Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Breeders' Cup > 2015
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2015 Friday and Saturday Oct 30/31 - Keeneland, KY

Old 10-29-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Unhappy Beholder Scratched from BC Classic

Beholder is scratched from the BC Classic

Sigh ... Probably my favourite horse running. Even if I thought she had no shot in the Classic.

Now American Pharoah has a better chance, IMO (less early pressure).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
lone speed
Grade 1

Beholder scratching; takes out the value in the Classic. Before the scratch I had this mare as over the top; having peaked in the Pacific Classic and confirmed with the last race and with Beholder coming down with a fever shipping to Keeneland.

Easier to post my previous statement but I concur with Ted. Using the Pacific Classic pace line , Beholder got breather from the 4 furlong marker to 6 furlong marker; the mare ran a plus 24 and change on the 2nd turn fraction. American Pharoah ran his second fraction in the Travers in 23 and change followed by another 23 and change fraction from six furlongs to the mile marker while being pushed by Frosted.

I will evaluate the Classic more in depth but so far I have the top contenders as: American Pharoah along with Tonnalist, Frosted, and Honor Code. I had thrown out Keen Ice and Beholder. Why did I throw out Keen Ice if Keen Ice had beaten American Pharoah and Frosted you might ask? In the Classic , American Pharoah will blitz the early fractions causing a "fast up" on Keen Ice and any challengers up close to the expected early pace. So this blitzing early pace might set up the race for a closer except that the best closer in the race is American Pharoah.

Is there a "Declaration of War" on this year's edition?? Well let's wait until Bill Lyster chimes in..

This is just my two cents on the Classic and my own wish to see American Pharoah dominate this field.

Good skills

Last edited by lone speed; 10-29-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Grammer
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote