Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 11-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #41
Mark
Grade 1

Your memory is better than mine...

You know I just don't remember what they were wearing as I wasn't looking at that. And the date, it all runs together any more. But thank you for reminding me, I know where I was in 92 and who I was working for. The point was the tactics attributed to Pizzolla were underhanded and just cruel. I'm sure the Doc was no angel but the only things I experienced from him were kindness and consideration. He took me to lunch at the Mexican joint just down the street from the Pirco office when I went up to see him the first time and I always appeared to feel guilty taking my money for the programs and he always gave me armloads of manuals as I was leaving. I know I paid full price for Thoromation/Kgen at the time, $1500, but there was not a hint of arrogance in his demeanor. That was over 30 years ago and I still harbor very strong negative toward Pizzolla.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #42
delayjf
Grade 3

It may have been in 1993, I'm not 100 percent sure. I do remember that Jimmy and several other members (including me) handicapped a 12.00 winner out in the sports book in between presentations. I remember looking at the PPs and asking myself, what does Jimmy see in this horse. I bet 20.00, it was his pick, but the money was just as sweat.

Doc was always generous to me as well. He would not sell me Thromation when I first walked into his office. Rather he sold me Synergetic Match Up II and GAVE me a free copy of Entropy for about 150.00. Those were the only programs that I used for about 5 years. The only thing I didn't like about them was the manual entry.

Speaking of Pizzola, One thing that did stick out in my mind is that he mentioned briefly in his book a horse name Kickin, who he had picked, that won a turf race at long odds. I remembered that horse because I had bet the horse as well, as he was ranked #1 on sustained pace OFF A DIRT PACELINE. I asked Ken Massa at HTR a while back to run a query on Sustain Pace #1 using a dirt pace line and it showed positive ROI, not to many plays though.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote