Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #81
poweshow
AlwNW2X

Is there a chance we get the release before the weekend? I would absolute hate for these problems to pop up again during the weekend when I'm seriously playing and wagering hundreds of dollars. At the least perhaps we could get the release and keep the old version around so we can jump to the other if either goes down.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #82
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweshow View Post
Is there a chance we get the release before the weekend? I would absolute hate for these problems to pop up again during the weekend when I'm seriously playing and wagering hundreds of dollars. At the least perhaps we could get the release and keep the old version around so we can jump to the other if either goes down.
There are a couple of issues in testing which are important enough that I resolve them before releasing an update broadly (scratch reporting, sorting). I hope I can release something for this weekend, but there's a chance I might miss that.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that the single issue which interrupted RDSS last Monday will not recur immediately (outdated Brisnet URL hit failed badly rather than gracefully). That event was much more uncommon than common. For example, just try typing in your browser: www.rdss2.com/thisisabadURL (or www.google.com/thislinkdoesnotexist) - you will at least get an immediate failure notice, which RDSS would be able to handle no problem. The Monday problem was because the failure notice took a long time to come back, which is not normal, which was fixed by Brisnet on Tuesday. (And RDSS should not be hitting that old Brisnet Supertote link, which is among the changes to the forthcoming update).

Anyway - I hope that gives a bit of confidence that perhaps we have a few more days to get a new update which will not have unacceptable bugs. I absolutely agree though with you that it would be a shame to lose ANY more time being able to use RDSS profitably, which is why I am releasing an update rather earlier than I otherwise had planned to.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #83
Dorianmode
always learning

No probs for me

Maybe it's all resolved now ... but I have :
1709 (OS Build 16299.248),
and have had no problems this week, and it's working now.
I know it was fine on Thursday 2/22 for me also.

I have no problems ...
Old 02-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #84
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Maybe it's all resolved now ... but I have :
1709 (OS Build 16299.248),
and have had no problems this week, and it's working now.
I know it was fine on Thursday 2/22 for me also.

I have no problems ...
Thanks Doc! Yes, looks like back in order now, but still working feverishly to get an update. Looks like next week, by now ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #85
poweshow
AlwNW2X

Please tell me with March here and big-time prep races beginning we're going to have our tote back. We desperately need this live tote back, absolutely desperately.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #86
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Please tell me with March here and big-time prep races beginning we're going to have our tote back. We desperately need this live tote back, absolutely desperately.
Poweshow,

Ted would be doing a great disservice to the group by releasing an RDSS version that was littered with bugs, generated incomplete or incorrect information, or locked up/froze up. All of which could have adverse effect on your bankroll. Even though the current release can't support tote, and going back and forth between RDSS and an ADW is inconvenient, I think you would agree that it's better than nothing and at least the data is accurate and stable.

Ted is going about this the right way. It is probably a blessing that the bug from a few weeks ago didn't persist, as it may have rushed a not quite ready for prime time release to us just to avoid that bug. Since it was a one time fluke, it bought time enough to bring this closer to perfection.

Thank you Ted for all you do!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #87
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Poweshow - I hear and accept the urgency of your plea! Yes, absolutely the tote will return very shortly. This weekend is a big one for testing the remaining few items of what will be a 2-part update. First, next week, the previously existing tote functionality returns, along with a number of other enhancements to V2.1. Next, in March, the remainder of the tote and new race-day info from the new tote system (all Scratches/Changes, mutuels, ProfitLine, auto-export to modeling), along with long overdue secure access to TrackMaster downloads (HTTPS).

Got to get it right (enough) at each software release stage that any bugs I missed don't stop folks dead in their tracks .

A tip of the hat to my (anonymous) long suffering early testers ...

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-03-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #88
rdiam
Grade 1

I completely agree with Jeebs. Ted's efforts should not be underestimated. Patience is a virtue.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #89
poweshow
AlwNW2X

I hate how patient and correct you guys are all the time... it's disgusting. Perhaps one of you fine gentlemen can teach me some patience someday, especially on the track.

Thanks y'all
Old 03-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #90
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted

Profitline is not downloading again. I am not prompted to log in to Twinspires as usual. Yet the red dots show up saying Profitline is downloaded. I am not using the latest update. I am using the one from last November. Has the connection expired and is now working in the new format you keep promising?

Pook
Closed Thread