Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #11
omar
Grade 1

Don't take it so hard and above all stay out of the stock market, don't go in the pool and above all stay home but don't order any .... food.

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-11-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Racism not allowed, even by a joker
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #12
raceman5
Grade 1

Good

Stuff guys, me I'll keep betting. actually in the first at Gp today we have an Omar book play #2 also like 3-6

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #13
Mitch44
Grade 1

Myself I'll march on as the playing field is equal. Meaning we all must face the same obstacles. I have just as much chance as the other player to win whether the horse is drugged or not. WE can't deal with what we don't know.

That indictment consisted of only 3 trainers (one a harness trainer), the others are just as guilty but also just ancillary to the problem. The real problem are the trainers and a sport that can't police itself. Plus many of the establishment own horses. The owner of Mth. racetrack owns horses and had horses with Servis. HMM!!! Yea he'll look the other way.

Good luck Bob.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:00 PM   #14
Lt1
Grade 1

Parx trainer Marcos Zulueta [winning at 22%] was also nailed for selling the stuff to Navarro.
Tim
Old 03-12-2020, 04:38 AM   #15
omar
Grade 1

Don't try and overthink this. Just like a train at a RR crossing it will pass. Don't change your handicapping if it was successful. DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #16
Fairchild
AlwNW3X

It seems to me that some of the horses who are made favorites because of suspect running lines will now come back to the pack. This should cause some confusion and higher payouts. A person who can spot those races has a chance to do really well
Fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #17
thelyingthief
Grade 2

yeah, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elocutionist View Post
I just read the whole indictment. This is a terrible black eye for horse racing, but I'm not at all surprised. I wonder what the fallout will be for the sport.
the blacker the better. 30% winning trainers, speed improvements of 20 pt. of Beyer seemingly overnight, indifferent regard for the bettor, the horse, the industry, et.al., even to the wholesale fall-down-dead of an animal, to my way of thinking, superior to any of the men who manage them--what else is there to do, but blacken both its eyes, since it will not look through either of them?

The punishment of corruption must be summary and draconian. I repeat, draconian. Lengthy prison sentences, prohibition of individuals from race venues, fines levied on the tracks themselves, whatever it takes. The industry is dying they tell me: if it be so, then shove it into the grave if must; otherwise, where the threat is dire, be sure, the remedy must be harsh.

Of course, after a lengthy bit of 'yeah, but', nothing will come of it. In a world where truth, virtue, and character are held in slight regard, what the hell do you think will happen? Let me rephrase that, what the hell do you think should happen? And the industry--and the bettor, like it or not, is implicated in what that industry is--still says: "what will be the fallout.." When a man has married a trollop he should expect to find another man soiling his bed, that is what I think. But of course, true to his own deception, the cuckold mutters about his reputation, rather than see the repute he has chosen by her frolics--and, sure, that is more important, isn't it? Than anyone should know him for what he in fact IS?

tlt
thelyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:20 AM   #18
The Pook
Grade 1

Thanks Mick for posting this. It is about time for this news.

The horse racing industry in that country should have joined the rest of the civilized world long ago. Policing itself using international standards on a national basis would be a breath of fresh air.

I look forward to a more level playing field if in fact it does come to pass.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #19
mick
Abiding Student

You're welcome, Pook. Hope you're staying safe up there in warm and sunny Ontario. I see that our friend Ted has escaped to a tropical island.

As a recovering lawyer/judge, several things jumped off the page of that indictment. First, it's from a Federal grand jury, which means people have been testifying in secret for months. I suspect that one or more of the smaller fish "rolled" on the others. Second, it was handed down by the Southern District of NY, an aggressive, no-holds-barred bunch. Third, early in the investigation, the U.S. Attorney's office had enough evidence to obtain a wiretapping warrant from a Federal judge.

That said, I can't imagine any of these defendants "walking" and I believe that several will go to prison. What the racing industry in this country will do as a result, who knows? Those behind the scenes, e.g. the Jockey Club, are rich and powerful. The various jurisdictions have effectively resisted national oversight. I hope that isn't the case this time.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote