Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
bobs7171
Maiden

Dave Edwards

Dave - are you TOPSPEED from the Racing Post.
bobs7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Hahaha, no mate I'm not!

You're from the UK I presume?
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #3
bobs7171
Maiden

Hi Dave

Sorry - completely forgot i posted this - yes from the UK(Glasgow) - when i saw the name i thought mmm - USA pace forum - UK speed figure compiler for Racing Post - must be him on here trying to learn new methods to adapt to UK racing. I understand he is a Man City fan as well. Anyway thanks for confirming
mate - do you bet solely on US racing or have you adapted any of the methods to Uk racing. I find that i just view races completely different now(mindset) from what i have picked up(lurking) on here. Pace is universal - unfortunately we have limited data (no fractionals except for a few tracks) although i understand Ireland are introducing scetional timing across the board from 2017.
I take sectionals from video using software for some Uk racing but the work load is tremendous. Anyhoo thanks again Dave

Bob
bobs7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Hi Bob,

Anyhoo? Was that in a Glaswegian accent??!!
I stick solely to US racing.
As far as the UK scene goes I don't bother anymore. I think if sectionals were available across the board that may change my mind, but until then it won't be for me.

I've thought about the possibility of compiling my own sections, but timewise I just couldn't do it, commute to work, kids etc.
Focusing just on the AW would probably make things easier I guess. On the turf, things could be a little more problematic due to the variation in course layout. Clearly a mile at Brighton going over Wilson Avenue is going to be nothing like a straight mile at Newmarket.
That said, some data is way better than no data of course.
Hopefully if Ireland lead the way the UK will follow.

If often wondered about the NH scene too. Although raced at distances way further than the Methodology deals with I'm sure there must be applications, but obviously moved rails when the going is bad could alter the distances covered dramatically.

If you haven't done so yet, check out Tom Brohamer's lecture tapes in the audio section. Solid gold.

Nice one Bob, catch you around here soon.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote