Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 06-08-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
mesquitedavid
AlwNW2X

S/D - What does it mean?

What does S/D mean ? Search talks about San Diego and I am pretty sure that's not it.[ATTACH]37829
Attached Images

mesquitedavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
rmath
Grade 1

S/d

Mesquitdavid, S/D stands for Surface and Distance
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
mesquitedavid
AlwNW2X

Thanks

Thanks
mesquitedavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

say the magic word ....

If you happen to find a race were all the horses in the race have only run at Del Mar, Either on the dirt if its a dirt and turf if its a turf and no other track then the S/D could stand for the record at San Diego

Name:  groucho.PNG
Views: 1031
Size:  186.5 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #5
sureshotlink
Grade 1

37 more day's but who is counting!!
sureshotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
SamP
AlwNW1X

S/d

In my opinion the way RDSS2 displays S/D numbers is confusing. If today's race is a 6f dirt sprint, then the S/D numbers represent ALL dirt sprints that the horse has run. This would include 5f, 5.5f, 6f, 6.5f, 7f and 7.5f dirt races. Maybe the horse isn't competitive in races less than 6f, but he is competitive in 6f races. If the horse has more than 10 races, then some of the results are hidden and we don't know if they were 5f or maybe 7.5f races. I have looked at the TrackMaster pps and they seem to display the Correct information. Maybe Ted could explain why RDSS2 handles S/D the way it does.

Last edited by SamP; 09-06-2014 at 09:13 PM.
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #7
SamP
AlwNW1X

S/d

I should have started the last message by saying that DRF, Brisnet, and TrackMaster define S/D to be about the distance and surface of today's race. Meaning that if today's race is a 6f dirt sprint, then the S/D numbers should only include all of the 6f dirt races that the horse has run, not any other distance or surface. Sorry I didn't include that.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #8
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

I think RDSS' interpretation of S/D groups all Routes together and all sprints together.

IE: S/D on for a 6f race in RDSS on turf would include all turf sprints, regardless of 5f-7f. That's just what I've noticed.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The numbers in the 'Stats' box are precisely what I get in the data file from TrackMaster. S/D relates to the distance grouping of today's race - all sprints or all routes for today's surface. Plus - re today's surface, if it is NOT Turf (i.e. dirt or flavour of Poly / All-weather) all dirt and Poly stats are grouped together.

I agree it is not as detailed as it could be. Also, it does not agree completely with newer TrackMaster data file contents, as displayed in some TrackMaster products (which is broken out more fine-grained).

One of numerous data-file upgrades which are possible. I can ask about upgrading this data in our RDSS data file, for a future software update.

Meanwhile, while not being indelicate, to see what a horse has been able to do in its past 10 efforts - well, we have the glorious details in the running lines. Older than that - can you rely on whether the info is still relevant, or reproducible today (e.g. once upon a time, won or placed in a race near today's distance at today's track, while not having done so recently or been entered by connections to do so recently ...)? Just asking.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #10
SamP
AlwNW1X

S/d

Thanks for your input Ted. I was just curious why the TrackMaster Past Performances showed S/D numbers differently than RDSS. Not a big deal.