Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #11
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Ted,

Email to you on 3/28/19, also sent via regular email. One file is 2,000 and the other over 4,000 MB
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:13 AM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Got your re-mailed copies today. Will get them uploaded this afternoon.

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:23 AM   #13
Dorianmode
always learning

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hello All my Pace and Cap friends

Here is a RDSS model combining a few models I have gathered for awhile
I have over 1600 races I would say 90 percent are " AS IS" using the RDSS default settings with the best of last 3 perceptor. If a line were changed it was almost always to a more comparable distance or surface

I have merged all my models into Dorianmodes nifty spread sheet with the filters on top from this post:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12493

Here is my spreadsheet:
Attachment 48507
Hi Bill, (and all)
I took a look at this sheet you kindly posted. It's great work ... I'm glad it makes sense to you to be able to use it. There are some obvious improvements I see now I should make to the original sheet I posted, (for example) I should have added the filter function for the track, distance, surface and race type columns. I'll get that done today or tomorrow and post an updated spread sheet. That way you can filter a lot more things, and easily look at more specific information.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #14
Bill V.
The egg man

Thanks

Please, I look forward to your improvements
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #15
Dorianmode
always learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Please, I look forward to your improvements
Ok, here it is ... sorry it took so long. (heh heh) ...
So ... I expanded the formulas to allow for 10,000 races.

Also I fixed the filter function, and took out the "dummy data".

The nice thing about the filters (which may not have been working properly in the sheet you uploaded ... but they are now)...is that as you did here, you can put ALL your data in one sheet, (ONE PLACE) and then use filters to look at what you want.

There is a filter applicable now to EVERY column. That means you can apply multiple filters at the same time ... for example if you were to first filter to chose just Belmont races, then second, add another filter to pick just turf races, ... look at what the "small function" tells you ! It tells you that 85 % of the Belmont turf races fall generally in the #1 position in most of the RDSS calculations. That might be very useful for one to know. There are endless variations of these filter combinations that will come to mind for the excellent creative astute handicappers here.

Always save an extra copy somewhere, before changing anything so if you or your computer messes up the sheet, you can restore it easily.

Also be careful about leaving "on" filters you don't want. Below is a little screen shot of what a filter looks like, when its "on". The little funnel is up.

If you see other changes or additional functions you want, let me know.
Tom
(Dorianmode)

Name:  Filter.image.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  16.8 KB

Improved Filterable profile with data at top Bill V data.xlsx

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-26-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: cleaned up attachment display
Old 10-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Ted,

Email to you on 3/28/19, also sent via regular email. One file is 2,000 and the other over 4,000 MB

Here are Bill Lyster's Excel Model sheets:

http://rdss2.com/models/Model-GP.Dirt.6-7-8.xlsx (2.5 Mb)

http://rdss2.com/models/Model-SA.2018-2019.xlsx (5.3 Mb)

Thanks very much for these Bill - very kind to share them!

(Bill, when I opened the SA workbook, Excel gave a message '...found a problem with some content ...' requiring 'recovery as much as we can'. Perhaps take a look at that one to be sure it's the same as what you sent me.)

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #17
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Ok, here it is ... sorry it took so long. (heh heh) ...
So ... I expanded the formulas to allow for 10,000 races.

Also I fixed the filter function, and took out the "dummy data".

The nice thing about the filters (which may not have been working properly in the sheet you uploaded ... but they are now)...is that as you did here, you can put ALL your data in one sheet, (ONE PLACE) and then use filters to look at what you want.

There is a filter applicable now to EVERY column. That means you can apply multiple filters at the same time ... for example if you were to first filter to chose just Belmont races, then second, add another filter to pick just turf races, ... look at what the "small function" tells you ! It tells you that 85 % of the Belmont turf races fall generally in the #1 position in most of the RDSS calculations. That might be very useful for one to know. There are endless variations of these filter combinations that will come to mind for the excellent creative astute handicappers here.

Always save an extra copy somewhere, before changing anything so if you or your computer messes up the sheet, you can restore it easily.

Also be careful about leaving "on" filters you don't want. Below is a little screen shot of what a filter looks like, when its "on". The little funnel is up.

If you see other changes or additional functions you want, let me know.
Tom
(Dorianmode)
Thank you Tom! I will be sure to incorporate your improvements to the model sheets when I release the next version of it (and send you some samples to test before hand).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #18
Dorianmode
always learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Thank you Tom! I will be sure to incorporate your improvements to the model sheets when I release the next version of it (and send you some samples to test before hand).

Ted
For those wondering where this came from ... there is some additional information in this thread about how this began. Post #9
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...ght=Dorianmode
Old 10-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #19
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
I just opened that one up and did not get any error message. I got a message from the open source file telling me of new improvements, but no errors.

Bill
Old 10-26-2019, 12:13 PM   #20
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Tom:

I just tried to filter the surface column for turf only. When I did that the summary info in the top few lines said a sample of 605 races, but when I went to look at the sorted data, every race was marked "T" for turf.

So when you sort you should only look at the results in the top 17 lines? Is that correct?

Also the percentages of top two, three, and four show numbers in excess of 100% for each column. Surface column sorted for "T", 605 races in APV, and horses in the top two show 102, top 3 140. The formula covers lines down to line 1775 which would mean that any race whether turf or not would record if the rank was top 2, 3, etc.???

Also it appears that only the column formula for APV goes to Q10000, the other columns cover through Q 1775

Last edited by Bill Lyster; 10-26-2019 at 12:16 PM.