Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Horror Stories

Tonight in the 2nd at Charles Town I boxed the 2,3,9 and the race came in 9-2 and paid 363.00.I was hootin and hollerin and then I looked at my account balance and it was down money.When I recalled today's bets lo and behold the bet didnt go through but of course the win ticket on the losing horse did.I was ready to jump out the window until Pino calmed me down.Anyone else have any horror stories I would love to hear them.As the saying goes misery loves company.

FOOTNOTE-Now I know why Bill bets 2 horses to win .My top 2 were the 3 and 9 ,I bet the 3 because he was closer to the pace .The 9 wins at 27-1.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
admin
Administrator

left in machine

Hi Jeff
Most of my horror stories were leaving vochers in the betting
machines I have found a few tickets and Do my best to look around for the poor person who left them but I'm still down on that bet

I would say that one of my online errors was
one time screwing around with a Magna super Pick 5 $500000 contest
I did the races and had no thought of actually playing the bet
but I wanted to see what all my combonations would cost
It turned out to be $72. What happen was the bet was
still in the system because I never pushed submit bet
Well I made my regular win bet at Philly then when I
made another bet I saw my account was way down
It turns out when I made the win bet the Pick 5 bet went in too
I could not cancel because the first leg of the pick 5 went off
I had 3 of 5 but 2 were real low favorites

Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
emilio840
Grade 1

I had an interesting experience at Woodbine a few years ago.

It was after the 7th race had run and I was in the club house with about 10 people having a coffee. Some of us were standing and some were sitting. These people were much older than me. I have known them for over 20 years. One of them was looking for his winning ticket that paid $3300 and change. He cauht a nice tri.

He was taken tickets out of every pocket but none of them was the winning ticket. He started to sweat like crazy. Water was running down his fore head and face. The sweat was dripping in his coffee. And he continue to search his pockets.

I looked down beside my feet and I see the wining ticket. I picked it up and looked at it and I said is this it. The old guy looked at and said, "Thank you".

He send one of the guys to cash his ticket and when the guy came back with the money. The old guy hands some guy $300 and said, "Thats for the horse that you gave me to play in the Tri."

THAT MAN DID NOT EVEN BUY ME A COFFEE. NOW HE WONDERS WHY I DON'T SPEAK TO HIM.

emilio
emilio840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

was at the Meadowlands about 10 years ago. went outside to watch the trotters warm up while waiting for the night tbred simul to start.

saw this horse flying around the track like a wild horse warming up. I remeber thinking "holy sh** who is that?"

long story short I don't have the harness program so I walk inside and there is this old buck sitting with the program. I ask him who the 8 horse in the 8th race is cause he is warming up like Niatross. He tells me the horse is 20/1ml and for some reason John Campbell gets on tonight for the first time. The old guy thanx me and says he's gonna put a couple of bucks in the race.

I dont bet the race. horse wires the field and pays $163.60 (yes i remember exactly) I was SICK.

then I am walking to the bathroom and I catch a glimpse of the old buck cashing online. he comes off the line with a PILE of hundreds and comes over and hands me 10 bucks and says " thanx kid i just bet 16 bucks in the race and collected $2,300.00 on that horse"

SICK
Old 04-14-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
MIKE
Grade 1

other side of the coin

--we're up at Saratoga in the park, and after the second race, a buddy of mine starts looking for his winning $200.00 daily double ticket---can't find it!!
So he goes back to the clubhouse area where he watched the race and amidst 50,000 bettors and losing tickets bends over and picks up HIS winning ticket.

--.....somedays you're lucky and don't even know it!!!!
MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote