Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #21
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Nice example Bill but to use your words credibility comes before the fact or demonstrated performance. Did you bet it ? Where's the ticket? Anybody can find a decent paying horse after the fact. Put it up before.

Some more of your words; " I see closed minded individuals throw out numbers without backing them up without data or making broad based selections and not indicating how they would bet or play the race (before the fact). As they say, talk is cheap." You could add to this, throw out results after the fact.

" before the fact". I'm dying to see your 47% for a one horse bet and back up that braggadocio.

Patiently waiting,

Mitch44
------------------------------------------------------------
The single pick selections I post are always before the fact. The race example I posed was just that " an example".

Check out the last 2 races I posted on the UPINCLASS board.

Where are your selections?
What have you done or posted lately?

Show me yours and I'll post mine.
As they say in B'klyn "put up or shut up
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #22
The Pook
Grade 1

Gentlemen, gentlemen......

I am sure you have all seen my post calling for contestants for the 2020 Lonesome Cup under General Discussion. In a week and a half only three others besides myself have been willing to put their reputations on the line and pick winners over time for the grand sum of $10.

If you are all as good as you say you are the format will allow you to shine. There will randomly be enough races for everyone to do their thing. And obviously I am willing to put in the time to run it and track it. You put up your selections before post time. Actual final selections, not just lists of contenders. If you don’t like the odds you are getting, don’t post any selections. One horse bettors, two horse bettors, Sartinistas, Matchers, other methods based on pace, all are welcome. Done until maybe the end of May as long as tracks are running.

I was only looking for a minimum of ten players. If all you folks sniping back and forth here signed on we would probably be there.

It’s a friendly thing just for fun. Nobodys going to win a ton of money. No judging. I am sure all you guys are pretty good in your own individual ways and will probably all show various levels of profit. I know most of you have decades more experience than I do and I will be pulling up the rear. But so what. We can see how the big boys do it and some of us might learn a thing or two. Some of you will say that you have nothing to prove etc. etc. but......

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12870

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #23
Mitch44
Grade 1

First Bill I've never heard of UPINCLASS board and could care less about. Where are my selections? Well on this site that's easy as everyone of my posts can be looked up. Of course you know that, but you forgot. Anyway go check it out.

What have I done lately? Well first of all I have a life and more important things do. I'm presently more interested in doing research for more winning factors to add to my arsenal. Testing etc.

I'm not the making false claims here or bragging while you try to disparage Lt1 and I. I won't stand by being idle while you attempt that. Neither of us bragged but you did so I want to see the truth which is demonstrated performance. All I see is more BS and bragging. In fact everyone on the site is waiting for your back up. Personally I believe you backed yourself into a corner, now answer the bell.

I seem to remember a day last year at Tam when you posted some longshot picks and I played along. That day I believe it was 4 to 0 with some nice longshots. BTY I had the 4 good ones with tickets. Maybe you took it personal which I didn't. So when your looking up mine,look that up.

I'll never forget something Ted said in reference my Monkey picks (which were good priced horses with winning tickets) Ted said " it gets redundant after awhile" so with that I thought he made a valid point and moved on. I still get some real nice winners but don't put them up. I don't have to prove anything to anyone but only to myself.

Again patiently waiting,

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #24
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
First Bill I've never heard of UPINCLASS board and could care less about. Where are my selections? Well on this site that's easy as everyone of my posts can be looked up. Of course you know that, but you forgot. Anyway go check it out.

What have I done lately? Well first of all I have a life and more important things do. I'm presently more interested in doing research for more winning factors to add to my arsenal. Testing etc.

I'm not the making false claims here or bragging while you try to disparage Lt1 and I. I won't stand by being idle while you attempt that. Neither of us bragged but you did so I want to see the truth which is demonstrated performance. All I see is more BS and bragging. In fact everyone on the site is waiting for your back up. Personally I believe you backed yourself into a corner, now answer the bell.

I seem to remember a day last year at Tam when you posted some longshot picks and I played along. That day I believe it was 4 to 0 with some nice longshots. BTY I had the 4 good ones with tickets. Maybe you took it personal which I didn't. So when your looking up mine,look that up.

I'll never forget something Ted said in reference my Monkey picks (which were good priced horses with winning tickets) Ted said " it gets redundant after awhile" so with that I thought he made a valid point and moved on. I still get some real nice winners but don't put them up. I don't have to prove anything to anyone but only to myself.

Again patiently waiting,

Mitch44

Mitch, I see it as just the opposite way.
Reversing the situation and shifting your inefficiencies on me is an old ploy which exhibits your trepidation and inadequacies. In my opinion, your responses are very weak.

I am not going to preach to the choir. It falls on deaf ears.
It's a complete waste of my time and energy.

I've stated my views and made my point.
I will depart from this conversation with a favorite saying of mine.
"You can't fix stupid".

Enough said.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #25
Mitch44
Grade 1

Check out this response.

Bill I saved you some work and looked it up. Just posted it.

Yes you should withdrawal as you lost this battle.

Still waiting for that 47% with one horse as are all members.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 04-04-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:47 PM   #26
Mitch44
Grade 1

Well here's how I see this.

"It's a complete waste of my time and energy."

By all means let's not do that, so here's my proposal a one on one contest for $500 or $1,000 winner take all between you and I. I don't want to piddle around with my time for peanuts plus I love maximum pressure and thrive on it.

We all trust Ted and I can have my check to him within a couple days or bank transfer within one day on Monday. He can hold the funds so there will be a guaranteed payment. I would suggest some Satin criteria such as 20 races to be picked by an independent person such as Ted. No cherry picking to one's favorite track, dis, surface etc. Picks in prior to post and first to an independent person so neither one of us can copy each others picks. 3 choices only. Score 10 pints for a number one pick and 7 for a number 2 pick. This should give you an advantage with your 47% number 1 picks but I'll concede that.The 3rd pick only comes into play for scratches and then it moves up.

Patiently waiting,

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 04-04-2020 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #27
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mitch, that would be an entertaining head to head between any players here. But - Bill H (partsnut) has been suspended (again) for violating the Code of Conduct of this site (the part about not calling members stupid, also something about 'trepidation' and 'inadequacies'.

Not sure how the conversation went from "I respectfully disagree..." and "No offense intended ..." to the above. My guideline is: if you appear over say, 21 years old (OK, maybe 40, wait 60 - OK certainly 80) then you have had ample opportunity in life to learn to be respectful and not be baited by discussion contrary to your own thinking. What is permitted for one must be permitted for all. If this behaviour were permitted for all, then this board would shut down.

As a moderator, my hand was forced. Each member has their finger on their own remote, so to speak.

So, something about Longshots?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:35 PM   #28
CheckMark
Conley

To everyone here I feel bad sending this on the topic on Longshots even though it would have been a better idea to just PM partsnut rather than blab on about a non Sartin program. Very sorry to you Ted for not listening again and sorry for banning Partsnut. Sorry everyone. Anyways back onto the topic of Longshots shall we?

Sloppy runners today at Oaklawn look good to me.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #29
Mitch44
Grade 1

Well Ted I'm sorry to hear that and never expected something like that. Plus I was looking forward to making some $$$$$.

Perhaps I'm mellowing with age but I would ask that you reconsider it as I took no offence from those comments.

Mitch44
Old 04-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #30
The Pook
Grade 1

Yeah come on Ted! I was looking forward to the battle of the titans too.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote