Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Matchup students

I have gotten several emails/private messages in last few weeks asking for help matching/projecting pace etc etc. I am personally NOT going to be able to help any of you at this time.

1) My play the last couple of months is sparse and NOT good. Only time I teach folks Jim's stuff is when I am sharp and winning consistently and that is definitely NOT going on now.

2) Things around the house here have changed dramatically and I am needed more and more to T.C.O.B. My "spare time" is virtually gone.

3) I am going back to school at the end of this month for 3 months of very intense classroom/lab work. Time for me to be all I can be.

I wanted to be very clear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW for you Matchers that ask for help I will tell you the ONE thing that I believe can/will help you and it has been said numerous times:

When you are having trouble go back to the 5 step approach Jim laid out for all of us here. You do NOT need his last book to succeed.

You have what you need here with his "5 Step Approach" (cornerstone of his book btw!) . Now PRACTICE

Go back to basics man. This is what Jim would always do with me when I "went bad" so to speak.

Couple of fellas are in a tourney this weekend. Some feedback that has worked for me regarding Contest/Tourney play(again when I was sharp):
1) project a pace then make 2 groupings Early and OTE
2) Make a call for the win of either early or OTE
3) Narrow that grouping down to 2 horses.

Now this is Jim's EXACT advice to me for contest/tourney play:
Unless you KNOW who is gonna win the race narrow to 2 and select the BIGGEST priced horse as your pick.

The tools are all here in Hat Check Forum for Mr. Bradshaw's Concepts.

The very best to everyone and good matching
Old 09-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
azbacks
Grade 1

You and your family come first Richie. Don't forget to think positive thoughts, take a moment here and there and relax (even for a couple of minutes) in a quiet place and we all know you will kick ass in school.

Pete
Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1

Rich ..

WE all understand what your saying man ..."Lifes" priorities take precedence first.

We all come to that fork in the road that we must choose which path to take.

I'll give you credit , to go back to school at our age isn't easy

For the past 3 years you gave us so much here , now its up to us to continue and keep it going. We have a lot of good cappers here and when I'm settled back in , I'll do what I can and get the cob webs out of The Matcher's forum

My best to you, your family and your pursuits and thank you for all you've giving me especially

mike

Last edited by mikesal57; 09-11-2009 at 01:22 PM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Hey Richie

I know what it means to step back and get life in order, but from what I here you are the guy who can do just that. I am going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and wish you the best, I have faith in you man.

Patrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
te salute richie! GO FOR IT!

IGNACIO.
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
mamojica
MC 4000

Good luck and best wishes. Hope everything works out for you, and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,
Marc
mamojica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Vinnie
Grade 1

All Props to Richie!!

Richie:

You are "THE MAN"! I know that you can do anything in the world that you put your mind to.

I wish you all "THE BEST"!

I will light a candle for you my friend. Just know that you are in my prayers.

Vinnie
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #8
PeteC
Grade 1

Best of luck Rich. Based on your teachings here, I have to believe you have some teaching, counseling, or mentoring in your background. Good luck in whatever you're going to study. I've benefitted so much from your teaching here, and appreciate everything you've done.

All the best,

Pete
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote