to disable the tote system to prevent this from happening. Use the routine to disable the tote system described several places in this thread, or in this general announcement here (http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/sho...&postcount=251)

I will get this fixed in the general update coming whenever I can get it done, per my general announcement (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12434)

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-09-2019, 05:39 AM   #298
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Rich, this problem happens at SA and DMR when a horse number is missing - in this case the #5 horse is missing (an Early Scratch). This has been mentioned several times before, somewhere. The scratch routine presumes there are no missing horses numbers (which is correct for all tracks EXCEPT SoCal tracks), but when there are missing numbers, the scratch info gets applied incorrectly.

When this is the case, you have to disable the tote system to prevent this from happening. Use the routine to disable the tote system described several places in this thread, or in this general announcement here (http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/sho...&postcount=251)

I will get this fixed in the general update coming whenever I can get it done, per my general announcement (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12434)

Ted
Thanks Ted
Old 09-04-2019, 11:01 AM   #299
Ted Craven
Grade 1

A reminder of a problem in the current version (V2.1.049.11) related to the TwinSpires Ratings ProfitLine and Prime Power -

When a Coupled Entry exists (i.e. #1 and #1A or #2 and #2X) RDSS puts the data it gets from TwinSpires in the wrong place and ranks it incorrectly, for both PL and PP.

When you see a Coupled Entry where BOTH parts of the entry still exist (i.e. one part has not been scratched), please check the online TwinSpires page to see the correct PL numbers (alas, PP numbers are not visible). When one part of a Coupled Entry has been scratched, the PL numbers and ranks appear to be correct. If you are not running RDSS with the Tote Enabled, you will need to manually refresh the TS Ratings using the Refresh TS Ratings button.

Here is the main TwinSpires page - no login required (the one RDSS accesses for data):
https://www.twinspires.com/bet/program/todays-races/time

Navigate to the Track and Race, then look on the Basic Tab, at the Odds Column far right, per the example below.

Name:  TS.ProfitLine.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  141.6 KB

A secondary problem RDSS encounters is when ProfitLine Odds are tied (e.g. the #1 and #5 above, both tied at 3-1). RDSS incorrectly ranks tied PL Odds in the Progam # order it encounters them, when what it should do is rank them tied (in this case tied rank #1, not rank #1 and #2).

(a reminder, youc an show the expanded version of the Entries screen using the 'expander' icon [+] above the SCR column).
Name:  FL1.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  154.0 KB

The above problems with Coupled Entries and tied ranks affect both ProfitLine and Prime Power, and I have a solution to resolve the above issues with the next update.

Please Note: there are various TwinSpires sources of ProfitLine and Prime Power on different reports (e.g. free or purchased PDF reports) both prior to the current day and ON the current day. RDSS ONLY has access to the data published the CURRENT day at the link given above (here: https://www.twinspires.com/bet/progr...ays-races/time). It has no access to data in PDF reports. Whenever there may be a discrepancy in data published in TwinSpires PDF reports (either before or on the current race day), when comparing what RDSS shows, please always compare ONLY to the live day-of HTML page and not any of the PDF reports.

Of course, you can always use PL and PP ratings from the TwinSpires PDF reports in your handicapping as you see fit. But RDSS will always and only use the data it gets from the above link.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 09-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #300
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Belmont today - 3 horses shown as FTS, but with many races, none shown

Three foreign horses show as FTS, but there is no info for their races in the individual tabs.

Name:  ScreenHunter_1158 Sep. 07 15.24.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  74.6 KB

Name:  ScreenHunter_1159 Sep. 07 15.24.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  ScreenHunter_1160 Sep. 07 15.25.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  111.7 KB

Is this how foreign horses are going to show up from now, or was todays info just a hiccup?
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote